Atheists can like Fairy Gardens without believing in them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Atheists can like Fairy Gardens without believing in them
Oi vay. What a mess. I'm in a fairy garden group, because as an artist I enjoy making little fairy dolls, clay houses, and whimsical things. It's fun and relaxing. Then admin posts a meme, saying "I believe in fairies. Type I believe if you do too."

Me: of course not. They're beautiful whimsical fantasy characters that represent the youthful wonder of our psyche.

Admin: to believe or not to believe is a personal choice to every single one of us You, in your realm you have defined them.. but in fairness you have to acknowledge everyone else's choices.. you could also be deluded I suggest you read The Book of Enoch and see if you are still relegating into myth what we have been told are true are indeed true.. Giants were a thing of Fairy Tales as well until people began to find out that the true history of them is undeniable.

Admin: Angels existed, they did indeed breed with mankind and all forms were born of them.. The Fae were one of these along with Giants and many other "monsters" as written in The Book of Enoch. I have seen neither fairy nor Angel nor Sasquatch but i am not ever going to say that I know enough about the history of mankind to state anything doesn't exist

Me: Interesting book of Ethiopian Jewish mythology, and it looks to make an awesome fantasy action flick. Doesn't mean it happened. lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
Book of Enoch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Admin: well the same argument is made of the bible.. and it doesn't mean it doesn't exist as I say you are entitled to your opinion.. I suggest too that you read the rules if you suggest anyone else's opinions are not valid.. I am not telling you to believe.. but be extremely cautious about your future comments if you want to stay here.. everyone's opinions are valid.. any sort of comments that are considered derisive will result in removal from channel. This is not a channel for debate but for people to enjoy their beliefs or non beliefs in safety from judgement from others.

Me: Noted. Belief is not required to enjoy art and the natural world.

Spectator: Admin is my new heroin of fb! You go Admin!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!!
Wow. In one breath say all opinions are valid, and then threaten to ban me because my opinion is different. You're the idiot that posted the "do you believe" thread, admin. *grumbles*

I don't have to believe in fantasy to enjoy it, dammit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like TessandraFae's post
11-02-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Atheists can like Fairy Gardens without believing in them
Welcome to our community Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-02-2015, 08:36 PM
(11-02-2015 04:36 PM)TessandraFae Wrote:  ...
everyone's opinions are valid..

Sometimes. But they are not always sound. Dodgy

you are entitled to your opinion
[Image: moynihan.png]

Belief is not required to enjoy art and the natural world.

Nice one.

I think I like you.

Welcome to TTA. Thumbsup

11-02-2015, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 12:19 AM by CleverUsername.)
Welcome, and you're totally right!

I've always enjoyed the fantasy stuff, including fairies. Bummer none of it exists, but it's still fun.

And I love how the admin jumps on you and starts going on about needing to respect and acknowledge other opinions despite you never saying anything that would imply you were rejecting other opinions.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
12-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Oooo When I was a teen I had this cool wall art piece that was a fairy queen with lots of little fairies and it was lit with green and orange lights. Had another large fairy painting in purples and pinks where she was kinda the clouds and there were like 40 hidden faces in it. Love fairies. The bastards steal my socks, though.

I think I may be one for Halloween this year... It won't be tasteful at all. Big Grin

Welcome!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
16-02-2015, 09:33 AM
(11-02-2015 04:36 PM)TessandraFae Wrote:  Oi vay. What a mess. I'm in a fairy garden group, because as an artist I enjoy making little fairy dolls, clay houses, and whimsical things. It's fun and relaxing. Then admin posts a meme, saying "I believe in fairies. Type I believe if you do too."

Me: of course not. They're beautiful whimsical fantasy characters that represent the youthful wonder of our psyche.

Admin: to believe or not to believe is a personal choice to every single one of us You, in your realm you have defined them.. but in fairness you have to acknowledge everyone else's choices.. you could also be deluded I suggest you read The Book of Enoch and see if you are still relegating into myth what we have been told are true are indeed true.. Giants were a thing of Fairy Tales as well until people began to find out that the true history of them is undeniable.

Admin: Angels existed, they did indeed breed with mankind and all forms were born of them.. The Fae were one of these along with Giants and many other "monsters" as written in The Book of Enoch. I have seen neither fairy nor Angel nor Sasquatch but i am not ever going to say that I know enough about the history of mankind to state anything doesn't exist

Me: Interesting book of Ethiopian Jewish mythology, and it looks to make an awesome fantasy action flick. Doesn't mean it happened. lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
Book of Enoch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Admin: well the same argument is made of the bible.. and it doesn't mean it doesn't exist as I say you are entitled to your opinion.. I suggest too that you read the rules if you suggest anyone else's opinions are not valid.. I am not telling you to believe.. but be extremely cautious about your future comments if you want to stay here.. everyone's opinions are valid.. any sort of comments that are considered derisive will result in removal from channel. This is not a channel for debate but for people to enjoy their beliefs or non beliefs in safety from judgement from others.

Me: Noted. Belief is not required to enjoy art and the natural world.

Spectator: Admin is my new heroin of fb! You go Admin!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!!
Wow. In one breath say all opinions are valid, and then threaten to ban me because my opinion is different. You're the idiot that posted the "do you believe" thread, admin. *grumbles*

I don't have to believe in fantasy to enjoy it, dammit.

Welcome. I wonder if he believes in leprechauns as well? I wonder what his rationale for believing or disbelieving leprechauns would be? Prepare for epic cognitive dissonance if you ask him.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-02-2015, 09:35 AM
(12-02-2015 12:15 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Oooo When I was a teen I had this cool wall art piece that was a fairy queen with lots of little fairies and it was lit with green and orange lights. Had another large fairy painting in purples and pinks where she was kinda the clouds and there were like 40 hidden faces in it. Love fairies. The bastards steal my socks, though.

I think I may be one for Halloween this year... It won't be tasteful at all. Big Grin

Welcome!

No pic, no proof Evil_monster

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
16-02-2015, 12:25 PM
As an atheist you really shouldn't encourage the enjoyment of lies in fantasy and art. Drinking Beverage
16-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(16-02-2015 12:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  As an atheist you really shouldn't encourage the enjoyment of lies in fantasy and art. Drinking Beverage

I'm surprised your head didn't explode or your keyboard melt while typing that. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2015, 12:43 PM
(16-02-2015 12:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 12:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  As an atheist you really shouldn't encourage the enjoyment of lies in fantasy and art. Drinking Beverage

I'm surprised your head didn't explode or your keyboard melt while typing that. Big Grin

Me too!

I think I may have actually went into shock however. Tongue