Atheists on marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: Atheists on marriage
(07-08-2015 11:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:36 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Maybe. Russian part though is only reason for asking about nationality that I can think of. I doubt that there is something inherently Russian about Cjlr posts Wink

Note that she's Ukrainian, so it would be of interest to her if he were Russian. Just a wee bit of hostility going on between Russians and Ukrainians these days... maybe even worse than atheists and Mormons...

I know that she is Ukrainian but that would be strange reason for asking Cjlr and no one else. I suspect it was Russian letters in user title, otherwise I don't know what other reasone it could be.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 11:51 AM
(07-08-2015 11:47 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Note that she's Ukrainian, so it would be of interest to her if he were Russian. Just a wee bit of hostility going on between Russians and Ukrainians these days... maybe even worse than atheists and Mormons...

I know that she is Ukrainian but that would be strange reason for asking Cjlr and no one else. I suspect it was Russian letters in user title, otherwise I don't know what other reasone it could be.

I'm sure that was the reason. I was just pointing out that she's Ukrainian for those who might not know it (since that's probably why she cares whether or not he's Russian). Sorry if my post came across as criticism or disagreement. No such was intended.
07-08-2015, 11:56 AM
(07-08-2015 11:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:47 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I know that she is Ukrainian but that would be strange reason for asking Cjlr and no one else. I suspect it was Russian letters in user title, otherwise I don't know what other reasone it could be.

I'm sure that was the reason. I was just pointing out that she's Ukrainian for those who might not know it (since that's probably why she cares whether or not he's Russian). Sorry if my post came across as criticism or disagreement. No such was intended.

I don't see any issue with your post so no apologies needed. Even if you were to disagree with me on this particular point still no apologies would be needed Wink Maybe I misread something but I thought you mean that she ask if Cjlr is Russian only because she is from Ukraine so it got me wondering.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Gossip about my usertitle, eh? Heck, that's way more interesting than the nominal topic!
(incidentally, I'm Canadian)

The usertitle is a composite I came up with while bored several years ago, but here goes:
товарищ [tovarisch] - comrade. I used the Russian spelling but it's basically identical in Ukrainian or Belarussian.
大 [dai] - great. Chinese character, shared (as most are) with Korean, Vietnamese, and Japanese.
ἄρχων [arkhon] - leader. This is the ancient Greek form - it was a common title in classical times.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
07-08-2015, 02:11 PM
(07-08-2015 02:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Gossip about my usertitle, eh? Heck, that's way more interesting than the nominal topic!
(incidentally, I'm Canadian)

The usertitle is a composite I came up with while bored several years ago, but here goes:
товарищ [tovarisch] - comrade. I used the Russian spelling but it's basically identical in Ukrainian or Belarussian.
大 [dai] - great. Chinese character, shared (as most are) with Korean, Vietnamese, and Japanese.
ἄρχων [arkhon] - leader. This is the ancient Greek form - it was a common title in classical times.
Thanks for explaining.
I just don't like this word. Marxists use this word instead of word "friend".
If Sanders wins we all will be comrades. Big Grin

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-08-2015, 02:16 PM
(07-08-2015 11:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Just a wee bit of hostility going on between Russians and Ukrainians these days... maybe even worse than atheists and Mormons...
Smile true, very true Russia is enemy #1 for Ukraine.
Romney was right in 2012 about Russia. Obama is stupid. He promised Putin more flexibility. Thanks Obama.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Back from my trip. All went well. Hooray and stuff. I hate St. Louis traffic... well, all big-city traffic, really. Unfortunately, the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers makes for few "just go around it all" routes. Undecided

Pi, here's a good article from the science journal Nature on the subject, to begin your reading, if you're still interested:

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v7/n...n1327.html

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Thank you!
07-08-2015, 04:23 PM
(07-08-2015 11:41 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 10:57 AM)Free Wrote:  Your disclaimer has absolutely to do with what he said, nor does he contradict anything whatsoever in your disclaimer.

Also, in regards to your "scrapping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel IQ award," it certainly doesn't apply to a gifted intellectual such as cjlr, a scientist.

You should take some time to learn and understand who you are speaking to here, as then you will learn that you are among some of the most intelligent people in the world on this forum.

Again, you have no idea how intelligent many of us actually are.

"We are intelligent!"

I wonder how Tywin Lannister would respond to that.

A fictional character could not respond at all.

One more thing ...

Your signature at the bottom of your posts uses the plural of "We."

Question: If Allah is one god, who then are the "We?"

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
07-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Also useful, though if you want me to look up more you'll have to ask more specific questions, as it can be pretty exhausting to screen for free versions of the journals, online. Here's one published for free by the National Institutes of Health, about correlates between research from Voles (in which we first identified the gene for monogamous attachment) and human/male behaviors:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2533683/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post