Atheists are no better than Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Atheists are no better than Christians
(13-06-2014 07:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 06:23 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  ...
I would bet $100 that you've never even looked at "the Holy House and the signs that preceded it's destruction", so nothing to repeat.

I have read and seen enough to have formed an opinion. I have expressed this opinion on other threads on this same topic and I have no desire to repeat myself.
Unless you have looked at his main evidence in the form of 50+ sequential parallels any opinion you form has no basis to Atwill's claims. You just don't want to repeat your strawman attacks and would rather ignore the evidence and write the whole thing off. That is just a cop out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Are you an expert, OP? Present *your* credentials. I don't see why I should listen to you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-06-2014, 07:52 AM
(13-06-2014 07:42 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 07:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  Until Atwill gains acceptance for his theories from academia there's nothing to discuss. Actual scientific historical analysis etc isn't a popularity contest and convincing non-experts means diddly squat, other than increased book sales for random dickheads. I decline to support random dickheads. And telling me that I'm an idiot is a strange way to promote your bullshit, just by the way. Run along now Drinking Beverage
How many "experts" assume Jesus existed? Aren't they then just random dickheads like the rest? How many times do "experts" get things wrong to show they are nothing more than perceived authority figures fulfilling social roles? Unfortunately, we are all victims in this monetary economy, so refusing to trust Atwill based on profit is irrelevant. You're only an idiot if you make assumptions about things without looking at the evidence. BTW, here's a quote from Atwill addressing your concerns:

"From: Joseph Atwill: [my critics complain I] have not been "peer reviewed". While non-PhD’s are not normally permitted access to this system, I submitted my work for review to Dr. Harold Ellens, the Chair of the Society for Biblical Literature in 2008. He wrote a critique, part of which I use in my book cover

“Atwill tells a story never before attempted,
sounds a trumpet never previously heard,
and explores a world of potential truth until now
thoroughly obscured from our view.”
—J. Harold Ellens, PhD

Research Scholar, Department of Near Eastern Studies, University of Michigan"

A professor here who took on Atwill and his theory only to expose himself as an idiot who believes in Moses-Jesus typologies, but cannot see the more obvious Jesus-Titus typologies:
http://www.infidelguy.com/index.php/comp.../component

This professor also agrees with Atwill and is featured in the documentary:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/humanities/abo...Blackhirst

I googled your boy Ellens. He seems legit. So yay. Atwill's got one guy on his side. Also note that exploring a 'world of potential truth'... I mean... *Fiction* as in fucking *novels* explore a world of potential truth. Tell me again why I should buy his book and not someone else's?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2014 08:00 AM by DLJ.)
(13-06-2014 07:45 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 07:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have read and seen enough to have formed an opinion. I have expressed this opinion on other threads on this same topic and I have no desire to repeat myself.
Unless you have looked at his main evidence in the form of 50+ sequential parallels any opinion you form has no basis to Atwill's claims. You just don't want to repeat your strawman attacks and would rather ignore the evidence and write the whole thing off. That is just a cop out.

What straw-man attacks?

So not only do you go with an OP that tells atheists what atheists think (which is pretty much the best way around here to make your rep turn red) but now you are making assumptions about my position.

How do you know that I'm not in agreement with Atwill?

I don't think you are really interested in your invented 'generic atheist's' opinion ... just interested in expressing your own.

Fortunately for Atwill, his marketing team is much more professional and accomplished at the persuasion-game than are you.

Your approach seems to have been designed to turn everyone off to Atwill's ideas.

Perhaps you are working under cover for the pope?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
13-06-2014, 07:57 AM
(13-06-2014 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  Are you an expert, OP? Present *your* credentials. I don't see why I should listen to you.
You are not a slave to "experts" nor authority figures educated under a corrupt system that refuses to teach kids logic and problem solving, so why not look at the evidence instead of looking out for the next potential celebrity? Atwill doesn't want fans, he wants you to take the lead and become independent in your thinking and contribute to a more alert citizenry:
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/signs.htm
http://www.caesarsmessiahproven.com/pics/model.htm
(13-06-2014 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  Are you an expert, OP? Present *your* credentials. I don't see why I should listen to you.

University of Bristol
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Classics and Classical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
1994 – 1997

I think anyway. I could be wrong. Google has failed me before.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
(13-06-2014 07:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 07:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have read and seen enough to have formed an opinion. I have expressed this opinion on other threads on this same topic and I have no desire to repeat myself.

Could you state that in cuneiform?

Yes, Drinking Beverage but not on this keyboard.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-06-2014, 08:03 AM
(13-06-2014 06:03 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Atheists are just as easily duped into belief systems as Christians. Atheists may not believe in God, yet they still make other ill assumptions about the Bible such as the historicity of Jesus. ...

Nice overgeneralization. Numbers please.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2014, 08:03 AM
(13-06-2014 07:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

University of Bristol
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Classics and Classical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
1994 – 1997

I think anyway. I could be wrong. Google has failed me before.

... Er? You know who OP is Huh 'Cos OP declined to answer my question, instead blathering on about how I'm a slave to experts educated under a corrupt system or some such drivel Rolleyes

13-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I have heard an interesting thing. Right-wingers are for smaller government, but they say that submission to God is necessary to keep the society together. Lefties are in general less believers in God, but there must be the big state that everyone obeys and that re-distributes money to healthcare, welfare and so on. So it seems to me each side has their god, one is supernatural, one isn't. Well, maybe the supernatural one would be cheaper, if it wasn't so enmeshed with the other one.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post