Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2015, 08:50 PM
RE: Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion
(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I'm not going to drop encyclopedic information all in one night.

Arrogant deluded idiot doesn't have "encyclopedic information" about anything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-03-2015, 09:34 PM
LaramieHirsch, your assertion of atheism as a religion is quite a stretch. Consisting mostly of personal re-interpretations of the dictionary definition. The last few points are even blatantly presumptuous assumptions on what atheists think, say and do. I can tell you right now, your assertion regarding "rules" (i.e. that atheists have none and are "lost boys") and "worship gods" (i.e. atheists are their own gods) are downright inaccurate (i.e. Wrong) and borders on intellectual dishonesty. My next question to you is are you willing to change your assertion about atheism as a religion, knowing that you were wrong on those two points?

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like ivaneus's post
22-03-2015, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2015 10:30 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
For fuck sake. So the idiot learned absolute nothing from the previous thread and is spewing the same bloody strawmen here as he was there? I wish I could be surprised...but I'm not as this is EXACTLY, nearly word for word, the arguments I knew he was gonna use. "Atheists are their own god", a continued assertion that a total lack of belief is a system of belief,

I want to correct his post but it's literally every sentence that is wrong. Every fucking sentence. I mean come on... he is intentional braking the definition into chunks that change the context and meaning of the words. "A organized system" means something totally different when you remove the "of beliefs" or "of ceremonies" that comes after. How fucking dishonest does this asshole have to be? I mean he flat out says we have no ceremonies and then tries to argue we fit a definition requiring organized ceremonies.

We, Atheists, have no organized beliefs, we have no organized rules, and we have no organized ceremonies and neither does Atheism itself....yet some how to this bumblefuck idiot Atheism fit's the definition of "an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules..". Are you sodding kidding me? That's not even getting into the other section of the definition in that we do not engage in worship or that we don't consider ourselves or ever talk about ourselves as a god or gods and that we do not even fit the goddamn definition of a god.

This, THIS, is what I wasted my time waiting for? What a fucking joke of a person.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-03-2015, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 01:00 AM by Peebothuhul.)
Hello! Big Grin

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism is organized. This forum is a testament to the atheists' organization.

Blink

What? Does this mean that NASA is also a religion? They have a web site. Or.. how about Walmart? They have a web site.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  But there are also even atheist churches. I've linked to them in past threads. Here's another example of an atheist church: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/10...52360.html

Wait.... Walmart has buildings as well... Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Is there a system to organized atheism? Not much more than Protestant churches. Just as Protestants might, sure, congregate in a particular place to share their beliefs, atheists do as well. Where? Here, for one. At TTA.

You.. haven't actually addressed the question above, though. You've simply palmed it off and said "Just as Protestants might, sure, congregate in a particular place to share their beliefs..." as if that's the be all and end all, when you kind of know there's more to what Protestants do when they get to gather.

You know, the whole 'ritual things' and such. Not seeing anything like that amongst any atheists. Though... at Walmart they all do that thing with the machine before you leave.. So, that's a ritual in all Walmarts.... Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  The organized system is about as organized as the chain of networking that Protestants have worldwide. I would not go so far as to say that atheists have a system like the Catholic Church. But Protestantism? Yes.

This is another assertion.. with nothing but your opinion to back it up. Citation of information/figures/numbers needed, thanks.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has its symbols, just as religions do.

Citation needed.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has its megastar pastors. Hitchens, Dawkins, Nye.

Um.. no. The names you've listed are scientists or journalists. That is a collection of working professionals. Which, while I do agree a pastor is also a working professional the term/nomenclature for 'Pastor' is its own job description, with its own skill set etc.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  ... And then, there are the countless big fish in little ponds throughout the West who try to actively spread the atheist "gospel."

If there is a gospel. Please cite/quote some examples of it.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has its apologetics.

Again, please offer a citation

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And atheism has its slogans: "You don't get to put your un-reason on the same shelf as my reason."

I... never knew that was a slogan. It seems to me that you're just quoting some one. Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism even has lobbyists in our government.

Again, please provide a citation/information/evidence.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has an organized system, much like Protestantism.

