Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service
Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service (Raw Story)

Just exactly what the headline says.

In Boston. LIBBERUL central, right? Not Jesusland.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2013, 07:55 AM
RE: Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service
(27-04-2013 07:29 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service (Raw Story)

Just exactly what the headline says.

In Boston. LIBBERUL central, right? Not Jesusland.

Another bombing inspired by religion--solution to that is to turn more to...religion.

Ignorant fucking bastards.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
27-04-2013, 08:20 AM
(27-04-2013 07:55 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Another bombing inspired by religion--solution to that is to turn more to...religion.

Ignorant fucking bastards.

Same God. No wonder. And atheists are to-be-converted people to those infighting brothers and sisters.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
27-04-2013, 09:38 AM
(27-04-2013 08:20 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Same God. No wonder. And atheists are to-be-converted people to those infighting brothers and sisters.

It's only the same god if the god really exists.

Otherwise it's different figments of different imaginations, at least one per believer.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2013, 10:15 AM
This just goes to show once more that religion has no place in a world where we have nuclear weapons.

To what lengths will opposing religions go to get rid of those they can't convince of their nonsense? To what lengths will they go to defend their irrational believes brought forth without evidence?

The fact that two Russians were inspired to bomb innocent people by nothing but religious text is truly frightening. This isn't however an issue concerning islam alone. The roots of irrational believes lead people to irrational behavior, no matter the religion. Just look at the intolerance presented in the OP's post...

And people ask us atheists why we are so diligently fighting the religions of the world...

I'd say to avoid having children be torn to pieces by bombs is a pretty darn good answer...

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Author of Earthborn - The Eternal War. A dystopian tale of a battle between reason and faith, mankind and survival.

Large free sample available on http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/306721
[+] 1 user Likes Earthborn's post
27-04-2013, 10:35 AM
(27-04-2013 10:15 AM)Earthborn Wrote:  This just goes to show once more that religion has no place in a world where we have nuclear weapons.

To what lengths will opposing religions go to get rid of those they can't convince of their nonsense? To what lengths will they go to defend their irrational believes brought forth without evidence?

The fact that two Russians were inspired to bomb innocent people by nothing but religious text is truly frightening. This isn't however an issue concerning islam alone. The roots of irrational believes lead people to irrational behavior, no matter the religion. Just look at the intolerance presented in the OP's post...

And people ask us atheists why we are so diligently fighting the religions of the world...

I'd say to avoid having children be torn to pieces by bombs is a pretty darn good answer...

EXACTLY. Or to avoid having a baby burned alive over believing it to be the future anti-Christ is another good one!!
But to the article; was it just that there were no atheist "representatives" at the podium, or someone said something out loud? I'll re-read it, but it sounded like the lady was just peeved that she &/or her organization's presence wasn't acknowledged. If so,....don't expect Mayors, or Governors wishing to be re-elected to piss off voting Christians, but that's another thing. Obama, though. Even if he IS religious, it'd be nice to hear a "welcome" given to a secular group attending a memorial/vigil.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Honestly, I need more facts than this article gives before I can judge the situation one way or the other. It says nothing about why they were excluded and it may have had nothing to do with atheism at all for all we know. I would also want to know if everyone else that wanted to be involved was included or were some others also excluded. Maybe they were trying to limit the numbers for time reasons and they chose who they specifically wanted to participate rather than excluding who they didn't want. I also think it was inappropriate to be asking the President to advocate for them. The President has far more important things to deal with.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
27-04-2013, 11:10 AM
(27-04-2013 10:58 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Honestly, I need more facts than this article gives before I can judge the situation one way or the other. It says nothing about why they were excluded and it may have had nothing to do with atheism at all for all we know. I would also want to know if everyone else that wanted to be involved was included or were some others also excluded. Maybe they were trying to limit the numbers for time reasons and they chose who they specifically wanted to participate rather than excluding who they didn't want. I also think it was inappropriate to be asking the President to advocate for them. The President has far more important things to deal with.

I have important things to do, too, but it takes so very little of my time to say welcome to everybody who shows up at my party/function/whatever. It'd only take a single sentence at a gathering of peoples. Particularly since atheists are capable of grieving over a friend who lost both her legs in the explosion. But your right; why were they "excluded"? May not have been!

27-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow, what bastards.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
27-04-2013, 12:09 PM
(27-04-2013 11:10 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I have important things to do, too, but it takes so very little of my time to say welcome to everybody who shows up at my party/function/whatever.
I read that differently. I don't think they were asking Obama to say a word for atheists in his speech - in fact, I'd be surprised if he acknowledged any specific group among the victims. I think they were asking him to influence the organizers of the service to allow the Harvard Humanists to be able to have a spot among the speakers.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair