Atheists are no better than Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Atheists are no better than Christians
(13-06-2014 08:58 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:47 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  The experiment is happening right here now, so just keep track of that equation I gave you already. The is the freshest study of its kind in a society that is ever increasingly going downhill.

Again, this forum doesn't have a large enough sample of people to make generalizations about atheists the world over. The reason I'm asking for sourced numbers--which you obviously don't have--is because I'm not a big fan of being labeled something I'm not. I don't recall ever making the claim that Jesus was a real person or that Atwill's research was bunk. As others have stated, Jesus' historicity is not really a major concern of mine. My view is, whether he was real or imagined, there is just so much mythological embellishment that it makes the point moot.
You are in the minority of Atheists, but you just don't know it, that's all. Find me 10 other Atheist forums where I can post this and I guarantee my equation will not fluctuate +/- 10%
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2014, 09:14 AM
(13-06-2014 09:11 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  I already explained the situation to you re: academia.

What, that Atwill magically gets a pass from academic criticism? Not buying it. Anyway I haven't seen any explanation other than your claim that academia is 'corrupt', whatever the fuck that means. If you have any other stuff you'd care to add then please do feel free.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2014, 09:20 AM
(13-06-2014 08:30 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He just needs to confirm or deny his credentials.
you don't need any credentials for this except common sense:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/pics/model.jpg

Fallacy: Appeal to "Common Sense" STFU.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-06-2014, 09:24 AM
(13-06-2014 08:47 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:41 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Numbers please (preferably something sourced). By the way, I'm not arguing for or against Atwill's research.
The experiment is happening right here now, so just keep track of that equation I gave you already. The is the freshest study of its kind in a society that is ever increasingly going downhill.

You wouldn't know an experiment if it bent you over and buggered you with a sawfish.

(13-06-2014 09:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:11 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  I already explained the situation to you re: academia.

What, that Atwill magically gets a pass from academic criticism? Not buying it. Anyway I haven't seen any explanation other than your claim that academia is 'corrupt', whatever the fuck that means. If you have any other stuff you'd care to add then please do feel free.
Atwill's evidence interpreted via common sense only goes to show that most biblical scholars are deceptive and really don't know shit. They may be knowledgeable and have a good memory, but that says nothing about their ability/intelligence to process information and provide truth. Most start out with the false assumption that Jesus was a real person and Christianity came about during the time of Pilate, so they end up misled down the garden path for their entire careers. And you want people with academic qualification integrated into this crazy society to guide us here?? What's stopping people from using their own brains instead of feeding the ego of others who happen to have gained power through fulfilment of social roles?
(13-06-2014 09:00 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  ...
though any which way you still have to ask people what they think, unfortunately. We can't make the decision for them nor hold them to ransom. In the end they have to use their brains or become deluded like Christians, but over a different aspect of the belief system. They might want to kick me in the nuts, but making people think is the healthy thing to do in this society.

Thanks. I'll take that as an apology.

Key word = ask.

Not tell.

Now go and sit in the corner of the class and think about what you've learned today.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
13-06-2014, 09:25 AM
(13-06-2014 09:14 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:58 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Again, this forum doesn't have a large enough sample of people to make generalizations about atheists the world over. The reason I'm asking for sourced numbers--which you obviously don't have--is because I'm not a big fan of being labeled something I'm not. I don't recall ever making the claim that Jesus was a real person or that Atwill's research was bunk. As others have stated, Jesus' historicity is not really a major concern of mine. My view is, whether he was real or imagined, there is just so much mythological embellishment that it makes the point moot.
You are in the minority of Atheists, but you just don't know it, that's all. Find me 10 other Atheist forums where I can post this and I guarantee my equation will not fluctuate +/- 10%

So you admit that I and others like myself don't fall into your sweeping generalization made at the beginning of the thread? How would 10 other sites be representative of all atheists all over the globe? You do realize that we come in different shapes, sizes, colors, languages, and cultural backgrounds, right? I highly doubt a majority of the world's atheists are active on niche forums like this one. I'm beginning to doubt your objectivity, which reflects negatively on your website. How do we know that you didn't make sweeping overgeneralizations there?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-06-2014, 09:30 AM
(13-06-2014 09:06 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  I agree re: the next point, but of the general population Atheists believe they are less easily duped than Christians. This topic proves they are just as bad as Christians when it comes to logic, rationality and scientific/mathematical evidence (assuming a lot of the contributors here are Atheists and not Christians).

...Because some fucking idiot trolling the interwebz from his Mommy's basement says so? Sounds legit. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-06-2014, 09:31 AM
(13-06-2014 09:20 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:30 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  you don't need any credentials for this except common sense:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/pics/model.jpg

Fallacy: Appeal to "Common Sense" STFU.
How do you know how to cross the road safely and consistently then? If your Dad slaps you round your left cheek and your Mum immediately slaps you round your right cheek, are you going to say "I'm not sure what just happened to me - I was taught common sense is a fallacy - so I have to ask an authority figure (my parents perhaps) to explain it to me"?
13-06-2014, 09:35 AM
(13-06-2014 09:24 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Atwill's evidence interpreted via common sense only goes to show that most biblical scholars are deceptive and really don't know shit. They may be knowledgeable and have a good memory, but that says nothing about their ability/intelligence to process information and provide truth. Most start out with the false assumption that Jesus was a real person and Christianity came about during the time of Pilate, so they end up misled down the garden path for their entire careers. And you want people with academic qualification integrated into this crazy society to guide us here?? What's stopping people from using their own brains instead of feeding the ego of others who happen to have gained power through fulfilment of social roles?

Hmm. Let's see, you with your total lack of qualifications are happy to condemn an entire academic establishment and I must now read a website to find out the Truth, which will be obvious because of common sense.

Yeah, you know what, good luck selling your bullshit mate Thumbsup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post