You've now posted this twice. Just posting it and offering nothing to actually back it up, such as posting a diagram of the organizational tree, makes it simply your opinion.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Of beliefs

The belief of atheists is simple. There is no God. From that, your actions and words are derived. There are no rules. You have special status to rise above the billions of other people in the world who acknowledge a Creator. You are special snowflakes that are just untouchable by anyone. You can cuss at people all you want, insult them all you want, make fun of them all you want, and act like intellectual snobbish shitlibs all you want. Why not?

Um.. that's one belief. Just one. Not a whole raft of catechisms. Atheism doesn't actually posit any 'rules', which religions would seem to have and possibly need.

"Special status"? Again, citation needed. What 'special pleadings' are atheists demanding for themselves and not for others?

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  The belief of atheists is that there is no God.

Posting something twice.. doesn't make it 'More true'.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  "You are special snowflakes that are just untouchable by anyone."

And yet, here you are..... preaching your dissension to said masses? Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You can cuss at people all you want, insult them all you want, make fun of them all you want, and act like intellectual snobbish shitlibs all you want. Why not?

This, again, seems more of an opinion. The tacked on 'Why not' question could be answered "Because within countries (Most) there is freedom of expression, hence people can freely express themselves, hence call other people's ideas names/deride them?"

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Of ceremonies

True, there are no real ceremonies, per se. Though, you can observe ceremony in The Church of Satan or Freemasonry. But we are not talking about those godless institutions. Protestants really don't have ceremony either.

Um... by their definition, they aren't' actually godless.. Or did you miss that bit? Or... is it that they don't meet your 'God' that lets you say they are godless? Consider

Call to "No True Scotsman"! Clean up in isle 13!

You've also admitted that atheists don't so the whole, seeming fundamental, ritual thing... only to hide said admission behind veiled insults. Interesting. Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And rules

The only rule is that there are no rules. You are the lost boys. Atheists tend to submit themselves to the morality of the collective of human beings for society's mutual benefit. But technically, there are no rules for an atheist.

Facepalm

More assertions... with nothing, really, to back them up.

*Sigh*

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Used to worship a god or a group of gods

You are your own god. You are the one who dictates how things should be. You don't need no pope to tell you what to do. You decide what's best. And other atheists who hold power over you in government will also decide what is best for you, even though they do not adhere to any rules.

More assertions. Coloured in a derogatory tone.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  So, to summarize:

Religion is "an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods". Atheism is an organized system of non-believers in society with their own leaders, congregations, and symbols, following a single belief, with a ceremony of "no ceremony," with the single rule that "there are no rules," who worship themselves as god. If we are going to limit ourselves to officially printed statements about what religion and atheism is, then I could always fall on the US Court system. In 2005, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that atheism is a religion so that inmates could be justified in starting their religious group. That is, their atheist group. Of course, one could argue I can't cite the U.S. Seventh Court because, why, that doesn't speak for atheism in the larger society. To that, I would argue that at the very least, atheists want to be called a religion when it is in their favor. Such is the case in the court case.

So.. your summary, which could as easily just have been your only post, offers one piece of actual information? Consider

Then throwing in that a countries legal system has determined something that holds for that country as if... ? Consider

That's it? That's your seeming one piece of cited evidence?

"Hey! The American's are defining 'Atheism' as a religion for purposes to be used in their penal system. That makes it a religion!"

Consider

Facepalm

Nope.... please try and do better.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 7 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-03-2015, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 01:02 AM by Peebothuhul.)
Don't know why my above post is not working. Can't find what I've missed to muck up the quotes. Please help. Sad

EDIT: Thank you very much ivaneus Big Grin

Took ages to find the lil' bugger.
23-03-2015, 12:27 AM
(22-03-2015 11:24 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism is organized. This forum is a testament to the atheists' organization.

Blink

What? Does this mean that NASA is also a religion? They have a web site. Or.. how about Walmart? They have a web site.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  But there are also even atheist churches. I've linked to them in past threads. Here's another example of an atheist church: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/10...52360.html

Wait.... Walmart has buildings as well... Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Is there a system to organized atheism? Not much more than Protestant churches. Just as Protestants might, sure, congregate in a particular place to share their beliefs, atheists do as well. Where? Here, for one. At TTA.

You.. haven't actually addressed the question above, though. You've simply palmed it off and said "Just as Protestants might, sure, congregate in a particular place to share their beliefs..." as if that's the be all and end all, when you kind of know there's more to what Protestants do when they get to gather.

