Atheists, beware!: Scientific proof of God found!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: Atheists, beware!: Scientific proof of God found!
(11-03-2015 01:28 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  If I'm reading the article about the paper right (can't find the paper itself), this is a demonstration of a computer's ability to engage in formal logic in showing that certain premises and axioms necessitate a certain conclusion. It does not, however, prove the uderlying truth of those premises or the conclusion that they would necessitate if true.

Of course, computers "engage in formal logic" by following purely mechanical processes. Logic gates are physical things that take electrical inputs that spit out electrical outputs which humans parse as logic. It's just a fancy set of tiny, tiny machines that do what they're built to do.

Ironically, this isn't too far off from our own brains, either; there's just a bit more obfuscation about the overall construction.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 11:25 AM
KVron is banned? When did that happen?

Did I miss something? Drinking Beverage Again?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Oh.
Never mind. I clearly haven't nearly enough coffee for proper brain function.

Carry on while I swill. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein