Atheists are no better than Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: Atheists are no better than Christians
(13-06-2014 08:41 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You are so completely missing my point.

It does not matter if you are right if you cannot also be persuasive.

Read up on Organisational Change and then come back and try again.

Thumbsup
Persuasion sounds evil! I just want people to look at the evidence honestly and then decide themselves without any peer pressure, but be prepared to back up your opinions/statements otherwise that is just arrogance.

Right. So can you think of a better way of achieving that (e.g. laying out a balanced and reasoned argument (pros and cons)) than going up to a bunch of strangers and telling them what they think?

The latter approach... I've found through trial and error... is a very good way of persuading them that they should kick you in the nuts.

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-06-2014, 08:48 AM
(13-06-2014 08:44 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 2421526-7724001060-863903f2fa251f0867cdd...jpg__thumb]

/thread
But this is a brand new topic... you show me where Atwill's evidence of 50+ sequential parallels has been discussed previously? (topics with straw-man attacks don't count)

[Image: 14d0bbeab29ff9c2387cd4e439a459837f904219...e58815.jpg]

/op

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-06-2014, 08:50 AM
(13-06-2014 06:03 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Atheists are just as easily duped into belief systems as Christians. Atheists may not believe in God, yet they still make other ill assumptions about the Bible such as the historicity of Jesus. And when the real hardcore evidence comes along proving the origin of Christianity as a government project nobody has anything good to say about the man who made it happen - Joseph Atwill - in the same way that the expert fossil hunters had nothing good to say about the man who made Jurassic Park.
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com

If you cannot see what's happening here, for example, then you are just as foolish as Christians:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/pics/model.jpg

It's absolute kids' stuff!

“and in 70 AD, Roman armies under General Titus smashed Jerusalem and destroyed the great Jewish temple which was the heart of Jewish worship…in fulfillment of Christ’s prophecy in Matthew 24:2.http://www.redicecreations.com/specialre...islam.html
Then there are those of us who don't give a rats ass about the historicity of Jesus. Sure it's an interesting topic but its pretty irrelevant. I wouldn't say that atheists or Christians are easily duped. I'd say people in general are.
That is if you are not a perpetual sceptic.
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
13-06-2014, 08:57 AM
(13-06-2014 08:34 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  I've verified each of Atwill's sources here and create a website, whereas most people in this topic haven't read the book with failure even to click on the link or acknowledge any of the evidence:

Which suggests to me that you're a shill for the boy if not the boy himself. So fucking what? Answersingenesis has a website to. The church of scientology has a website.

Why if Atwill is an academic does he need websites promoting his view to lay people? What about academia? What journals has he published in and what has been the response? I don't need to know *shit* about his stuff to smell bullshit Smile People who shout about people not acknowledging evidence and allege vast conspiracies against their "research", are cranks Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2014, 08:58 AM
(13-06-2014 08:47 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:41 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Numbers please (preferably something sourced). By the way, I'm not arguing for or against Atwill's research.
The experiment is happening right here now, so just keep track of that equation I gave you already. The is the freshest study of its kind in a society that is ever increasingly going downhill.

Again, this forum doesn't have a large enough sample of people to make generalizations about atheists the world over. The reason I'm asking for sourced numbers--which you obviously don't have--is because I'm not a big fan of being labeled something I'm not. I don't recall ever making the claim that Jesus was a real person or that Atwill's research was bunk. As others have stated, Jesus' historicity is not really a major concern of mine. My view is, whether he was real or imagined, there is just so much mythological embellishment that it makes the point moot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-06-2014, 09:00 AM
(13-06-2014 08:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:41 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Persuasion sounds evil! I just want people to look at the evidence honestly and then decide themselves without any peer pressure, but be prepared to back up your opinions/statements otherwise that is just arrogance.

Right. So can you think of a better way of achieving that (e.g. laying out a balanced and reasoned argument (pros and cons)) than going up to a bunch of strangers and telling them what they think?

The latter approach... I've found through trial and error... is a very good way of persuading them that they should kick you in the nuts.

Thumbsup
My website is the document that does that already, laying out the core of Atwill's thesis - the parallel system - though any which way you still have to ask people what they think, unfortunately. We can't make the decision for them nor hold them to ransom. In the end they have to use their brains or become deluded like Christians, but over a different aspect of the belief system. They might want to kick me in the nuts, but making people think is the healthy thing to do in this society.
13-06-2014, 09:06 AM
(13-06-2014 08:50 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 06:03 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Atheists are just as easily duped into belief systems as Christians. Atheists may not believe in God, yet they still make other ill assumptions about the Bible such as the historicity of Jesus. And when the real hardcore evidence comes along proving the origin of Christianity as a government project nobody has anything good to say about the man who made it happen - Joseph Atwill - in the same way that the expert fossil hunters had nothing good to say about the man who made Jurassic Park.

If you cannot see what's happening here, for example, then you are just as foolish as Christians:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/pics/model.jpg

It's absolute kids' stuff!

“and in 70 AD, Roman armies under General Titus smashed Jerusalem and destroyed the great Jewish temple which was the heart of Jewish worship…in fulfillment of Christ’s prophecy in Matthew 24:2.http://www.redicecreations.com/specialre...islam.html
Then there are those of us who don't give a rats ass about the historicity of Jesus. Sure it's an interesting topic but its pretty irrelevant. I wouldn't say that atheists or Christians are easily duped. I'd say people in general are.
That is if you are not a perpetual sceptic.
Opinion about God, but no opinion about Jesus? I know my opinion about that person.

I agree re: the next point, but of the general population Atheists believe they are less easily duped than Christians. This topic proves they are just as bad as Christians when it comes to logic, rationality and scientific/mathematical evidence (assuming a lot of the contributors here are Atheists and not Christians).
13-06-2014, 09:10 AM
(13-06-2014 08:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  But anyway OP, I don't have any need to care about Atwill now. If he *is* out of the top drawer and he fights the good fight with academic consensus then in 40 years time or so his theories will gain acceptance and that'll be bully for him Smile I don't need to go rushing after every crank who comes up with a pet theory, I can just wait for academia to filter them out Drinking Beverage

Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2014, 09:11 AM
(13-06-2014 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:34 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  I've verified each of Atwill's sources here and create a website, whereas most people in this topic haven't read the book with failure even to click on the link or acknowledge any of the evidence:

Which suggests to me that you're a shill for the boy if not the boy himself. So fucking what? Answersingenesis has a website to. The church of scientology has a website.

Why if Atwill is an academic does he need websites promoting his view to lay people? What about academia? What journals has he published in and what has been the response? I don't need to know *shit* about his stuff to smell bullshit Smile People who shout about people not acknowledging evidence and allege vast conspiracies against their "research", are cranks Drinking Beverage
Atwill's needs do not matter here. What matters is the truth about the origins of Christianity as psychological warfare and as a sick joke that ultimately enslaved Europe for 1,000 years+.

I already explained the situation to you re: academia.
13-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Oh come on!

Are those your credentials or not?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]