Atheists hate God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Atheists hate God
God has no fucking influence in my life or feelings because he doesn't exist. It's so fucking obvious that is pathetic.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 08:20 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
this makes no sence.. can one really hate a fictional character? i can probably think of many characters that are evil and brutal but i dont think i hate them. in fact i kinda like them. the emperor or vader in star wars is an example. the kurgan from highlander is another. in fact these stories whould be pretty crappy without these guys. the bible would also suck(more than it actually does) if it didnt have its evil dictator character. the fact is i kinda like the god of the bible. i mean how boring would the bible be if god was all roses.
with that said if the bible god was real then yes you are correct. i would not like him. who could? thats the thing when fictional characters are evil we tend to enjoy them. perhaps this is because it helps us to explore our own darkside without guilt plus nobody is being hurt. i think generally speaking people dont like actual evil people even if we find them interesting.
06-02-2013, 09:15 PM
It's possible to hate fictional characters. Take for instance movie villians, or antagonists in a story.

It depends on what atheist you are talking about. A life long atheist probably doesn't give two shits, where as an ex-theist might really have some strong negative feelings about being told to love the most contradictory, insane deity ever conceived of, from childhood.

Others simply hate belief systems that cause people to needlessly harm themselves or others.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
If you say it's from a pantheistic view that Atheists hate god... and god is everything, you are saying atheists hate everything... but there isn't a case to be made on that.

You can say Nihilists hate God in your sense and make a better case.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I can't work up enough energy to hate something that doesn't exist.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-02-2013, 12:50 AM
(21-12-2012 06:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  From my pantheistic perspective, it seems that most atheists hate God by denial.
A few words from Harper Lee from "To Kill A Mockingbird" will correct your assertion. He wrote, "Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of another. There are just some kind of men who who're so busy worrying about the next world they've never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” You can not validate hatred through denial when the denial is not present to exist in the first place and you have spent your minutes in life showing passion for the experiences of life and those with whom you share it, however (and there's always a however in life) you can not prescribe the same passion when only in pieces was it used to generate a mutual existence between your fellow species and you spent more time focusing on a deterrence to work only in your favor.

Whether or not it can convince enough people under the same influence as yourself that it is the only kind of existence worthwhile, it does not prove that my own is any less favorable, after all the same assumption can be made on your end that belief in god is defined through denial of hatred towards the lives of those happy enough without the worry of what goes so far beyond time that you waste it worrying about your death's reputation. If both you and I were to flip a coin it would still land on heads or tails, if you and I were both cut we would bleed and demand a band-aid, or if one were not available, use a substitute.

So you can spend all your life, and use your religion solely for genocidal scapegoating but you'll still be doing the same thing everyone else is doing; using gravity and breathing oxygen.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
07-02-2013, 02:17 PM
(21-12-2012 06:30 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  From my pantheistic perspective, it seems that most atheists hate God by denial.

What part of "atheist" do you not understand?

We don't hate your god because we don't believe he exist.

Simple as that.
[+] 3 users Like NoSuicide4Me's post
07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
[Image: dead-horse.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
1. I didn't know that pantheists had elected a spokesperson.
2. Again with what others have noted about it not being possible to hate what doesn't exist.

Godless in the Magnolia State
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
(06-02-2013 09:15 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  It's possible to hate fictional characters. Take for instance movie villians, or antagonists in a story.

It depends on what atheist you are talking about. A life long atheist probably doesn't give two shits, where as an ex-theist might really have some strong negative feelings about being told to love the most contradictory, insane deity ever conceived of, from childhood.

Others simply hate belief systems that cause people to needlessly harm themselves or others.
i agree with exception to the fictional character part. i cant think of one fictional character i hate. especially the bad guys. there may be characters that dont speak to me but i dont hate them.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post