Atheists are no better than Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Atheists are no better than Christians
(13-06-2014 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:14 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  You are in the minority of Atheists, but you just don't know it, that's all. Find me 10 other Atheist forums where I can post this and I guarantee my equation will not fluctuate +/- 10%

So you admit that I and others like myself don't fall into your sweeping generalization made at the beginning of the thread? How would 10 other sites be representative of all atheists all over the globe? You do realize that we come in different shapes, sizes, colors, languages, and cultural backgrounds, right? I highly doubt a majority of the world's atheists are active on niche forums like this one. I'm beginning to doubt your objectivity, which reflects negatively on your website. How do we know that you didn't make sweeping overgeneralizations there?
Sure, a generalization means the majority, so you don't fall into that. And it's important you're aware of that when bonding with other Atheists. At the end of the day you are an individual. 10 more websites would be a way of expanding the scope, but ultimately that equation never changes. Again, everything in the universe is a microcosm, but I can't explain that you in detail. If you study history you will the same patterns repeating themselves across the globe. If you've worked in 10 offices you should be able to spot similar trends. You won't find that, say, Offices 1-5 drink tea out of a mug/cup and Offices 6-10 drink tea out of a glass. If I visit your hometown I know I'm going to find a McDonalds and Starbucks Coffee shop. Likewise, Atheists here are just like other Atheists elsewhere (in general).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2014, 09:52 AM
(13-06-2014 09:41 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks. I'll take that as an apology.

Key word = ask.

Not tell.

Now go and sit in the corner of the class and think about what you've learned today.
If I ask they just ignore the evidence and the topic dies. If I tell them they've probably got more chance of looking at the evidence, but they still get upset through having to think. At the end of the day you can't win, which only goes to show that Atheists are just as bad as Christians.

[Image: The-Fox-The-Grapes.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-06-2014, 09:55 AM
(13-06-2014 09:47 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:41 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  If I ask they just ignore the evidence and the topic dies.

Perhaps we are Just. Not. Interested.
There's probably a lot of truth in that statement. Most people face difficulties finding hobbies/interests, so they end up choosing any random subject/movement that can feed their ego instead; A lot of people here are doubtless interested in religion/atheism. They just like to be part of a group of people.
13-06-2014, 09:56 AM
(13-06-2014 09:48 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:31 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  How do you know how to cross the road safely and consistently then? If your Dad slaps you round your left cheek and your Mum immediately slaps you round your right cheek, are you going to say "I'm not sure what just happened to me - I was taught common sense is a fallacy - so I have to ask an authority figure (my parents perhaps) to explain it to me"?

^^^ Demonstrating conclusively that you know fuck-all about research, science, logic, reasoning, critical thinking, how to wipe your own ass, etc., etc., etc.

Drinking Beverage
This ain't rocket science:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm
13-06-2014, 09:57 AM
(13-06-2014 09:56 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  This ain't rocket science:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm

I'm glad you don't design rockets Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2014, 09:57 AM
(13-06-2014 09:55 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:47 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Perhaps we are Just. Not. Interested.
There's probably a lot of truth in that statement. Most people face difficulties finding hobbies/interests, so they end up choosing any random subject/movement that can feed their ego instead; A lot of people here are doubtless interested in religion/atheism. They just like to be part of a group of people.

No many are incredibly interested. They're just not interested with someone who spouts off stuff, offers nothing to back it up, and completely ignores all opposing evidence.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
13-06-2014, 09:58 AM
(13-06-2014 09:50 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  So you admit that I and others like myself don't fall into your sweeping generalization made at the beginning of the thread? How would 10 other sites be representative of all atheists all over the globe? You do realize that we come in different shapes, sizes, colors, languages, and cultural backgrounds, right? I highly doubt a majority of the world's atheists are active on niche forums like this one. I'm beginning to doubt your objectivity, which reflects negatively on your website. How do we know that you didn't make sweeping overgeneralizations there?
Sure, a generalization means the majority, so you don't fall into that. And it's important you're aware of that when bonding with other Atheists. At the end of the day you are an individual. 10 more websites would be a way of expanding the scope, but ultimately that equation never changes. Again, everything in the universe is a microcosm, but I can't explain that you in detail. If you study history you will the same patterns repeating themselves across the globe. If you've worked in 10 offices you should be able to spot similar trends. You won't find that, say, Offices 1-5 drink tea out of a mug/cup and Offices 6-10 drink tea out of a glass. If I visit your hometown I know I'm going to find a McDonalds and Starbucks Coffee shop. Likewise, Atheists here are just like other Atheists elsewhere (in general).

Except that's wrong you fool.

What you say about fast food places and the accursed starbucks are true. But the same rules do not apply to atheism. I'll give you an example to help you along.

I am a generally nice person that wants to see people getting along.

Johnny whatshisface is a sadistic monster of a person that wants to see the world burn because he's twisted like that.

we are both atheists. Are we alike? FUCK NO. Atheism doesn't come with a culture or community. Sure we've made one but that's because the people you see here are not idiots. There have certainly been some idiot atheists here and their view varied immensely yet they were still atheists.

Saying that atheists are alike simply because they're atheists is like saying that turning the lights on is a colour.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
13-06-2014, 09:59 AM
(13-06-2014 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  So you admit that I and others like myself don't fall into your sweeping generalization made at the beginning of the thread? How would 10 other sites be representative of all atheists all over the globe? You do realize that we come in different shapes, sizes, colors, languages, and cultural backgrounds, right? I highly doubt a majority of the world's atheists are active on niche forums like this one. I'm beginning to doubt your objectivity, which reflects negatively on your website. How do we know that you didn't make sweeping overgeneralizations there?

So white, English-speaking atheists are a microcosm for the rest of the world's atheists? I find that hard to accept.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-06-2014, 10:00 AM
If I visit your hometown I know I'm going to find a McDonalds and Starbucks Coffee shop.

No, you won't. Fail.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
13-06-2014, 10:04 AM
(13-06-2014 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 09:55 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  There's probably a lot of truth in that statement. Most people face difficulties finding hobbies/interests, so they end up choosing any random subject/movement that can feed their ego instead; A lot of people here are doubtless interested in religion/atheism. They just like to be part of a group of people.

No many are incredibly interested. They're just not interested with someone who spouts off stuff, offers nothing to back it up, and completely ignores all opposing evidence.
But nobody here has even looked at the evidence, so how can they come up with any opposing evidence? (defeats the object)
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com
Everything is here is backed up by evidence leading to proof. This has nothing to do with me... it's to do with Atheists and Christians both being fools despite seeing themselves as two opposing groups.