Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?
(28-12-2013 10:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 06:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  If you water an apple tree with apple juice, is that cannibalism?

When I feed my macaw a turkey leg, is that cannibalism?

* I TELL her it is, whether it's true or not. She just looks at me.....

No, that is a different species. Your macaw is fine.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
29-12-2013, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 02:34 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
RE: Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?
Religion isn't the only moral....
It all comes down to when humans are made of metal, and have digital souls.
Then I will decide to eat ...
If this doesn't make sense, I forgive you... the point is really obscure.
Also no, humans have so many parts that don't digest well /aren't good for you.
Personally, I would choose to run on solar power instead... I have dreams of a bot world.
Again, is this person my friend, and, only hell actually exists, when you die, you do not exist. You are not. You enter oblivion, endless nothing. You have no conciousness. Moral is defined by nothing, anything that happens happens. But you can refrain from doing these things. It is not physically "wrong" to do this, but you can refrain. You don't need morals, you just need to take away people's lust for carnage. Just because you don't have a religion doesn't mean you just want to do "bad" things.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
29-12-2013, 05:56 AM
RE: Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?
We actually carry a gene that makes us immune to a specific disease that can only be caught from eating human brain tissue. This would indicate to me that cannibalism, while abhorrent socially today, was a large part of our ancestors diet.

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
29-12-2013, 07:27 AM
RE:
(29-12-2013 05:56 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  We actually carry a gene that makes us immune to a specific disease that can only be caught from eating human brain tissue.
[Citation needed]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-12-2013, 03:22 PM
SO glad I picked this thread as one of my first to read upon joining this forum today... I LIKE YOU GUYS. The SNARK. It makes me TINGLY.
[+] 3 users Like KellyK's post
29-12-2013, 03:57 PM
How come lions, elephants, penguins and countless other animals don't go around killing each other, and they don't even know what the hell the concept of a God is, yet we need to go spending all this time praising some invisible sky daddy to keep us from being cannibals? Seems like we got the short end of the stick on that one.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
29-12-2013, 06:42 PM
(29-12-2013 03:22 PM)KellyK Wrote:  SO glad I picked this thread as one of my first to read upon joining this forum today... I LIKE YOU GUYS. The SNARK. It makes me TINGLY.

That's how I could tell I was going to fit right in.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-12-2013, 06:47 PM
From an economy standpoint I don't think it's very efficient. Lets assume that we're not talking about murdering someone to eat them, but simply a natural or accidental death. As we have so many people who are in need of organ transplant or how immensely the donation of cadavers can help medical research I think it is far more practical.

Besides that evolution has built into me a strong aversion for such activity. I can't condemn it in survival situations or if it is something consented to by the individual and their family, but I'm a bit perturbed by it.
29-12-2013, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 07:53 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(29-12-2013 06:47 PM)natachan Wrote:  From an economy standpoint I don't think it's very efficient. Lets assume that we're not talking about murdering someone to eat them, but simply a natural or accidental death. As we have so many people who are in need of organ transplant or how immensely the donation of cadavers can help medical research I think it is far more practical.

Besides that evolution has built into me a strong aversion for such activity. I can't condemn it in survival situations or if it is something consented to by the individual and their family, but I'm a bit perturbed by it.

I don't know about atheists.. but I do know a communist will eat another human, and on a community and nationwide level too.

It has happened before, during famines ect... and the ones before WW1 were even more horrendous...

One would have to look into the Bolsheviks and Lenin to see the rise of the "bloody history of communism"

it's unimaginable to contemplate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pzMHD0F4yQ

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
29-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Not a fan of communists, so their actions do not concern me.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post