Atheists hate God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Atheists hate God
(21-12-2012 07:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  To which non-existent deity do you refer?

The God that is Existence.

Oh that one.

You're right. I have been known to hate that God. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Erxomai's post
21-12-2012, 09:52 AM
(21-12-2012 06:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  Do you also think we hate centaurs? Or more importantly, do you hate them?

Fuck centaurs; bunch of horny bastards, they are. I guess they can't be blamed for that but still, they don't have to be such arrogant dip shits about it.

I like horses and I like humans, but centaurs can't seem to make up their minds as to what they might be in relation to either. They are about as real as god, fuck 'em.
[Image: Centaur_skeleton.jpg]
Conceptually, it just can't get real, no matter how much someone wants it to be. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-12-2012, 10:02 AM
[Image: created-atheists-atheist-god-religion-1350795575.png]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
21-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I've never understood the statement "Atheists hate god." It's not an argument, it's a provocation. Suppose there is an atheist out there who is at this very moment hating a particular god (because there are quite a few to chose from... yours isn't the only game in town).

Now what?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
21-12-2012, 10:28 AM
(21-12-2012 10:22 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've never understood the statement "Atheists hate god." It's not an argument, it's a provocation. Suppose there is an atheist out there who is at this very moment hating a particular god (because there are quite a few to chose from... yours isn't the only game in town).

Now what?
Now you leave, feeling morally superior and content that you've ruffled the feathers (or so you delude yourself you have) of those despicable atheists, who wallow in darkness and hate existence (whose existence, no one really knows). Then - lather, rinse, repeat.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
21-12-2012, 10:34 AM
(21-12-2012 06:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  From my pantheistic perspective, it seems that most atheists hate God by denial.

I do hope my laugh tracks are seen as legitimate responses, as they perfectly embody my desired response: In this scenario, they serve to perfectly weigh my amusement and my abject dismissal.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-12-2012, 10:35 AM
(21-12-2012 10:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I do hope my laugh tracks are seen as legitimate responses, as they perfectly embody my desired response.
Laugh is healthy, contagious and one of the best things about being human. I totally approve Thumbsup

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
21-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I hate god the same way ants hate Jupiter.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
(21-12-2012 06:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  From my pantheistic perspective, it seems that most atheists hate God by denial.
I also hate Spiderman by denial.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Back to the original post, how do we "hate by denial"?

I deny that 2+2=5. Does that mean I hate 5?

I denied my daughter this week when she asked to have a slumber party while she was grounded. Does that mean I hate my daughter?

I hate brussel sprouts. Does that mean I deny them?

I am not sure denial is synonymous with hate.

I certainly don't hate god, because there is no god. Nothing to hate. I certainly do deny god, or more accurately, I deny that god exists. Any god. I deny Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite, Thor, Odin, Buddha, Vishnu, Shiva, Allah, Qetzalcouatl, and a whole slew of other imaginary gods, but I don't hate any of them, because they're imaginary. And I deny Yahweh without hating him, because he's imaginary.

Now, I do hate religion. Mostly. I'm not much of a hater, so hate may be strong word for me, but I find religion disgusting, repugnant, despicable, and more worthy of hate than just about anything else I can think of. But to me, religion is a bunch of humans making up bullshit to subjugate other humans for their own greedy and/or megalomaniacal self-serving reasons. There is no god in religion, just a bunch of gullible people wanting to believe in an imaginary god. So while I might hate religion, I still don't hate the god they worship, because that god is imaginary.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 6 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post