You know, the whole 'ritual things' and such. Not seeing anything like that amongst any atheists. Though... at Walmart they all do that thing with the machine before you leave.. So, that's a ritual in all Walmarts.... Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  The organized system is about as organized as the chain of networking that Protestants have worldwide. I would not go so far as to say that atheists have a system like the Catholic Church. But Protestantism? Yes.

This is another assertion.. with nothing but your opinion to back it up. Citation of information/figures/numbers needed, thanks.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has its symbols, just as religions do.

Citation needed.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has its megastar pastors. Hitchens, Dawkins, Nye.

Um.. no. The names you've listed are scientists or journalists. That is a collection of working professionals. Which, while I do agree a pastor is also a working professional the term/nomenclature for 'Pastor' is its own job description, with its own skill set etc.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  ... And then, there are the countless big fish in little ponds throughout the West who try to actively spread the atheist "gospel."

If there is a gospel. Please cite/quote some examples of it.

Again, please offer a citation

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And atheism has its slogans: "You don't get to put your un-reason on the same shelf as my reason."

I... never knew that was a slogan. It seems to me that you're just quoting some one. Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism even has lobbyists in our government.

Again, please provide a citation/information/evidence.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has an organized system, much like Protestantism.

You've now posted this twice. Just posting it and offering nothing to actually back it up, such as posting a diagram of the organizational tree, makes it simply your opinion.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Of beliefs

The belief of atheists is simple. There is no God. From that, your actions and words are derived. There are no rules. You have special status to rise above the billions of other people in the world who acknowledge a Creator. You are special snowflakes that are just untouchable by anyone. You can cuss at people all you want, insult them all you want, make fun of them all you want, and act like intellectual snobbish shitlibs all you want. Why not?

Um.. that's one belief. Just one. Not a whole raft of catechisms. Atheism doesn't actually posit any 'rules', which religions would seem to have and possibly need.

"Special status"? Again, citation needed. What 'special pleadings' are atheists demanding for themselves and not for others?

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  The belief of atheists is that there is no God.

Posting something twice.. doesn't make it 'More true'.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  "You are special snowflakes that are just untouchable by anyone."

And yet, here you are..... preaching your dissension to said masses? Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You can cuss at people all you want, insult them all you want, make fun of them all you want, and act like intellectual snobbish shitlibs all you want. Why not?

This, again, seems more of an opinion. The tacked on 'Why not' question could be answered "Because within countries (Most) there is freedom of expression, hence people can freely express themselves, hence call other people's ideas names/deride them?"

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Of ceremonies

True, there are no real ceremonies, per se. Though, you can observe ceremony in The Church of Satan or Freemasonry. But we are not talking about those godless institutions. Protestants really don't have ceremony either.

Um... by their definition, they aren't' actually godless.. Or did you miss that bit? Or... is it that they don't meet your 'God' that lets you say they are godless? Consider

Call to "No True Scotsman"! Clean up in isle 13!

You've also admitted that atheists don't so the whole, seeming fundamental, ritual thing... only to hide said admission behind veiled insults. Interesting. Consider

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And rules

The only rule is that there are no rules. You are the lost boys. Atheists tend to submit themselves to the morality of the collective of human beings for society's mutual benefit. But technically, there are no rules for an atheist.

Facepalm

More assertions... with nothing, really, to back them up.

*Sigh*

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Used to worship a god or a group of gods

You are your own god. You are the one who dictates how things should be. You don't need no pope to tell you what to do. You decide what's best. And other atheists who hold power over you in government will also decide what is best for you, even though they do not adhere to any rules.

More assertions. Coloured in a derogatory tone.

Religion is "an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods". Atheism is an organized system of non-believers in society with their own leaders, congregations, and symbols, following a single belief, with a ceremony of "no ceremony," with the single rule that "there are no rules," who worship themselves as god. If we are going to limit ourselves to officially printed statements about what religion and atheism is, then I could always fall on the US Court system. In 2005, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that atheism is a religion so that inmates could be justified in starting their religious group. That is, their atheist group. Of course, one could argue I can't cite the U.S. Seventh Court because, why, that doesn't speak for atheism in the larger society. To that, I would argue that at the very least, atheists want to be called a religion when it is in their favor. Such is the case in the court case.

