Atheists in the pulpit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Atheists in the pulpit
From the Baptist Press:

"It is hard to think of any other profession which it is so near to impossible to leave." That is the judgment of Richard Dawkins, perhaps the world's most famous living atheist, as he welcomes unbelieving pastors to join the Clergy Project, a group designed to help unbelieving pastors make their way out of the ministry. Apparently, some are not moving out very fast."

http://www.bpnews.net/BPFirstPerson.asp?ID=38634
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 06:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Atheists in the pulpit
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t=poaching

I'm very proud of my previous Poaching the Pulpit, poem, my premier prior poetic production.
I wanna poem prize, please on TTA. If I get a poem prize, I promise not to produce any more.

"Ministers struggling honestly with doubts and struggles are in a different category altogether. Doubt will lead to one of two inevitable consequences. Faithful doubt leads to a deeper embrace of the truth, with doubt serving to point us into a deeper knowledge, trust and understanding of the truth. Pernicious doubt leads to unfaithfulness, unbelief, skepticism, cynicism and despair. Christians -- ministers or otherwise -- who are struggling with doubt, need to seek help from the faithful, not the faithless."

This Mohler dude regularly makes a fool of himself on CNN.

Look at what he just said.
Doubt is doubt.
He is implying that doubt is somehow dishonest, RETROACTIVELY, if it doesn't lead to HIS outcome.
This fool, is drawing a salary as the President of a Seminary. What an amazing fact.

He has a really dumb god. He thinks god doesn't notice if people don't believe, and just say they do. OMf'nG. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: Atheists in the pulpit
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Blablablabla, laberlaberlaber, all lines are busy at the moment, the brain you try to reach is permanently not avaible. We never come together again so young.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.