Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 03:54 AM
RE: Atheists are religious, Atheism is a religion
And thank you for the correction....yes the word religion is from the latin....and can mean specifically a suprnatural belife system. Btw never asserted I was some great intellect...plus im smashing out responese on a phone...so spelling and sentence structure goes by by.....not for nothing but the responses so far havent exactly been highly intelligent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 03:54 AM
Soul me ol' mate, if you weren't such a big ol' pansy who screams for mommy every time someone tells you the facts of life, you might make some progress. As it is I feel no desire to do anything except tweak your adorable nose just to see you cry.

I know Daddy pastor back at little-boy church told you that big ol' bad ol' atheists are such a den of inquity and wow, look at that, you come here looking for confirmation of that fact and boy do you find it.

How old are you? Like 17? Get a life, get laid and stop being such a drip, and maybe in a few years you can come back and have a decent conversation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-03-2015, 03:58 AM
(23-03-2015 03:45 AM)soul Wrote:  So far not one of you can make a response without an insult. Thats very telling how weak you really are.

Nah. Just having a good laugh (at your expense). Stress relief is good for your health - anal retention not so much. You should work on that.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
23-03-2015, 04:06 AM
No being an asshole does make you wrong...because its not necessary. And I dont need to get over anything as I am not nor ever can be offended by words. And Im not here to get anyone to accept anything I belive. You folks here apparently like echo chambers...and when someone posts something that questions the echos you insult and spit vulgaritys at them. Like the good jihadis do in Islam....or tom cruise on good morning america. Ive seen many an intelligent atheist debate....thinking men and women making stimulating conversations about an intriguing controversy...never once did these thinking atheists call those debating them motherfs etc...so at best this forum is false advertising. You folks dont think...you dont allow others to think....you simply emote...and throw your poo.....I guess the monkey genes are still strong here.
[+] 1 user Likes soul's post
23-03-2015, 04:10 AM
(23-03-2015 03:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  Soul me ol' mate, if you weren't such a big ol' pansy who screams for mommy every time someone tells you the facts of life, you might make some progress. As it is I feel no desire to do anything except tweak your adorable nose just to see you cry.

I know Daddy pastor back at little-boy church told you that big ol' bad ol' atheists are such a den of inquity and wow, look at that, you come here looking for confirmation of that fact and boy do you find it.

How old are you? Like 17? Get a life, get laid and stop being such a drip, and maybe in a few years you can come back and have a decent conversation.
lol...in all the years of posting in forums....never has anyone been so wrong....you win the internet buddy....Im very impressed. Spectacular fail.
23-03-2015, 04:13 AM
(23-03-2015 04:10 AM)soul Wrote:  lol...in all the years of posting in forums....never has anyone been so wrong....you win the internet buddy....Im very impressed. Spectacular fail.

Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-03-2015, 04:51 AM
(23-03-2015 04:06 AM)soul Wrote:  No being an asshole does make you wrong...because its not necessary.

Wrong again dumbass. Of course it's not necessary, but it is cathartic; but that still doesn't make statements of fact any less factual. Maybe take a remedial Logic course or something to help you get back up to speed.

2+2=4

2+2=4 and you're a cunt.

The addition of "and you're a cunt" doesn't make 2+2=4 any less accurate.

(23-03-2015 04:06 AM)soul Wrote:  And I dont need to get over anything as I am not nor ever can be offended by words.

Then how about you bitch some more about it then? Rolleyes

(23-03-2015 04:06 AM)soul Wrote:  And Im not here to get anyone to accept anything I belive. You folks here apparently like echo chambers...and when someone posts something that questions the echos you insult and spit vulgaritys at them.

Question me all you want, but if you don't have facts to back yourself up, I can and will tell you to go fuck yourself. Don't like the burden of proof? Shut the fuck up and keep your claims to yourself.

(23-03-2015 04:06 AM)soul Wrote:  Like the good jihadis do in Islam....or tom cruise on good morning america. Ive seen many an intelligent atheist debate....thinking men and women making stimulating conversations about an intriguing controversy...never once did these thinking atheists call those debating them motherfs etc..

There is a formal debate section if you really feel the need to avoid vulgarity to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities.

(23-03-2015 04:06 AM)soul Wrote:  so at best this forum is false advertising.