So.. your summary, which could as easily just have been your only post, offers one piece of actual information? Consider

Then throwing in that a countries legal system has determined something that holds for that country as if... ? Consider

That's it? That's your seeming one piece of cited evidence?

"Hey! The American's are defining 'Atheism' as a religion for purposes to be used in their penal system. That makes it a religion!"

Consider

Facepalm

Nope.... please try and do better.

Much cheers to all.

One of the ending quote tags has a missing slash. Smile

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
23-03-2015, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 01:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
NSFW: Full Cathartic Vitriol Unleashed Edition

And yes, the stupid fucker earned it.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I need to pick someone who I will be consistently talking to. Before, I was going to talk to morondog. But he blew me off, so forget him.

Yeah, because you're a ignorant asshole.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Also, this is not a thread where I'm pitching theism vs atheism or any other tangents that go on and on. Also, I'm not going to drop encyclopedic information all in one night. My time on the internet is sporadic, and I don't sit in front of a computer all day.

Because then you might have time to actually learn shit, and not just regurgitate the same objective wrong drivel over and over again like a cow with irritable bowel syndrome.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I am pleased that Leo thinks this thread will be fun. I hope that it will be. But for now, I only have time to respond to Anjele:

Oh the naivety of youth, but I'm sure you'll do your part to make this thread as painful as humanly possible. You know, just like all of the other threads you've started. So let's start with you bastardizing and obfuscating a very simple definition.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 01:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  From Merriam-Webster
religion
noun re·li·gion \ri-ˈli-jən\
: the belief in a god or in a group of gods

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

Start here...

...and then it ends here...nope, not a religion.
The third definition of religion could be anything from gardening to politics. Let's start with the second definition.

Are you going to attempt to disingenuously quote mine it and attempt the break the definition with bullshit word games?

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  An organized system

Yep. Why did I even ask? You're as predictable as a broken clock, but somehow you're even less right. I mean, at least the broken clock is right two times a day.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism is organized.

No. There are atheist organizations, but atheists as a whole are not organized under any universal umbrella organization. So no, atheism is not organized, there are simply atheist organizations. Some groups of atheists can share a common group, but that no more makes the American Atheists a religion than it does the Rotary Club, Elk's Lodge, or your local Country Club. Sane and rational people get this, but you're a duplicitous dipshit with an agenda to lie for.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  This forum is a testament to the atheists' organization.

Then Reddit is a religion you stupid fuktard. Way to go, now every organization is a religion, a definition so vague as to be absolutely meaningless. I do however eagerly away Reddit's no doubt coming tax exemption status. You really are a stupid cunt.

Also known as 'community centers for the non-religious'. If they constitute a religion, then your local library is also a center for the religion of books. Way to go dumbass.

No, and you had better pray that we never do. Because if the non-religious did actually organize and flex the same political muscle that actual religions do in the United States, we'd be right back to the godless secular paradise the Founding Fathers envisioned. Imagine all of the homeless people we could house, clothe, and feed if we no longer subsidized religions with taxpayer money?

We actually know the answer, and it is all of them, in addition to providing universal healthcare for the entire country. So for the sake of your religious privilege, you better pray to your god us non-believers are not as organized as you are tying to argue we are.

Where is the atheist pope? Where are the atheist creeds? The atheist dogmas? The atheist doctrines?

Oh right, we don't have any of those! You can go fuck yourself now you stupid cunt.

Symbols are now the mark of religion!

News Flash: McDonalds applies for religious tax exemption based on it's golden double arches, a symbol associated with both it's franchise and indicative of it's recognition as a religion.

Yep, you really are a stupid fuck.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism has its megastar pastors. Hitchens, Dawkins, Nye. Others.

No, you see pastors lie to people. They make claims to knowledge that they don't have, and claiming something as a fact without being able to back it up with evidence is called lying. That's what all religious leader do, because they cannot backup any of their unsubstantiated woowoo bullshit.

But I wouldn't' expect an ignorant fuck to understand the difference between a professional liar and a scientist. I imagine you have zero experience with the truth, or discerning it from bullshit.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And then, there are the countless big fish in little ponds throughout the West who try to actively spread the atheist "gospel."

I can quote your Gospel in multiple translations, cited by page and verse. Why? Because Christianity, as an actual religion, has actual holy books and gospels that people derive actual dogma from.

