"Atheists...take this wholly than thou bullshit perspective"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: "Atheists...take this wholly than thou bullshit perspective"
I left that thread 2 weeks ago when he failed to adress anything I pointed out and continued repeating the same phrase and building the same strawman over and over again.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 04:20 PM
(08-01-2014 04:18 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I left that thread 2 weeks ago when he failed to adress anything I pointed out and continued repeating the same phrase and building the same strawman over and over again.

At this point I believe it's just an endurance race. The circle has no end.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-01-2014, 10:51 PM
(08-01-2014 03:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hey I just met you. And this is crazy! But here's my number. So call me maybe.

---no reason.

Really?? Really?? REALLY??? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-01-2014, 01:27 AM
(08-01-2014 10:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 03:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hey I just met you. And this is crazy! But here's my number. So call me maybe.

---no reason.

Really?? Really?? REALLY??? Tongue
Before you came into my life, I miss you so bad. I miss you so bad! I miss you so so bad!
--
Is there a problem here? Tongue No

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-01-2014, 01:44 AM
(08-01-2014 03:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah cuz I love it when people who never met me tell me how I think.
Weeping

(BTW I think you may have meant "holier than thou" .. I need to research that. The "thou" just might have originally meant to be Jebus, in which case its "Thou". Surly our *beloved* grammar Nazis can figure that one out. Tongue

*Surely.

09-01-2014, 02:55 AM
(08-01-2014 03:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah cuz I love it when people who never met me tell me how I think.
Weeping

(BTW I think you may have meant "holier than thou" .. I need to research that. The "thou" just might have originally meant to be Jebus, in which case its "Thou". Surly our *beloved* grammar Nazis can figure that one out. Tongue

Thou is old English from the cromwell era and it means you. Cromwell and his puritans refused to use the distinction between thee and thou in polite conversation. They both mean you. Thou infers that the person whom you are addressing is your inferior and was used contemptuously by the working class roundheads to deliberately patronise and piss off the royalists. Amongst themselves they used the word thee as it infers humility and equality.

In my region, the north east of England and stretching down to Yorkshire, the old words can stlll be implied in slang.

Holier than thou, is sarcastic, as in he/she/I thinks they are spiritually superior but it drips with sarcasm! I love old and middle English! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
09-01-2014, 03:12 AM
(09-01-2014 01:27 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 10:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Really?? Really?? REALLY??? Tongue
Before you came into my life, I miss you so bad. I miss you so bad! I miss you so so bad!
--
Is there a problem here? Tongue No

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post