Atheists don't need God to have something to live for!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Atheists don't need God to have something to live for!
One of my Christian family members told me that "Atheists should die because they have nothing to live for by not believing God."

I wish I could just take a toothpick and pop her little "God" bubble that she's been inside of because that is a bigoted and ignorant thing to say!

Heart War Angel Sylia
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sylia Gray's post
02-04-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: Atheists don't need God to have something to live for!
(02-04-2016 10:40 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  One of my Christian family members told me that "Atheists should die because they have nothing to live for by not believing God."

I wish I could just take a toothpick and pop her little "God" bubble that she's been inside of because that is a bigoted and ignorant thing to say!

Replace 'God' with 'Allah', and repeat that right back at them. When they inevitably get offended, tell them 'Precisely the point!' and walk away.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-04-2016, 11:25 PM
IMO she will immediately answer something along the lines of "different paths to God, but you bastards don't believe in *any* God whatsoever". You can't win when their minds are made up already. Just be the nice person that you've always been and let her see that you can live your life without stupid God.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-04-2016, 11:56 PM
(02-04-2016 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  IMO she will immediately answer something along the lines of "different paths to God, but you bastards don't believe in *any* God whatsoever". You can't win when their minds are made up already. Just be the nice person that you've always been and let her see that you can live your life without stupid God.

Take it to the next step, remind her that such a phrase including Allah is a justification used by Muslims to kill those of other faiths, including Christians. That the idea inherent in such an ignorant sentence was on the mouths and minds of every suicide bomber who ever thought they were doing their god's will.

Then ask them if they really think such a bullshit answer gets everyone to the same god.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-04-2016, 12:04 AM
(02-04-2016 11:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  IMO she will immediately answer something along the lines of "different paths to God, but you bastards don't believe in *any* God whatsoever". You can't win when their minds are made up already. Just be the nice person that you've always been and let her see that you can live your life without stupid God.

Take it to the next step, remind her that such a phrase including Allah is a justification used by Muslims to kill those of other faiths, including Christians. That the idea inherent in such an ignorant sentence was on the mouths and minds of every suicide bomber who ever thought they were doing their god's will.

Then ask them if they really think such a bullshit answer gets everyone to the same god.

The Muslims do worship the same God, just a different name. They got it slightly wrong, that's all. The terrorists are not of the True Faith or even the slightly True Faith, they are deluded and of the devil.

Next question Tongue

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-04-2016, 12:17 AM
(03-04-2016 12:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 11:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Take it to the next step, remind her that such a phrase including Allah is a justification used by Muslims to kill those of other faiths, including Christians. That the idea inherent in such an ignorant sentence was on the mouths and minds of every suicide bomber who ever thought they were doing their god's will.

The Muslims do worship the same God, just a different name. They got it slightly wrong, that's all. The terrorists are not of the True Faith or even the slightly True Faith, they are deluded and of the devil.

Next question Tongue

Which the Muslims also say about the Christians.

It's all one big clusterfuck of a tautology.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-04-2016, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 12:55 AM by Szuchow.)
It must be empty life that she is leading if sky daddy is only thing that give her purpose.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
03-04-2016, 02:44 AM
(03-04-2016 12:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Which the Muslims also say about the Christians.

It's all one big clusterfuck of a tautology.

Still, you atheists are totally beyond the pale. You may claim not to worship any God but secretly you do worship the devil, just under a different name like "success" or "money" or "a nice comfortable life".

We'll see about your nice comfortable life when you're rotting in hell!

Also everyone knows atheists are only concerned with themselves and don't give a shit about other people. That's why they persistently try to stop people handing out bibles in schools and other such nonsense. If you're gonna go to hell the least you could do if you were a really nice person would be to not get in the way of those doing God's work to save others, but atheists really *are* servants of the devil and that proves it.

Facepalm I give myself facepalms.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Just tell her that you'll pray for her, and someday if she's very blessed, His Noodley Appendage may reach down and touch her life with the carbs of His Grace.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-04-2016, 06:28 AM
(02-04-2016 10:40 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  One of my Christian family members told me that "Atheists should die because they have nothing to live for by not believing God."

That is absolute bullshit. Here is what I respond with.

You go to a movie knowing it will end, but you still go. You go to a music concert knowing it will end, but you still go. You go to a sporting event knowing one team will win and one team will lose and that also ends, but you still go. You read a book knowing it has a last page. You eat a meal but you don't stay at the restaurant forever. You get a pet cat or dog, they die long before you do and you still end up getting another one.

Saying "this is it" doesn't make one fatalistic. It is just stating a fact of reality. Nobody is scared about the afterlife of a tree or cockroach nor do they dwell about the pre life of a tree or cockroach. Death is part of reality. But to claim that makes us fatalistic is absurd. That is not to say atheists don't have their own ups and downs, we do, and like everyone else, some have it better and some have it worse. But what we don't do is assign any good or bad that happen to magic, or sky heros or ground villains.

I find it insulting to my intellect for believers to claim that somehow we are incapable of any value, and thus somehow reject god claims because we are rebelling or emotional or mentally ill. That is simply flat out bullshit.

I love my Mom deeply, I love my cat, I love my best friend Bob. I love a pretty night time sky, ocean view sunset. I do get depressed sometimes. I do have fear of death, but not for the same reasons. With death, I fear prolonged pain, I fear my loved ones missing me and I missing them. But I do not fear a fictional afterlife anymore than I fear what life was like 1 billion years ago when I didn't exist.

I simply value what I know I have, here and now. I also value what those who will still remember me after I die and hopefully I can leave something positive for those who survive me. But I do not value superstition or magic or old claims. I find lots of good in life without myth making.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Brian37's post