Atheists do not have a clue!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Atheists do not have a clue!
Did somebody say troll?

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cbb2274's post
27-06-2013, 12:36 AM
(26-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Why do atheists take everything out of context and think if Christians pray for something it is God's obligation to oblige?

You again?

Don't you have homework to do or something?

[Image: mrsnail.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Sloane's post
27-06-2013, 02:40 AM
(27-06-2013 12:36 AM)Sloane Wrote:  
(26-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Why do atheists take everything out of context and think if Christians pray for something it is God's obligation to oblige?

You again?

Don't you have homework to do or something?

Pick those tissues up off the floor, you really are disgusting, brush your teeth and go to bed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
27-06-2013, 02:46 AM
[Image: th?id=H.4702642353538474&pid=15.1]

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
27-06-2013, 02:51 AM

Because God's track record for answering prayers is identical to random chance, making God a superfluous factor in the equation. Drinking Beverage

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 4 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
27-06-2013, 09:56 AM
No, that's not the one and only thing that atheists have in common. The real one and only thing is a lack of belief in a god or gods. Given that one thing, atheists certainly don't think a non-existent being has any obligation whatsoever.

However, from the Christian perspective, what's the point of prayer? It's to get results - i.e., a response from God. Without that, prayer has no meaning at all. So it seems to me a Christian should believe God has an "obligation to oblige" at least with some prayers. Otherwise, why pray?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-06-2013, 10:45 AM

Because "ask and ye shall receive" doesn't include any qualifiers such as "but only if it's okay with God". Furthermore, there are other verses in the bible ("even the hairs of your head are numbered") that make it seem that a Christian's concerns are incredibly important to God and will get proper attention. That's putting it into context, not out of it. Only by taking such a phrase out of context ("doesn't your father in heaven know how to give better gifts than even you?") could it possibly sound as if God doesn't want to grant your requests.

But more importantly, if God is not "obligated to oblige" our requests, why do you think Christians pray at all? You don't get to know God any better if the conversation is one-sided, and it isn't for your growth if it's disappointing. Your statement is clearly biased, and you'd recognize the bias if it came from a Muslim defending Allah's apparent lack of response with the same argument that you've given.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2013, 10:51 AM

Actually the real question is : "why do people who pray think they have to remind an omniscient being about what she already knows, she is already going to do" ?
Is she forgetful ?

God has a plan. Quit trying to screw it up with your prayers. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-06-2013, 11:11 AM
(27-06-2013 10:45 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Your statement is clearly biased, and you'd recognize the bias if it came from a Muslim defending Allah's apparent lack of response with the same argument that you've given.

..... he gave an argument?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
27-06-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2013 04:58 PM by fstratzero.)
I think it's funny that believers always come on here with the intention to educate us on religion. Perhaps for some atheists it can be interesting, but for me after being in the faith I know what that life style entails.

Yes people pray in order to get god to change their circumstances. Especially when they are desperate.

However believers do think on some level the stronger their faith the more things god will help them with.

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)
"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:24)

For many christians personal perception, interpretation, and feelings are 9/10ths of what they think god will do or not do.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp