Atheists hate God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: Atheists hate God
But seriously....Imbarre, you are probably picking up on the dislike many atheists have for the character "God" as depicted in holy texts like the bible. I dislike god the same way I dislike any fictional character. The Joker is a nasty character. So is god.

The reason behind this is people are not used to someone identifying god as a nasty character. To most it's shocking. So when they hear an atheist express his or her dislike for the character and the principals that character stands for, the offended often read a great deal of vitriol and anger in the atheists words. Often that perceived vitriol is there to a degree, and other times it is entirely absent. The important part though, is that until an atheist says, "I hate god" you shouldn't make assumptions based on an unfounded perception.

Savvy?

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Atheists hate God
To which non-existent deity do you refer?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-12-2012, 07:30 AM
(21-12-2012 07:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  To which non-existent deity do you refer?

The God that is Existence.
21-12-2012, 07:37 AM
So we hate existence? Which existence? Ours? That of others? That of the Universe?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarder├▓."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
21-12-2012, 08:11 AM
(21-12-2012 07:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  To which non-existent deity do you refer?

The God that is Existence.

I am quite disappointed; I expected far more interesting and thoughtful posts from you.

You are welcome to believe without evidence, but don't expect to sway anyone with that kind of argument.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2012, 08:43 AM
(21-12-2012 08:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  The God that is Existence.

I am quite disappointed; I expected far more interesting and thoughtful posts from you.

You are welcome to believe without evidence, but don't expect to sway anyone with that kind of argument.
You mistakenly assumed intelligence? I thought you were an intelli-gent. I am disappoint.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-12-2012, 08:47 AM
So, atheists hate god and god is existence. Which means the definition of god you give is synonymous with the definition of the universe so atheists must hate the universe? Consider Or it could be that your definitions are a play on words and you're whole premise is meaningless and an attempt to be spiteful because you clearly don't mean 'god' like most people mean 'god.'

Let me put my response this way, if a god does exist and it is a deistic god with no relation to those of religious scripture, then I could really care less about that particular being. I neither like nor dislike that...thing.

If it is the god of the bible, or the quaran, or the torah, then fuck that god. I do hate that god. That god is a douchebag who kills people for his mistakes.

Evolve
[+] 7 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Wait... let me see if I get this right...

I think therefore I exist
I exist therefore existence is god
What the fuck?

Well in that case, everything is a god!

You don't believe in my god by denial. The god of CH4 that comes out of my ass. You can't see him, but you'll always know he's there after I chow down on a good burrito. Don't deny him! He is a POWERFUL god, capable of cleansing the area of nonbelievers almost instantly. He is sometimes silent and comes like a thief in the night. Other times he is audible, though no one has ever seen him... there is always a lingering scent of him.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
21-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Imbarre.... I'm embarrassed for your lack of understanding of not only atheism but I'm going to assume most everything else in life.

I'm going to assume you are mentally deficient until I am proven wrong.

Ah yes it must be my hatred of all fairy tales that prevents me from believing that they are true or could it possibly be that my brain uses reason and critical thinking to assess these claims in order to separate fact from fantasy.

I am sorry you are unable to discern fact from fantasy. It really is a wonderful world we live in when you can observe reality without painting fantasy on top of it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
21-12-2012, 09:17 AM
(21-12-2012 06:50 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  But seriously....Imbarre, you are probably picking up on the dislike many atheists have for the character "God" as depicted in holy texts like the bible. I dislike god the same way I dislike any fictional character. The Joker is a nasty character. So is god.
The Joker may be nasty, but he is a fantastic character... God is not. He is pretty shit.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post