Atheism has no gospel you ignorant bible-humping douche-nozzle.

We don't have apologetic, because we have the facts you stupid cunt.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And atheism has its slogans: "You don't get to put your unreason on the same shelf as my reason."

News Flash: McDonald's redoubles their efforts at tax exemption citing their 'I'm loving it!' slogan.

News Flash: McDonald's triples their effort to gain tax exemption status citing the presence of their lobbyists on Capitol Hill.

Once again merely being an organization does not a religion make, unless you want to defend the network of connected merchandise warehouses and shipping depots that makes up the Church of Amazon you stupid dirt-fucking bastard.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  of beliefs

The belief of atheists is simple. There is no God.

Which is a belief built upon the fact that all religious have utterly failed to meet their burden of proof in establishing the existence of their deity. A burden of proof that you yourself do your best to tap-dance around because you're a spineless pussy unable to own up to the fact that you have no evidence.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  From that, your actions and words are derived. There are no rules.

No rules? Kind of destroys your entire previous case you were trying to make when you were claiming we're an organized religion. You're so fucking stupid you couldn't logic yourself out of a wet paper bag with a fucking lightsaber.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You have special status to rise above the billions of other people in the world who acknowledge a Creator.

Acknowledging reality for what it evidently is, is not a special status. Not that I'd expect you to understand nuance and distinction.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You are special snowflakes that are just untouchable by anyone.

I get the distinct feeling your projection stems from you being sexually rejected by an atheist at one time in your life, and this is all just a poor attempt at revenge in order to hate-fuck your own memory of rejection.

Because you are supremely deserving of contempt are derision, as evidence by everything you have ever posted here you ringing endorsement for post-birth abortion.

Our belief is, once again, based on your complete inability to substantiate the existence of your preferred imaginary trans-dimensional emotionally stunted genocidal space wizard. Provide real, objectively verifiable evidence that supports your proposition, and we'll change our mind. All we need is evidence, and it's the one thing you never buck-up and fucking deliver you spineless twat.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  of ceremonies

True, there are no real ceremonies, per se.

End of the argument, full stop. But you're too invested in the lie to avert course at this point.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Though, you can observe ceremony in The Church of Satan or Freemasonry.

Church of Satan? Not atheists. Freemasons? Not atheists.

Too bad you're too much of a invested lying dipshit to recognize that.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  But we are not talking about those godless institutions. Protestants really don't have ceremony either.

Holy Communion. Reciting the Nicene Creed. Attending mass.

Being a lying piece of shit douchebag on an atheist forum is optional.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  and rules

The only rule is that there are no rules.

Kind of fucks the whole organized religion bit ya' dumbass.

Also, not collecting stamps is a hobby.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You are the lost boys.

A term better saved for the victims of the Catholic pedophile army that were conversely both ignored and pressured into silence for centuries, those are the true lost boys and girls. Jesus and your god did fuck all to save them.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheists tend to submit themselves to the morality of the collective of human beings for society's mutual benefit.

So do you, but your collective was put to paper thousands of years ago and is interpreted through awful translations and colored by your current biases. You just like to ignore all of that and pretend it came from said aforementioned imaginary trans-dimensional emotionally stunted genocidal space wizard.

We have no reason to believe you have any better claim to truth than any other religion, so most of us instead rely on other means like reason and empathy. But this is by no means indicative of all atheists, or proof that we're a religion.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  But technically, there are no rules for an atheist.

No sky-daddy rules, sure. But there are still plenty of rules, many of which will be imposed upon us even if we don't acknowledge or agree with that. That's how society works. A murder who doesn't see what he is doing as morally reprehensible is not obliged to be allowed to continue to murder people by the rest of society just because he personally has no problem with his actions.

The fact that I need to spell this out for you speaks only to your own complete lack of personal moral accountability.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  used to worship a god or a group of gods

You are your own god.

I do not match the definition of any deity that has ever been put forward by anything believer trying to defend their own faith. This lame and foundationless dodge is only ever put out there when gutless ignorant shit-stains like you have nothing left, it is a move of last resort, the ultimate false equivocation.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You are the one who dictates how things should be.

