Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 04:40 AM
RE: Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?
(30-12-2013 07:53 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Citation needed]

^ Mead S, Stumpf MP, Whitfield J, et al. (April 2003). "Balancing selection at the prion protein gene consistent with prehistoric kurulike epidemics"
Published in 2003 in Science Magazine
Thanks. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?

[+] 4 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
22-01-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?
[Image: atheism2.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2014, 04:41 AM
You are making the same assumption my boss made in thinking atheists are afraid of god. God does not exist for me. I do not fear something that does not exist. So I am now outside your rules.

Because I would not appreciate my neighbor killing me, I would not kill my neighbor. Humans are social animals. We have certain instincts about behavior that allow us to live together, survive, and flourish, barring of course, the occasional genetic or psychic blunder. Therefore, I would not kill a human being to eat. I have no qualms if under certain catastrophic circumstances, such as the Andes incident, humans find the need to eat the dead to survive. I may partake under those circumstances.

Cannibalistic societies ate their foes to gain something supernatural from them; such as, power over them. Many of these societies sacrificed their enemies and even their own and ate their flesh to appease their god or gods. Most likely the one up from sacrificing and eating your enemy is animal sacrifice.

In conclusion, some humans today cannibalize; it is a derangement, mentally ill, and far from common.

Religion created cannibalism, getting something supernatural from eating a tribal foe or sacrificing your enemy and neighbor for favors from god/s.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles