Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion
(24-03-2015 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm looking at the etymology of "atheist" and it appears to come from the Greek atheos, a- "without" + theos "god". Defined this way as "without god" I am clearly not an atheist since I AM God. ... bitches.

[Image: tumblr_l7eoemxxoa1qcq9jgo1_400_large.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-03-2015, 07:36 AM
(25-03-2015 01:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  Whatever it takes to save face huh?

I don't know what to say here any longer. The constant ridicule has taken its toll. TTA has won. I've lost interest at this point. I was wrong to start this thread. The space is yours.

Oh, you poor hypocritical, immature, dishonest, delusional, cry baby. Boo hoo.

Your ideas are being ridiculed because they are ridiculous, and you are being ridiculed for being utterly foolish.
You make pronouncements about subjects that display your ignorance and then defend those positions without ever once trying to learn any new fact about them.

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
25-03-2015, 08:04 AM
(25-03-2015 07:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:46 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I don't know what to say here any longer. The constant ridicule has taken its toll. TTA has won. I've lost interest at this point. I was wrong to start this thread. The space is yours.

Oh, you poor hypocritical, immature, dishonest, delusional, cry baby. Boo hoo.

Your ideas are being ridiculed because they are ridiculous, and you are being ridiculed for being utterly foolish.
You make pronouncements about subjects that display your ignorance and then defend those positions without ever once trying to learn any new fact about them.

In other words, he's the poster child for the Dunning-Kruger effect. His level of expressed confidence in a subject is directly proportional to his level of ignorance in said subject.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision."
-Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-03-2015, 08:09 AM
(22-03-2015 11:52 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  This is the thread where I will argue that Atheism is a religion and atheists are religious.

I will lay down why I think this later tonight. But for now, here is the thread.

I think you're starting at the wrong place. Think about why you want to advance this argument. Think about what it achieves in advancing your overall argument that catholicism is true. Now, spend some time observing the offence that your argument triggers in the people you are trying to reach.

Why are you advancing this non-argument? Why can't you let this go?

If the answer to that question is that you really want to understand the atheist position then you are going about it all wrong. Instead of telling, try asking. Instead of arguing, try listening.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 8 users Like Hafnof's post
25-03-2015, 08:13 AM
(25-03-2015 08:09 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 11:52 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  This is the thread where I will argue that Atheism is a religion and atheists are religious.

I will lay down why I think this later tonight. But for now, here is the thread.

I think you're starting at the wrong place. Think about why you want to advance this argument. Think about what it achieves in advancing your overall argument that catholicism is true. Now, spend some time observing the offence that your argument triggers in the people you are trying to reach.

Why are you advancing this non-argument? Why can't you let this go?

If the answer to that question is that you really want to understand the atheist position then you are going about it all wrong. Instead of telling, try asking. Instead of arguing, try listening.

But then he wouldn't be able to play victim - where's the fun in that? Consider

25-03-2015, 10:30 AM
(24-03-2015 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 04:18 PM)unfogged Wrote:  perhaps

I can't believe HoC didn't also call him a poopyhead. Tongue

That's only for people I like. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-03-2015, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 05:48 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(25-03-2015 02:33 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  But nothing like the constant barrage of filth that a lot of TTA members pour out onto most theists who come here.
We don't treat people like crap cause they are theists, as my own first two posts in you "reaching out" thread prove rather definitively. We attack people who lie. We attack people who forgo rationality so they can confirm their own bias. We attack people who argue dishonestly from strawmen, and we really attack people who continue to do it after it's been pointed out. We attack people who present as fact that which is not a fact, and we especially attack people who refuse to demonstrate it as a fact or argue that they don't need to. We attack people who dishonestly try to shift goalposts or the burden of proof.
Basically we dislike and attack lying dishonest shitbirds. The fact that the majority of lying shitbirds are theists tells us more about your kind then our kind. Any theist I have ever attacked I could go back and show you clearly why I did, and it's never once been because they were a theist. It was not because you were a theist. It was because you were a lying, dishonestly arguing, uneducated, fallacious, asshole who refused to accept his responsibilities in the argument and patently refused to learn or change his argument when they were definitively shown to be wrong, choosing instead to regurgitate the same argument unmodified.

