Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service
Of course they excluded them. If they let them in, they'd have to seriously address the central question, which they ALL have, but won't admit.

"If there really IS a god in charge of things, how/why did she let this happen ?"

They can't face their own one central question.
Easier to play : "Oh all is everything nice and fluffy. Jebus loves me, this I know."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes, well... Angel the Lord giveth and the Lord ... uh ... well... the Lord pretty much fucking ignoreth. Dodgy

This is a really good article about Sydney and Celeste Corcoran who were seriously injured by one of the bombs. Celeste is a volunteer for the Harvard Humanist Community - she eventually lost both her legs below the knee. Notice toward the end of the article, they talk about wanting to find the heros to thank them personally for saving Sydney's life.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-04-2013, 04:20 PM
(27-04-2013 07:29 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Atheists shocked at exclusion from bombing memorial service (Raw Story)

Just exactly what the headline says.

In Boston. LIBBERUL central, right? Not Jesusland.

... shocked?

.... SHOCKED???

This is "grind your teeth at life's perpetual injustice and groan under the ever-present stone of religious bigotry." It's about as shocking as learning that someone, somewhere, is going to die in the next year. (Not a specific person, just one or more out of the whole Earth's population.)

When we've actually swept the country clean of such discrimination, THEN we can be shocked that it's reared its head.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
27-04-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm not shocked, I'm just disappointed.
28-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Meh. Whenever there's a platform, there's somebody to build a pulpit.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user