Atheists losing job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Atheists losing job
Hey

I recently saw a video on youtube.
Apparently atheists were forced to close down their youtube accounts due to pressure from their place of employment. This was due to *drumroll* due to protests from religious fundies.

I seriously want to explode right now.I'll go listen to Slayer-Cult and try to settle down.
Do any of you who post on youtube or know someone who has gone through this ? This to me is a violation of freedom of speech to the highest degree ... Angry

Here's the vid : http://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/user/Vogter2100#p/u/0/JCPPQOqELck
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 12:46 AM
RE: Atheists losing job
I can't get the url to work.
04-11-2010, 04:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Vogter2100#p...CPPQOqELck
This is the URL

No I'm not a bot !!!

Do any of you know the atheist that got suspended ? I don't know all of them on youtube.
04-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Blasphemy!

This is madness!

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
05-11-2010, 01:46 AM
This may be the beginning of the end for the U.S.A. as a world power. Don't blast me for making this statement, nullify the power of those who jeaporodize your freedoms.
05-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Wow, that's horrible. No one to blame but the customers and the employer.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
How is this not a huge violation of rights? Your employer has no say in what you do off the job. Do our beliefs hold any bearing on how well we do our jobs?

No. I say that these people should throw the book at their bosses.
06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
The sad thing is , this happens to anyone that doesn't fit the norm , including GLTB.

Will they start firing jews next because they don't accept Jesus ?!

I agree that you have the freedom to employ and fire people based on your view of them , but there should still be a damned limit.
06-11-2010, 08:16 PM
The actual history of christianity and the bible need to be taught in school so that more kids can avoid being indoctrinated. This may be the only way to combat religious bullshit in an effective way. It will take a few generations before it has a large effect on society. Can we afford to wait any longer?
07-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Has anyone seen that video where the big fat guy freaks out and shouts at all the "13 - 14 year old fucking little kids" who call him fat?

He was threatened by his employer over that video. I don't think it's limited to atheism. Though that said; the contrast between a big rant and a harmless video using facts to disprove religion is massive.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.