(25-03-2015 02:33 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I've been quite honest.
You have been everything but honest and everyone here, including yourself, knows it. There is nothing honest about making claims and abjectly refusing to prove them or claiming you don't even have to. There is nothing honest about being intentionally aggravating and trying to provoke people (and yes you fucking were) then crying big crocodile tears when people respond negatively to your bullshit. There is nothing honest at all about starting a thread on a subject, being wrong, being shown that you are wrong, and abjectly refusing to offer counter arguments.

You have proposed an argument for atheism being a religion, people have pointed out dozens and dozens of flaws in your argument and you have elected to talk about exactly ZERO flaws in your argument. Being unable to defend your dumb cunt nonsense you are trying to play the "boohoo poor me card" which is such a goddamn Christian thing to do when your crap is refuted or even challenged I consider it a goddamn trope for you people.
As it stands your claim that Atheism is a religion is soundly demolished, it's every flaw being displayed as the nonsense it is, and every little bit of whining about having your feels hurt man, distracts from that FACT not in the least.
You were wrong, you have been demonstrated to be wrong, and you have been shown to be dishonest and cowardly in your refuse to recognize it is wrong. You can fuck off now, and if you ever come back it best be with a changed attitude towards your burden of proof and some motherfucking evidence.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 13 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-03-2015, 11:21 AM
(25-03-2015 11:12 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 02:33 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  But nothing like the constant barrage of filth that a lot of TTA members pour out onto most theists who come here.
We don't treats people like crap cause they are theists, as my own first two posts in you "reaching out" thread prove rather definitively. We attack people who lie. We attack people who forgo rationality so they can confirm their own bias. We attack people who argue dishonestly from strawmen, and we rally attack people who continue to do it after it's been pointed out. We attack people who present as fact that which is not a fact, and we especially attack people who refuse to demonstrate it a fact or argue that they don't need to. We attack people who dishonestly try to shift goalposts or the burden of proof.
Basically we dislike and attack lying dishonest shitbirds. The fact that the majority of lying shitbirds are theists tells us more about your kind then our kind. Any theist I have ever attacked I could go back and show you clearly why I did, and it's never once been because they were a theist. It was not because you were a theist. it was because you were a lying, dishonestly arguing, uneducated, fallacious, asshole who refused to accept his responsibilities in the argument and patently refused to learn or change his argument when they were definitively shown to be wrong, choosing instead to regurgitate the same argument unmodified.

(25-03-2015 02:33 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I've been quite honest.
You have been everything but honest and everyone here, including yourself, knows it. There is nothing honest about making claims and abjectly refusing to prove them or claiming you don't even have to. There is nothing honest about being intentionally aggravating and trying to provoke people (and yes you fucking were) then crying big crocodile tears when people respond negatively to your bullshit. There is nothing honest at all about starting a thread on a subject, being wrong, being shown that you are wrong, and abjectly refusing to offer counter arguments.

You have proposed an argument for atheism being a religion, people have pointed out dozens and dozens of flaws in your argument and you have elected to talk about exactly ZERO flaws in your argument. Being unable to defend your dumb cunt nonsense you are trying to play the "boohoo poor me card" which is such a goddamn Christian thing to do when your crap is refuted or even challenged I consider it a goddamn trope for you people.
As it stands your claim that Atheism is a religion is soundly demolished, it's every flaw being displayed as the nonsense it is, and every little bit of whining about having your feels hurt man, distracts from that FACT not int he least.
You were wrong, you have been demonstrated to be wrong, and you have been shown to be dishonest and cowardly in your refuse to recognize it is wrong. You can fuck off now, and if you ever come back it best be with a changed attitude towards your burden of proof and some motherfucking evidence.

[Image: shit_just_got_real_by_dbzsgtjustin-d4ge0j2.jpg]

Bravo! Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-03-2015, 03:43 PM
(25-03-2015 12:35 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Peebothuhul is right. There is no need to continue. Starting this thread was wrong. Good night.

Au contraire mon cheri, the entertainment value alone was worth it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-03-2015, 03:49 PM
(25-03-2015 02:02 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  At the most, you folks got me, and I'm out of here. At the least, I'm taking a break. Think what you will and "Do what thou wilt."

I will pray for you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post