Yes, because cursing is the equivalent of not thinking. Fucking brilliant! I take it that the irony is lost on you?

(23-03-2015 04:06 AM)soul Wrote:  You folks dont think...you dont allow others to think....you simply emote...and throw your poo.....I guess the monkey genes are still strong here.

Once again you retarded butthurt ignoramus.

Do you have evidence? No?

Then shut the fuck up and get out, or be prepared to deal with derision until you can make good with said evidence. Fucking stupid cunt...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-03-2015, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 06:46 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-03-2015 04:10 AM)soul Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 03:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  Soul me ol' mate, if you weren't such a big ol' pansy who screams for mommy every time someone tells you the facts of life, you might make some progress. As it is I feel no desire to do anything except tweak your adorable nose just to see you cry.

lol...in all the years of posting in forums....never has anyone been so wrong....you win the internet buddy....Im very impressed. Spectacular fail.

Dear,
When you grow up, and get all big and mommy starts to have you go to school, you will learn, that besides saying someone failed, you need to explain IN DETAIL why and how they failed. Until then, please stop making a complete fool of yourself. Just because Larry here has shown you how that's done, is no reason to blindly follow his idiotic example. The fact is the ABSENCE of something is not the opposite of a positive position. Atheists simply dismiss the foolish ignorant nonsense of beliefs in deities. If dismissing some ridiculous nonsense, such as dismissing the notion that the moon is made of green cheese, is, according to his definition, also a religion, then his position is consistent. Now run along and play.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2015, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 07:36 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  The belief of atheists is simple. There is no God.

No. Reasonable humans dismiss all notions for which there is no evidence. The gods (especially ancient angry ones who demand that their sons die so they can feel better ... such as the Christan god) have not a shred of evidence for them. Cultural historians know that this god, (Yahweh) was the 70th son of the Babylonian deity El Elyon, and the reason the Hebrews picked him to make a covenant with, was that he was the war god, and they wanted his assistance in their expansionary land battles (wars). Dismissal of a ridiculous notion is not a belief. If it were a belief, then so is dismissal of the notion that the moon is made of green cheese.

of ceremonies

(22-03-2015 08:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  True, there are no real ceremonies, per se. Though, you can observe ceremony in The Church of Satan or Freemasonry. But we are not talking about those godless institutions. Protestants really don't have ceremony either.

What a completely ignorant fool. If you have ever watched the marriage of the heir to the British throne, or the funeral of the King of England, (both Protestant ceremonies) or gone (oh horror for a member of the Pedophile cult known as the Catholic Church) or gone to Morning Prayer, or the Celebration of the Eucharist, or Morning Prayer of the Presbyterians, you would know they have pretty much the SAME exact ceremonies that the Pedo Cult (RCC) church has. In fact if you look in your newspaper you will find the Easter Vigil advertised in the coming two week at most every Episcopalian community in the country, as well as Maundy Thursday Eucharist, and Easter Sunday Mass for Protestant Episcpal (high church) communities. I guess we're dealing with even a more profound ignoramus than I thought. No ceremonies. LMFAO. In many cases the ordination of Episcopal priests (where the bishop doing the ordaining can trace his line in "Apostolic succession", which they can ALL do BTW) is considered by Rome to be authentic "Holy Orders" So we have ordination ceremonies, episcopal consecration ceremonies, baptisms, the celebration of the Eucharist, funerals, weddings .. etc etc etc. All sacramental *ceremonies*. And here we have this fool telling us Protestants have no ceremonies. Fool gets an "F" for this thread. No wonder Sucipe Domini kicked him out. He even fails the low standards of that place.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2015, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 07:36 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-03-2015 03:31 AM)soul Wrote:  Atheism however is a very minor subset of how humans actually think about things....it is so minor in fact that most atheists dont act like atheists. They choose to reject or accept certain aspects of theism depending on how it benefits them personally

Ever hear of the "Argumentum ad populum" ? Look it up dear. Maybe you can play with the big kids, someday.

(23-03-2015 03:36 AM)soul Wrote:  Oh and the word religion simply means "to bind to...or adhere to"...football...hello kitty...starwars...all could be religions...so ya so can atheism...religions can exist in a materialist world without contradiction.

Oh really ? Well since we know Mother Teresa was an atheist, (from her published letters) I guess that holds for atheism thriving among the religious also.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post