Dictate? No. We don't have gods, prophets, or Popes to dictate shit to us. We can propose, and debate, and gather evidence, and have discussions about how we would like things to be and how to get there. This is the completely opposite from most religions 'we already have all the answer's already' approach, also known as dogma.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You don't need no pope to tell you what to do.

Right, herding cats. So how are we organized again you stupid fuck?

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You decide what's best.

We all have opinions, we just lack the structure of a religion to forcibly apply those opinions on others.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  And other atheists who hold power over you in government will also decide what is best for you, even though they do not adhere to any rules.

Complete and total non sequitur. Atheists in government are just as accountable to the laws, rules, and regulations as religious people in government. What they're less likely to do is use their position of power to force their dogma (on account of not having any) onto others against their will, something the religious right never tires at trying to do to everyone else who doesn't agree with them. But you're probably one of the shit-fucking ignorant assholes who thinks that removing school-led prayer is state sanctioned imposition of atheism upon you, instead of recognizing it as the essential secular neutrality that it is.

You're an ignorant asshat with an agenda and the IQ of a Kiwi?

[Image: kiwi_bird.jpg]

Apologies to the noble bird of New Zealand.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Religion is "an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods"

As per the definition supplied by Merriam-Webster.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Atheism is an organized system of non-believers in society with their own leaders, congregations, and symbols, following a single belief, with a ceremony of "no ceremony," with the single rule that "there are no rules," who worship themselves as god.

You live in a world where bald is a hair color, off is a TV channel, and not smoking is a habit. Under your twisted interpretation of a very simple definition, everything is a religion you stupid Jesus-fellating fuktard.

[Image: 4286-kill-yourself.jpg]

If you could twist yourself into bullshit loops any further, you'd go from being able to just perform self-fellatio to full on Ouroboros.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  If we are going to limit ourselves to officially printed statements about what religion and atheism is, then I could always fall on the US Court system. In 2005, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that atheism is a religion so that inmates could be justified in starting their religious group. That is, their atheist group.

Non-belief is given legal status as religions in order to grant them equal legal protections and standing. That does not make it a religion, it only prevent people who lack a religion from being discriminated against. In the same way that a Catholic cannot discriminate against a Protestant, they cannot discriminate against an atheist, because non-belief is granted the same legal status and protections.

That does not make it a religion, because it still fails to meet all of the definitional criteria to be considered a religion. As you've marvelously shown in your post, the only way to make non-belief a religion requires bastardization of the definition of religion to the point that anything could then be considered a religion; including multinational corporations.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Of course, one could argue I can't cite the U.S. Seventh Court because, why, that doesn't speak for atheism in the larger society.

You can, but it's simply out of context, and you're either to fucking stupid or too much of a spineless lying piece-of-shit to care otherwise.

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  To that, I would argue that at the very least, atheists want to be called a religion when it is in their favor. Such is the case in the court case.

We demand equality before the law, that religions not be granted special privileges denied to the non-religious. That doesn't make the non-religious a de facto religion in any universe except the bullshit imaginary one inside your lead-addled brain.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-03-2015, 01:41 AM
If I were a betting woman, I'd place fifty on EK being next on the ignore list. Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
23-03-2015, 01:46 AM
(23-03-2015 01:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  If I were a betting woman, I'd place fifty on EK being next on the ignore list. Drinking Beverage

I'm only surprised I didn't get there sooner. Laugh out load

But facts plus vitriol is no less accurate than facts alone, but it's certainly far more cathartic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-03-2015, 02:06 AM
Well Larry, I have to hand it to you, after being forced into a corner you did *finally* man up and answer the question of why you think atheism is a religion. Thanks for finally doing so. You coulda done so with a lot less performing, and ya know, I think it'd have been better for your credibility - we'd have just diagnosed you as a lunatic and moved on... Instead of which you typed reams and reams of text about how you were too busy to answer Laughat

I think I can understand why you spent so much time running and hiding now - your answer is kinda *obvious* bullshit. I mean, sure you've done a bit of turd-polishing, but even *you* must be feeling the buzz of really major cognitive dissonance. Any potential Catholic convert who reads that bullshit is gonna definitely wonder what the fuck's up with you Big Grin

Now that you've put forward your stuff I can simply say that I find it unconvincing in the extreme. Hah. I went back to your other thread to find out why the fuck you even brought it up. Turns out you were just playing non-sequitur games.

Happy trolling and good day Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post