Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion
Peebothuhul is right. There is no need to continue. Starting this thread was wrong. Good night.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 12:40 AM
(25-03-2015 12:35 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Peebothuhul is right. There is no need to continue. Starting this thread was wrong. Good night.

Sadcryface

Did I make the poster go away?

Sadcryface2
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
25-03-2015, 12:43 AM
(25-03-2015 12:35 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Peebothuhul is right. There is no need to continue. Starting this thread was wrong. Good night.

What did you expect? You came to a forum filled with people who have rejected your brand of bullshit already, so what did you hope to accomplish by just regurgitating the same bullshit over and over again?

Stupid fucking cunt... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-03-2015, 12:57 AM
(24-03-2015 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm looking at the etymology of "atheist" and it appears to come from the Greek atheos, a- "without" + theos "god". Defined this way as "without god" I am clearly not an atheist since I AM God. ... bitches.

I tend to agree with that. Rather seriously, actually. If, every time you see the word "god" you replace it with the phrase "the best that is in me (us)", then it all makes sense, (and that's all it ever really meant, anyway). Humans cooked up the idea, and it has evolved to the point now, that's really what it means.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-03-2015, 01:03 AM

... You insisted on exploring this *interesting* question Dodgy The whole business was started because in your other thread you thought you could just throw out statements and evade when challenged. You are correct, starting a whole other thread was completely pointless, but par for the course where you're concerned.

So you made this grand thread to explain to us why we are a religion, *utterly failed* - your attempted justification was ludicrous - and now what... are you gonna continue to make that statement? Why yes I do believe you are, because despite having literally every single point in you tried to make support of your ridiculous statement ripped to shreds, you yourself still believe/want it to be true, am I right?

The fact that you have to stretch the dictionary definition to breaking point doesn't bother you.
The fact that we've multiple times explained to you that we don't have dogma, priests, organised belief systems or any of that faldoral... doesn't change your mind.

You've decided, and that's the way it is. You *know* in your own mind that atheism is a religion, it's just that you can't *justify* it to anyone else. You are not presenting the reasons that you believe that to be the case here in this thread, you are *pretending* they are the reasons, but actually you are making post-facto justifications for a belief position which you already hold. Much like with your religion as a whole.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
25-03-2015, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 01:21 AM by LaramieHirsch.)
(25-03-2015 01:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  

... You insisted on exploring this *interesting* question Dodgy The whole business was started because in your other thread you thought you could just throw out statements and evade when challenged.

It was an interesting topic.

I evaded nothing. I couldn't focus on this last week. I was wrapping up a previous thread. I had hoped I could start taking a close look at the question this week. I was wrong. You have won.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
25-03-2015, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 01:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Quote:But, of course, that pressure is nothing like the Catholic Church--which makes Mass attendance a requirement. If you do not attend Mass on Sunday, you have mortally sinned.

That's actually not true. At all. It's just another example of the drive-by amateur Cafeteria Catholics who like (read *need*) to be judgmental, as it makes them feel all self-righteous, 'an shit. According to the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church, there are 3 requirements for "mortal sin". 1. Grave matter, 2. Full knowledge. 3. Complete consent. If, in the formation of an individual conscience, that person's conscience genuinely does not agree that missing Mass once in a while represents a breach in their relationship with their god, and that their god is not so puny as to require that, then the three requirements are not met, AND in Moral Theology, Catholic theologians teach that ONLY their (and NEVER ANY HUMAN, including fucking Laramie Pretentious Puts-You-On Ignore-If-You-Are-A-Threat-To-His-Ignorant-Self Hirsch) god can judge and know an individual's conscience, and whether "complete consent" is given. For example, if a Catholic were to get totally intoxicated on a Saturday evening and wake up totally hung over, and in that state make the decision to sleep instead of going to Hirsch's re-do of the sacrifice he hopes will "take" finally, (even though it was supposedly effected "once for all" on Calvary .. ie Mass), then complete consent is NOT given and Mortal Sin is not present. Since Hirsch is a total amateur, and never took any class on the subject he pretends to spout off about, it's just as well he break off his thread, and he hasn't the slightest fucking clue what he's on about. Better to take Moral Theology from a god damn atheist. At least I know what his damn fucking church actually teaches, (as idiotic as that is). Smartass ... Cool ... Facepalm ... Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-03-2015, 01:27 AM
(25-03-2015 01:09 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I evaded nothing. I couldn't focus on this last week. I was wrapping up a previous thread. I had hoped I could start taking a close look at the question this week. I was wrong. You have won.

Whatever it takes to save face huh?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-03-2015, 01:46 AM
(25-03-2015 01:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:09 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I evaded nothing. I couldn't focus on this last week. I was wrapping up a previous thread. I had hoped I could start taking a close look at the question this week. I was wrong. You have won.

Whatever it takes to save face huh?

I don't know what to say here any longer. The constant ridicule has taken its toll. TTA has won. I've lost interest at this point. I was wrong to start this thread. The space is yours.

-

-
25-03-2015, 01:51 AM
(25-03-2015 01:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  Whatever it takes to save face huh?

I don't know what to say here any longer. The constant ridicule has taken its toll. TTA has won. I've lost interest at this point. I was wrong to start this thread. The space is yours.

And now you cry persecution. Just for your information i asked (and answered) a question in a civil way. You may not have seen it. Instead you choose to focus on the ridicule, much of it justified anyway. You have proven without a doubt that you are incapable of learning anything here. So it's just as well that you go.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like ivaneus's post