Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion
(22-03-2015 11:52 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  This is the thread where I will argue that Atheism is a religion and atheists are religious.

I will lay down why I think this later tonight. But for now, here is the thread.

Sigh....THIS fucking argument again?! I am just gonna cut in the middle here and throw this out, even though I know it has already been done before so I don't have to read all these pages to get caught up.

Seriously kid.

Quote:re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

a particular system of faith and worship.

a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"

1. Atheists do not believe in any god and nothing you say will ever prove it takes faith to NOT believe in something. To argue this means your fucking retarded.

2. Atheists do not worship anything. Nor do we have faith. Faith is a detriment to human species and the rest of the lives of the other living creatures on our planet.

3. In a abstract way, the third part could pertain to those who view science as a supreme importance, but it is just not that black and white to cut it that way.

There. You no longer have an argument.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
23-03-2015, 05:32 PM
(23-03-2015 03:45 AM)soul Wrote:  So far not one of you can make a response without an insult. Thats very telling how weak you really are.

Please highlight the post, from this thread, in which I insulted the OP!

23-03-2015, 06:22 PM
The tedium. It burns.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Obvious baiting.
23-03-2015, 06:48 PM
(23-03-2015 06:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  Obvious baiting.

What's his baiting average? He keeps striking out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-03-2015, 07:44 PM
(23-03-2015 06:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 06:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  Obvious baiting.

What's his baiting average? He keeps striking out.

He need to realize he belongs in the farm system. He'll never make the majors.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2015, 10:08 PM
(23-03-2015 01:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  If I were a betting woman, I'd place fifty on EK being next on the ignore list. Drinking Beverage

(23-03-2015 01:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm only surprised I didn't get there sooner. Laugh out load

Wish granted. I shall miss looking at the head banging clowns.

(23-03-2015 02:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well Larry, I have to hand it to you, after being forced into a corner you did *finally* man up and answer the question of why you think atheism is a religion...

Yes. I told you that I would after Sunday morning. I said this well in advance last week. I can only commit myself to one thread at a time, and I post at a slower pace than I think you like.

I find it strange how the atheists of the Thinking Atheist Forum take offense at this suggestion. The emotional reaction it has caused is really something special. Aside from all of the emotional ridicule that is already here, that is. This thread already has ten pages since I began it yesterday morning, and I've only posted three times if I include this one.

Still. As I've said before, I'm not going to lay down all of what I have to say about it in one slam. The groundwork is being laid.

Of this topic, you said "I don't need to fucken explore it." And later you said: "Forget answering questions, I'm done with you. Have a happy, self-satisfied, fatuous life."
So, I don't think there's anything else I have to say to you in this thread.

(23-03-2015 04:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Some atheists believe that there is no god. Those are called gnostic atheists. Gnostic atheists believe that there are no gods therefore, logically, they cannot worship any gods.
Most atheists are agnostic atheist. Agnostic atheists have no belief in whether gods exist or whether there are no gods. Agnostic atheists would claim that there is insufficient information available to assess whether gods exist or not. Therefore agnostic atheists cannot worship any gods. Agnostic atheists would put the "burden of proof" onto the people proposing that gods exist, to support their claim before an assessment can be considered as to whether gods exist.

Steve, you've said a lot, and I can only focus on one thing right now.

So taking a look at what you say here, I'm left with some terminology.

atheist - an overarching tern that encompasses at least two kinds of atheist
gnostic atheist - believe that there are no gods
agnostic atheist - no belief in whether gods exist or whether there are no gods

What is the difference between an agnostic atheist and a plain agnostic?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
23-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Quote:The emotional reaction it has caused is really something special.

Yep, reaction baiting all the way. Drinking Beverage
23-03-2015, 10:22 PM
(23-03-2015 10:08 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 01:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  If I were a betting woman, I'd place fifty on EK being next on the ignore list. Drinking Beverage

(23-03-2015 01:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm only surprised I didn't get there sooner. Laugh out load

Wish granted. I shall miss looking at the head banging clowns.

(23-03-2015 02:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well Larry, I have to hand it to you, after being forced into a corner you did *finally* man up and answer the question of why you think atheism is a religion...

Yes. I told you that I would after Sunday morning. I said this well in advance last week. I can only commit myself to one thread at a time, and I post at a slower pace than I think you like.

I find it strange how the atheists of the Thinking Atheist Forum take offense at this suggestion. The emotional reaction it has caused is really something special. Aside from all of the emotional ridicule that is already here, that is. This thread already has ten pages since I began it yesterday morning, and I've only posted three times if I include this one.

Still. As I've said before, I'm not going to lay down all of what I have to say about it in one slam. The groundwork is being laid.

Of this topic, you said "I don't need to fucken explore it." And later you said: "Forget answering questions, I'm done with you. Have a happy, self-satisfied, fatuous life."
So, I don't think there's anything else I have to say to you in this thread.

(23-03-2015 04:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Some atheists believe that there is no god. Those are called gnostic atheists. Gnostic atheists believe that there are no gods therefore, logically, they cannot worship any gods.
Most atheists are agnostic atheist. Agnostic atheists have no belief in whether gods exist or whether there are no gods. Agnostic atheists would claim that there is insufficient information available to assess whether gods exist or not. Therefore agnostic atheists cannot worship any gods. Agnostic atheists would put the "burden of proof" onto the people proposing that gods exist, to support their claim before an assessment can be considered as to whether gods exist.

Steve, you've said a lot, and I can only focus on one thing right now.

So taking a look at what you say here, I'm left with some terminology.

atheist - an overarching tern that encompasses at least two kinds of atheist
gnostic atheist - believe that there are no gods
agnostic atheist - no belief in whether gods exist or whether there are no gods

What is the difference between an agnostic atheist and a plain agnostic?

the agnostic vs gnostic refers to the degree of certainty, while the theist vs atheist refers to the belief/unbelief in gods.

So, a gnostic theist believes with 100% certainty in the existence of gods.

An agnostic theist is not 100% certain but still believes.

An agnostic atheist is not 100% certain but does not believe in any gods.

A gnostic atheist is 100% certain that there are no gods.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
23-03-2015, 10:28 PM
What kind of cold motherfucker puts Girly on their ignore list? Weeping

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 2 users Like Russ's post