Atheists who fear hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Atheists who fear hell
(24-01-2015 11:55 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sorry, but when you die you RIP.....Rot In Peace. But, hell there's nothing so bad about that. Look on the bright side, you'll turn into a tree or flowers, maybe a tomato. Thumbsup

I will be cremated, and then my ashes will be mixed into a bag with soil, and a seedling will be placed into the bag, and we will be planted into a forest.

And that tree that grows will be me!

Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2015, 03:30 PM
I keep telling my family not to waste any money on me when I'm dead... Just pitch me in the dumpster....

I'll be too dead to notice...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-02-2015, 04:28 PM
(14-02-2015 03:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I keep telling my family not to waste any money on me when I'm dead... Just pitch me in the dumpster....

I've always thought the whole mortician business was kind of sick. It feels like ghouls making a fortune off the suffering of others.
I think I'll go to a body farm. I haven't made a contribution to science and I doubt I will in my life. Perhaps I can in death.
14-02-2015, 04:43 PM
(14-02-2015 04:28 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 03:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I keep telling my family not to waste any money on me when I'm dead... Just pitch me in the dumpster....

I've always thought the whole mortician business was kind of sick. It feels like ghouls making a fortune off the suffering of others.
I think I'll go to a body farm. I haven't made a contribution to science and I doubt I will in my life. Perhaps I can in death.

As a kid raised in a Catholic town, I spent too many hours in funeral homes traipsing past the preserved bodies of people I knew. I also found it quite creepy. Especially since the two funeral homes were actually homes with families living in them....EEEEKKKK! One of my classmates was in that category.

All the way back to the mummies of Egypt, and I am sure elsewhere and before, there has been some need to keep a dead person appearing as they did alive. I find it a disturbing practice.

When my first husband died his parents has him all laid out for the wake and funeral. Standing there while my then mother-in-law talked about how good he looked was just too much.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I think I may have already attended my last funeral.
14-02-2015, 06:28 PM
(14-02-2015 05:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  I think I may have already attended my last funeral.

Actually the last funeral anyone will ever attend is always their own.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-02-2015, 06:34 PM
(14-02-2015 06:28 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 05:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  I think I may have already attended my last funeral.

Actually the last funeral anyone will ever attend is always their own.

Big Grin

Not necessarily.
14-02-2015, 06:42 PM
(14-02-2015 06:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 06:28 PM)Free Wrote:  Actually the last funeral anyone will ever attend is always their own.

Big Grin

Not necessarily.

You're right. We have the following possibilities:

1. There could be no funeral at all.

2. Some freak could take your dead body or ashes to someone else's funeral.

3. Jesus could come back at the moment you died and resurrect you to eternal life.

Personally, I favor # 2.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Free's post