Atheists do not have a clue!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Atheists do not have a clue!
Why do atheists take everything out of context and think if Christians pray for something it is God's obligation to oblige?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Atheists do not have a clue!
If there is an affirmative case to be made for the existence of god and the veracity of a particular religious viewpoint, by all means lay it on me. I'll listen.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 4 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
26-06-2013, 07:58 PM
(26-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Why do atheists take everything out of context and think if Christians pray for something it is God's obligation to oblige?

Why does he give you issues to pray about and just lets them linger? Does he enjoy the suffering of humans?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
26-06-2013, 08:11 PM
If God doesn't answer prayers, then the world makes sense.

If God answers some, then he is an apathetic asshole for being inconsistent and uncompassionate in his deliverance, considering all the prayers by deserving people that go unanswered, and the insignificant prayers that people claim to have been answered. You can say "He works in mysterious ways that we cannot understand" but that doesn't take away from the fact that he remains an asshole of the greatest sort. Maybe we don't understand his plans, but his system of answering prayers is pretty damned stupid as far as I can see.

You can pray all you want on the off chance that he delivers, but his track record is either piss-poor or non-existent.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 3 users Like Elesjei's post
26-06-2013, 08:12 PM
What is it that we are taking out of context again ?
Prayer, wishful thinking, hocus pocus, or believing in bullshit for no god damn reason.

We don't take anything out of context mister "oh you're not reading those words correctly. What they really mean is something entirely different than what it actually says unless of course it's something that I can use to discriminate and harm other people with, then it says exactly what it says because it's the ever unalterable word of god that has been altered in over 30,000 different versions"

What the fuck are you on about now ?

Is this Mystery Science Theater ? Are we playing 20 questions ?
How many marbles would it take to fill up the empty places in your brain ?
I could give you a clue, but apparently I don't have any at the moment.
I lost all of mine when I stuffed them down the throat of some jack ass theist.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
26-06-2013, 08:18 PM
The whole idea of praying contradicts the idea of God having a grand plan.

The "plan" will be executed exactly as he wants it to. Asking for special favors (e.g.: cure my cancer, save my kitty, etc.) will happen or not happen according to the plan. It's like when you watch a movie. You may want certain events to occur, but that won't change anything since it's already predetermined. Thus making prayer in a planned reality pointless.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
26-06-2013, 08:22 PM
(26-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Why do atheists...

False generalization.

(26-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  ...take everything out of context and think if Christians pray for something it is God's obligation to oblige?

The purpose of prayer is to familiarize the mortal with the divine.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-06-2013, 08:25 PM
There actually is a logical answer, but since none of you are about logic or reason, it is no mystery why none of you morons have a clue.
26-06-2013, 08:30 PM
(26-06-2013 08:25 PM)theword Wrote:  There actually is a logical answer, but since none of you are about logic or reason, it is no mystery why none of you morons have a clue.

Your OP consists of nothing but an overbroad generalization.
"atheists take everything out of context "

Why are Christians ignorant, unthinking idiots? Well, they aren't all. Maybe some are--I mean, we have this thread as good evidence that this type of Christian can exist.
[+] 9 users Like BryanS's post
26-06-2013, 08:43 PM
(26-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Why do atheists take everything out of context and think if Christians pray for something it is God's obligation to oblige?

Are you sure you are praying correctly?

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post