Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2013 02:03 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
RE: Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?

And on another note:

[Image: 69142_377281285691424_1156999422_n.jpg]

So, since you are afraid of god, why are all you theists still practicing cannibalism? Shocking

(...And you know who you are. And so does Gawd) Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-12-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?
(25-12-2013 01:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  .

Well, technically...it's only cannibalism if she swallows.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
25-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Based on what you said, of course it is not immoral to eat it. It is not like the person was killed just to be food.

99% of people, atheist or not, would not eat dead human flesh because it's not a norm in our culture (most anyways)

That simple.
25-12-2013, 02:54 PM
(25-12-2013 02:03 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 01:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  .

Well, technically...it's only cannibalism if she swallows.

The reason the "rhythm method" is an abysmal failure for contraception is because small amounts of sperm are released pre-ejaculation.

Thus, STILL cannibalism FTW. Thumbsup

25-12-2013, 03:53 PM
[Image: babies_delicious.jpg]

25-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Well, just another drive-by theist. So sad. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-12-2013, 07:28 PM
As the one legged man said "Self cannibalism is really just narcissism taken to it's ultimate conclusion"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
26-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Might just be one of THE dumbest thread titles I've seen since I got here.

Evil_monster

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
26-12-2013, 11:04 AM
KAE seems to be saying he/she is afraid of god. Weird. So, now god is moonlighting as the boogie man?

I'm usually not afraid of a figment of someone else's imagination. Oh, and I'm a vegetarian. So, piss off. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Look, morality is subjective. I remember an example in my philosophy class that made this point very clear. The example was based on a tribe that practised killing their parents at the ages of 25-30. This was because they believed that you enter the afterlife in the condition you left the living. So they want to be young for eternity. This is perfectly normal for them.

I think the question in the thread title is asinine. I feel this way because it assumes that there is a link between the acknowledgement or lack thereof for a god and strange dietary choices. I fail to see the impetus behind such a question beyond plain ignorance of what it means to be atheist.

One of the things that makes cannibalism an awkward subject is the fact that we identify with one another as humans. From an early age we understand that other children are just as real as us. They too have feelings of joy and happiness. They too have feelings of sorrow, regret, pain and longing. Now just as you wouldn't eat your own flesh, it is a strange idea to most people that they should entertain the flesh of others on the menu. That is/was somebody's mother, father, son or daughter. We simply do not identify with live stock as we do with ourselves.

As human beings we are altruists and we derive feelings of satisfaction when we do something good for someone. We experience guilt when we do something bad to another. The idea of eating someone is linked with doing harm to another and this doesn't sit well with our programing. Not withstanding my opening paragraph this is my point on general/universal morality on this topic.

I would not eat the flesh of another.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."