Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion
(14-05-2015 01:49 PM)Logic Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The absurdity of any individual god, and the questions of the origins of Relaity are not related, (except for really really uneducated people ... not unlike yourself). If you *need* an answer as you have low ambiguity tolerance and a high need for cognitive closure go see a shrink, not a priest. Atheism is a lack of belief in a god. Nothing else. There are all sorts of theories for what we observe. "God did it" is an answer to nothing. It's called a "god of the gaps" argument. When you get all big, and mommy lets you out to go to school, you're learn about Logic, and big people stuff. Now run along and play.

You coward, don't try to not answer the question. This question is the core of all faiths so please define your faith. Where do you believe matter originated?

Often the only intellectually honest answer to a question is "We don't know, but we're working on it."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-05-2015, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 02:00 PM by Leo.)
(14-05-2015 01:48 PM)Logic Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  Logic...
This reply confuses me. Are you asking these questions of atheists?
If so, you should understand what atheism is first.

Just because you call yourself an atheist doesn't mean you get a free pass on your personal belief as to the origins of matter. Ask a 100 atheists to answer this question and see how many different responses you get. Most will be too afraid to even provide an answer. This means they don't understand their own personal beliefs as to the origin of matter. They are too afraid to provide their answer. They are cowards. Stop attacking other beliefs and define your own beliefs.

Atheists don't have beliefs about the origin of matter. Scientists are working on that. The honest answer is : we don't really know. Theists don't know but they claim to know without evidence based in the Bronze Age silly books like the bible and Koran etc.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
14-05-2015, 01:57 PM
(14-05-2015 01:53 PM)Logic Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Atheism has nothing to do with the origin of matter. Atheism is simply a dis belief in God. For someone with a username such as logic you sure as hell don't have any. Try actually learning instead of talking out of your ass.

So, as an self proclaimed atheist, what do you believe is the origin of matter in the universe? Why is your faith superior to anyone else? Why are all atheists so afraid to answer this question? Have you ever even thought about it? What do you believe?

I don't have faith as compared to religious faith so it can't be superior to anyone else's. I don't know the answer because I'm not a physicist and there is no definitive answer. I just know based on available evidence that it wasn't created by a creator. Why ask this question when Atheism and Origin of Matter have absolutely nothing to do with each other?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-05-2015, 01:58 PM
(14-05-2015 01:48 PM)Logic Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  Logic...
This reply confuses me. Are you asking these questions of atheists?
If so, you should understand what atheism is first.

Just because you call yourself an atheist doesn't mean you get a free pass on your personal belief as to the origins of matter. Ask a 100 atheists to answer this question and see how many different responses you get. Most will be too afraid to even provide an answer. This means they don't understand their own personal beliefs as to the origin of matter. They are too afraid to provide their answer. They are cowards. Stop attacking other beliefs and define your own beliefs.

Prove it. Tell us the names of the 100 atheists you asked. Then explain the relationship between the "gift of faith" by your Father God, ("No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him") and your presumption that your ignorant question about matter somehow is proof of a god. Take your time genius.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2015, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 06:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-05-2015 01:49 PM)Logic Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The absurdity of any individual god, and the questions of the origins of Relaity are not related, (except for really really uneducated people ... not unlike yourself). If you *need* an answer as you have low ambiguity tolerance and a high need for cognitive closure go see a shrink, not a priest. Atheism is a lack of belief in a god. Nothing else. There are all sorts of theories for what we observe. "God did it" is an answer to nothing. It's called a "god of the gaps" argument. When you get all big, and mommy lets you out to go to school, you're learn about Logic, and big people stuff. Now run along and play.

You coward, don't try to not answer the question. This question is the core of all faiths so please define your faith. Where do you believe matter originated?

Up somewhere in your ass, apparently.
Actually it's not. You just know so little about what religion actually teaches. The "core" of all faiths is not the explanation mythology. If an atheist is content to say we don't know yet, that that's what you have to accept. Not everyone has the childish mentality you have. ust because you've been indoctrinated to think in your knee-jerk "Jebus done it" way, doesn't mean everyone is THAT immature and ignorant. Grow up. There is no Easter Bunny. I know this comes as a shock to you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-05-2015, 01:59 PM
(14-05-2015 01:51 PM)Logic Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:46 PM)Leo Wrote:  You really don't understand atheism. Atheist is the lack of beliefs in gods nothing more. Your username "logic " is a big joke if you are theist. There isn't logic at all in theism Laugh out load Atheism rejects the theist claims because those are really ridiculous and without a bit of fucking evidence. Are you a theist? Theists are the one claiming the universe came from nothing. Somehow your god always existed. Yeah right.Laugh out load

Don't hide behind a word. Answer the damn question. Where do you believe matter originated? Do you believe it has an origin or do you believe it has existed forever?

I can't answer the question because I don't know. And you don't know. Who cares if matter exists since forever or not. That will not make any theist beliefs true and it's irrevelant to our ordinary lives.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
14-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Awww banned already Sad

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-05-2015, 02:03 PM
(14-05-2015 02:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Awww banned already Sad

I would say it's a great loss, but why should I lie.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Quote:Just because you call yourself an atheist doesn't mean you get a free pass on your personal belief as to the origins of matter. Ask a 100 atheists to answer this question and see how many different responses you get.

My personal belief about the origins of matter? I don't know.
The other 99 atheists may or may not have different answers, but that's not the point.
The point is, atheism is a lack of belief to one specific claim.
That is all atheists need to have in common.
If I asked 100 believers their favorite ice-cream flavor, would they all be the same?
Do their different answers void their belief in god?
14-05-2015, 02:16 PM
(14-05-2015 02:03 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 02:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Awww banned already Sad

I would say it's a great loss, but why should I lie.

Wanted to have a little bit more fun. We haven't had a good chew toy in a while. No pun intended with my username.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post