"Atheists are trying to ban a Carrie Underwood song" *sigh*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 08:38 PM
"Atheists are trying to ban a Carrie Underwood song" *sigh*
http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/underwood.asp

Quote:On 29 September 2014 American Idol winner and country star Carrie Underwood released a single titled "Something in the Water." Soon after, rumors began to circulate that atheists were trying to ban the track due to its Christian themes.

It isn't clear where the notion of atheists trying to ban Underwood's song originated, but it was soon picked up by several blogs....

Snopes determined it as false.

What a persecution complex some people have, eh?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: "Atheists are trying to ban a Carrie Underwood song" *sigh*
Yeah, we can't get an open atheist elected to congress, but we're gonna get a friggin' country song banned. Do people even think anymore?

I'll admit, there are plenty of country songs I'd like to see banned, but I'm sure this one isn't one of them.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't even listen to that kind of music. So honestly there's an empty box of fucks I give. She can sing about whatever she wants.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2014, 08:49 PM
(07-10-2014 08:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't even listen to that kind of music. So honestly there's an empty box of fucks I give. She can sing about whatever she wants.

Yeah - like "Jesus Take The Wheel" Rainbow Vomit

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-10-2014, 08:50 PM
More dishonest christian crap. Nobody is bothering them at the moment so they make up their own persecutions.
It's probably selling records too, imagine that.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-10-2014, 08:54 PM
No one is trying to get her music banned 'cause they are Athiests, people are trying to get it banned because it's fucking terrible music and she is a horrible person/singer. She did a show in my old town, came on before a local boy. She was so pissed about being the oping act to a, relatively, unknown Alberta boy that she intentionally went into his set by nearly an hour, refused to get off, messed with the sound equipment on her way out forcing an extra 20 min delay for the following band which had just got off a 7 hour plane ride. I was working security for the gig and was about 2 feet from the stage and I couldn't even hear her warbly voice over the instruments they drowned her out so bad. Which was the only highlight of her set to be honest. Petty, vindictive, and foolishly arrogant for a person who can't write a song with more content than a simplistic celebration of ignorance.

Second worst musical act we ever had in town.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-10-2014, 09:03 PM
My best friend from nursing school saw her at a tanning salon in Huntsville when she came to town a few years ago. She asked for her autograph. Underwood was a total bitch and even accused her of stalking, and refused to sign an autograph - not that my friend wanted it after being thoroughly insulted.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-10-2014, 09:06 PM
(07-10-2014 08:54 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No one is trying to get her music banned 'cause they are Athiests, people are trying to get it banned because it's fucking terrible music and she is a horrible person/singer. She did a show in my old town, came on before a local boy. She was so pissed about being the oping act to a, relatively, unknown Alberta boy that she intentionally went into his set by nearly an hour, refused to get off, messed with the sound equipment on her way out forcing an extra 20 min delay for the following band which had just got off a 7 hour plane ride. I was working security for the gig and was about 2 feet from the stage and I couldn't even hear her warbly voice over the instruments they drowned her out so bad. Which was the only highlight of her set to be honest. Petty, vindictive, and foolishly arrogant for a person who can't write a song with more content than a simplistic celebration of ignorance.

Second worst musical act we ever had in town.

What was #1?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Keith Urban, that mother fucker. He hadn't adjusted to the change in time zone so at 3 AM he decides to go ripping around the Stampede Grounds on his quad, which is not a big deal in and of its self. Issue was that he was intentionally spooking the horses that were in the pen, he would go ripping past them and they would get all panicked and thrash around. He got a good chuckle out of it even when some people showed up to tell him to stop torturing the animals. Basically called everyone there a bunch of small town hillbillies and he could do what he wanted cause it's not illegal to drive a quad at night and because he is fucking Keith Urban he will do what he wants mom. When he realized there were about 6 guys who did not give a fuck he was Keith Urban he drove off real fast.

The lady was a spoiled brat, but she never spent an hour torturing a bunch of horses. So fuck that guy can go fuck a cactus, they will have a lot in common the needle dicked son of a bitch.

(I spent several of my teenage years on a ranch with 2 dozen horses, so I get a bit riled up)

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
07-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Who the fuck's Carrie Underwood?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post