"Atheists are trying to ban a Carrie Underwood song" *sigh*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: "Atheists are trying to ban a Carrie Underwood song" *sigh*
THIS is a good example of Decent country music.

Ladies and Gentlemen! Mr. Conway Twitty!

My Favorite song.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
07-10-2014, 11:58 PM
I prefer old country myself. Before it became hugely pop-centric, and about redneck life.

The "Drink a Beer" song I've heard sounds like the singer is vomiting American flags.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
08-10-2014, 03:58 AM
Exactly. To me Country took a shot to the jugular with a single song and now it's a twitching corpse of pop music about trucks and 'merica.

Behold! The death of country! (He said stating an obviously subjective opinion)

What about that says country music? Like....I'm honestly asking cause it boggles my damn mind. Especially if you compare it to some of the older stuff, the roots of this withered tree.

That stuff was good, it had a soul and character, but this new stuff sounds like pop music to me. Weeping So many, SO MANY, of the new country songs are just...stupid and vapid without charm or depth. I heard a song the other day that was about a hat and that's it. Just a hat. Fuuuuck.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
08-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Country music sucks.

What most people do not realize is most of these mega-stars are total jerks in person. The smiley face they put on for TV interviews and what not is just for show.

I like going to shows with my kids. They like the same type of music I did when I was their age. The performers are approachable and nice, most of the time. The last show we went to at the House of Blues in New Orleans we had dinner next to the lead singer of the headliner. One girl went and asked him for a picture while he was eating. He very nicely told the girl he would be more than happy to after he finished eating. So when he was done he made the rounds of the entire restaurant. He made it a point to talk to everyone he saw that had a band shirt on, took pictures with all the kids, etc. After the show the band was at the exit, shaking hands, taking pictures and thanking people for coming.
08-10-2014, 07:48 AM
If Shania killed country music as it was then, this new song from Jason Aldean killed what what was crappy mainstream country that followed! Autotuned to the max. I must borrow a quote from Simon and american idol - "it is like food poisoning for my ears".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2tLWMMF38

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —