Atheists in Hollywood
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Atheists in Hollywood
Has anyone else noticed how Hollywood portrays atheists? They usually don't constantly slam it in your face(1408 kind of did), but they like to show atheists as once good little Christians, something bad happens, and they lose their faith. I find it interesting, and how a lot of this has slipped into common misconceptions about us. Atheist is seen as an ugly word, but if you say "I don't believe there is a god" or "I lost my/have no faith", many people see it as a sad thing. Of course this is a complete miss. Anyway, I find it as interesting.

And a side note for the Youtube geeks: DonExodus2 and
NephilimFree will debate on evolution and creationism within the upcoming weeks. Is anyone else thinking about tuning in?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2010, 09:42 PM
RE: Atheists in Hollywood
My history teacher lost his faith in god because his son died at 17.

It's not the only reason people lose faith, however it is a factor in some cases.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2010, 11:52 AM
RE: Atheists in Hollywood
I think Paul Bettany and Jennifer Donnelly should do a movie with an Atheism theme. They did well playing Charles Darwin and his wife in Creation. Plus, Paul is a real-life Atheist, so I'm willing to bet he'd be for it.
Quote this message in a reply