Atheists, if these results are in fact true, would you be afraid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Atheists, if these results are in fact true, would you be afraid?
(23-12-2016 09:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 08:46 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  what do you think of this NDE?
http://www.near-death.com/science/eviden...-days.html

No one is "dead for days" and wakes up. You're either dead or you're not dead.
Period. The end. No one wakes up in a morgue 3 days later. Once in a rare while, a ptient may have a long period of apnea, or asystole. NEVER for 3 days. Your brain starts to die in 3 minutes of no oxygen.

Ok, but what about George Rodonaia's OBE where he is "dead" but hears a baby crying. The baby keeps crying, parents don't know what to do. During his OBE, he goes to another hospital room, sees the baby, and he can converse with the baby. He realizes that the reason why the baby is crying is because his arm is twisted/broken. Later on, after he is revived, he is able to share this with the baby's parents.

Do you think that could be true?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2016, 09:29 PM
My brother flat lined (as the doctor shows say it) while in surgery, He said he saw no bright light or any such, but did smell charcoal and started to get real hot!
23-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I like reading the story about the reverend who, despite being an "aggressive" atheist, was after death given a chance to walk down a hallway with tricky demons and yet had the power over them to drive them back just by saying "God" and then return to the light. That's his account. It fits the theology of Christianity not even a little bit.

And then he claimed to have special powers of divination and prophecy.

Come on...you really can't see what's really going on with that story? No? Great, because God told me to tell you He needs donations.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-12-2016, 09:40 PM
(23-12-2016 09:38 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I like reading the story about the reverend who, despite being an "aggressive" atheist, was after death given a chance to walk down a hallway with tricky demons and yet had the power over them to drive them back just by saying "God" and then return to the light. That's his account. It fits the theology of Christianity not even a little bit.

And then he claimed to have special powers of divination and prophecy.

Come on...you really can't see what's really going on with that story? No? Great, because God told me to tell you He needs donations.

But do you think that the reverend was always religious and just lied about being atheist, or do you think him becoming a reverend was a sham?
23-12-2016, 10:05 PM
(23-12-2016 09:40 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  But do you think that the reverend was always religious and just lied about being atheist, or do you think him becoming a reverend was a sham?

If I had to guess, being from northern Kentucky he was raised in a deeply religious environment, but grew into what I like to call a "Justdontgiveafuckist". A type of atheist, at least in practice, but just as many are believers who just don't care enough to be religious.

Likely, after treating everyone around him like crap and facing death, he saw the amount of religiousness in those around him... and realized he could reconnect socially and become close to them. So he tells a few stories...and they are AMAZED at his claim about why he's joining the flock...so the stories embellish...and his reputation and adoration grow. Might even have started to believe it, himself. The human brain will do amazing things in pursuit of that sense of belonging to a tribe.

It's all about examining motives.

I recommend you look into scientific papers on the subject instead of websites promoting an agenda. Or see if their claims are covered on sites by organizations like CSICOP or whatever they're called now.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
24-12-2016, 06:37 AM
(23-12-2016 09:27 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  Ok, but what about George Rodonaia's OBE where he is "dead" but hears a baby crying. The baby keeps crying, parents don't know what to do. During his OBE, he goes to another hospital room, sees the baby, and he can converse with the baby. He realizes that the reason why the baby is crying is because his arm is twisted/broken. Later on, after he is revived, he is able to share this with the baby's parents.

Let's say it is true... do you think it is more likely that he actually communicated with a baby or that he overheard somebody in the hospital mention the poor little baby with the broken arm and his brain wove that into a dream surrounding the experience? He would not even have to have consciously heard it for it to become part of the fantasy. That's assuming he's not just outright lying for the attention.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-12-2016, 10:32 AM
(23-12-2016 09:27 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 09:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one is "dead for days" and wakes up. You're either dead or you're not dead.
Period. The end. No one wakes up in a morgue 3 days later. Once in a rare while, a ptient may have a long period of apnea, or asystole. NEVER for 3 days. Your brain starts to die in 3 minutes of no oxygen.

Ok, but what about George Rodonaia's OBE where he is "dead" but hears a baby crying. The baby keeps crying, parents don't know what to do. During his OBE, he goes to another hospital room, sees the baby, and he can converse with the baby. He realizes that the reason why the baby is crying is because his arm is twisted/broken. Later on, after he is revived, he is able to share this with the baby's parents.

No it can't be true. NO ONE has OBE's. Whatever the explanation is, it's not about "souls" traveling out of bodies. YOU ARE YOUR BODY. Your consciousness is 100% dependent on your intact functioning brain. It's why ALL severely brain-injured patients can't think and have NO BRAIN function.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-12-2016, 11:36 AM
(23-12-2016 04:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Meanwhile your brain starts misfiring and you see bright flashes....

I passed out. Dead. 5 near death experiences, 2 deaths.

Yeah, talk to me about death. Dodgy

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
24-12-2016, 09:04 PM
The closest thing to scientific investigation I'm aware of, funded by Southampton University.

You can use the search term "Dr Sam Parnia" in youtube and find many discussions on the subject.

None of it is "proven".

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
24-12-2016, 09:47 PM
(23-12-2016 09:27 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 09:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one is "dead for days" and wakes up. You're either dead or you're not dead.

For fuck's sake dude, I already answered this for you a few days ago in another thread. Now this just seems trolly. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]