Atheists hate God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: Atheists hate God
(23-12-2012 10:06 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 06:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  From my atheistic perspective, this makes no sense. What Bucky said.

Do you also think we hate centaurs? Or more importantly, do you hate them?
You beg the question and merely proclaim the "truth." Your unsupported assertion is worthless.
Do you even read what you post? What question did I beg (and for the record, this sentence makes no sense)? And what exactly did I assert? Please, quote my assertion.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-12-2012, 10:39 AM
(23-12-2012 10:08 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Because it does not proceed from a wrong premise that God is distinct from "creation."

I deify Existence. This is warranted by the vastness and complexity of the known cosmos.
Why would you worship the Universe and for what purpose? What do you expect to get in return?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
23-12-2012, 11:43 AM
(23-12-2012 10:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 10:08 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Because it does not proceed from a wrong premise that God is distinct from "creation."

I deify Existence. This is warranted by the vastness and complexity of the known cosmos.
Why would you worship the Universe and for what purpose? What do you expect to get in return?
I did not say that I worship the universe. I said I deify Existence. Everything and anything. Material and non-material. Good and Evil. Being and Nothingness. Real and imaginary.

My pantheist deity is like a good person seeking to overcome expressions of evil. Deified Existence is neither perfect or immutable. This is demonstrated by empirial observation of the cosmos. How many electrons are there in the know universe? How hot is the combined heat or all stars? This is why is warranted to deify existence. My radical ontological argument is impossible to refute because it that act, it presupposes existence in the making of a refutation. Thus the denial of a God defined as Existence is essentially hostile act of irrationality and a subscription to an evil ideology.

My intention is not to "judge" atheists. I am rather stating a philosophical position. Nor do I think of myself on any kind of mission from God. As an educator, I am merely offering my views of God and of atheism. Hence, the hostility that I receive for my philosophical position is misplaced and based upon a misunderstanding of my motives. In othe word, Atheists, don't take it personally.
23-12-2012, 11:53 AM
(23-12-2012 11:43 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 10:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Why would you worship the Universe and for what purpose? What do you expect to get in return?
I did not say that I worship the universe. I said I deify Existence. Everything and anything. Material and non-material. Good and Evil. Being and Nothingness. Real and imaginary.

My pantheist deity is like a good person seeking to overcome expressions of evil. Deified Existence is neither perfect or immutable. This is demonstrated by empirial observation of the cosmos. How many electrons are there in the know universe? How hot is the combined heat or all stars? This is why is warranted to deify existence. My radical ontological argument is impossible to refute because it that act, it presupposes existence in the making of a refutation. Thus the denial of a God defined as Existence is essentially hostile act of irrationality and a subscription to an evil ideology.

My intention is not to "judge" atheists. I am rather stating a philosophical position. Nor do I think of myself on any kind of mission from God. As an educator, I am merely offering my views of God and of atheism. Hence, the hostility that I receive for my philosophical position is misplaced and based upon a misunderstanding of my motives. In othe word, Atheists, don't take it personally.
Interesting that you only address the hostile posts.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
23-12-2012, 11:58 AM
**THIS THREAD IS A WASTE OF BANDWITH. DO NOT FEED THE TROLL**

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-12-2012, 12:01 PM
(23-12-2012 11:53 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 11:43 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  I did not say that I worship the universe. I said I deify Existence. Everything and anything. Material and non-material. Good and Evil. Being and Nothingness. Real and imaginary.

Interesting that you only address the hostile posts.
I had thought that I addressed all replies. Which have I not?
23-12-2012, 12:34 PM
You have addressed everything that you questioned....and with an equivalent grasp of fact and diction

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 2 users Like PeterKA's post
23-12-2012, 12:48 PM
(23-12-2012 12:01 PM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 11:53 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Interesting that you only address the hostile posts.
I had thought that I addressed all replies. Which have I not?
Well, I thought my post (#11) was a pretty neutral attempt at explaining why you may perceive a hate for god that isn't really there. Just seems like when you skip a post that contains a genuine attempt at an explanation, you are just looking for argument. Of course, I could be wrong.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-12-2012, 04:59 AM
(23-12-2012 12:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 12:01 PM)lmbarre Wrote:  I had thought that I addressed all replies. Which have I not?
Well, I thought my post (#11) was a pretty neutral attempt at explaining why you may perceive a hate for god that isn't really there. Just seems like when you skip a post that contains a genuine attempt at an explanation, you are just looking for argument. Of course, I could be wrong.

Oh, you're not wrong. This guy is an obvious troll if he hasn't caught on to what we are all saying.
24-12-2012, 05:38 AM
(24-12-2012 04:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 12:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well, I thought my post (#11) was a pretty neutral attempt at explaining why you may perceive a hate for god that isn't really there. Just seems like when you skip a post that contains a genuine attempt at an explanation, you are just looking for argument. Of course, I could be wrong.

Oh, you're not wrong. This guy is an obvious troll if he hasn't caught on to what we are all saying.
What is a troll?

What are you all saying?

I God is real, then atheists do hate God by a hostile and irrational denial.