Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-09-2015, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 09:44 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
RE: Atheists who work out
(24-09-2015 10:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Well, I think there is something to be said about not being very 'good' at certain things, and for me, atheism was one such thing. lol The struggles that I've had over the past two years, have been real. Not earth shattering, I can't get out of bed struggles but...just a sense of longing for my faith life. But, logically...I don't believe what I once did, and know that faith is not based on logic. Last week, something happened to me, and it led me back to faith. I can't explain it, but...I'm tired of the struggle, and for now, going to see where the path leads. I've made nice friends on here, hopefully you will still accept me. I won't turn into an annoying theist who tries to convert you. lol

Anywho, just wanted that off my chest.

Have been running all week, the gym to follow this weekend. Just have been too lazy to drive my car up to the gym after work. But, my running has been going great. Happy Friday!!! Heart

I hope it wasn't twenty rep squats. I know Mark Rippetoe said "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in," but I always thought that was just hyperbole... Blush

Seriously though, Hug

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-09-2015, 04:35 PM
(24-09-2015 11:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Of course! We'll always accept you. Hug You have to follow the path that feels right for you whether it's atheism or something else. Heart

You are so dear, thank you. Heart

(25-09-2015 12:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Of course! We'll always accept you.

ty Heart
i'd tell you all what caused this change, but it's partially been an up and down thing, but something 'happened' last week...you will think it's all in my head though. Laugh out load

how hilarious to have come to this side too, because when i was religious before, i had no clue how atheists though. now i do. Big Grin and it's all good, actually. you come to learn that not everyone is like richard dawkins (never was a fan) lol

Quote:Nevar! She must be punished! A sensuous massage should teach her the error of her ways Failing that we may have to resort to stronger measures.

Consider i would have done this sooner had i known. Laugh out load

Quote:Deidre, you know us You're one of us now, not because you're an atheist but because you're a friend. We know you're not the evangelical type, and that's my only real objection to religion - well the only one I can think of at the moment.
yes, i'm not that way. i am so glad to know you are here for me, still. Hug

(25-09-2015 12:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nevar! She must be punished! A sensuous massage should teach her the error of her ways Failing that we may have to resort to stronger measures.

Deidre, you know us You're one of us now, not because you're an atheist but because you're a friend. We know you're not the evangelical type, and that's my only real objection to religion - well the only one I can think of at the moment.

Plus, we still need your hotness and motivation in the Workout thread Yes It wouldn't be the same without you Sad
[/quote] Laugh out load hugs youuuu ...speaking of hotness. Big Grin

(25-09-2015 11:12 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Have been running all week, the gym to follow this weekend. Just have been too lazy to drive my car up to the gym after work. But, my running has been going great. Happy Friday!!!

I hope it wasn't a twenty rep squats. I know Mark Rippetoe says "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in," but I always thought that was just hyperbole...

Seriously though, Hug
[/quote] lmao i laughed so hard, that's great. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
25-09-2015, 04:38 PM
not sure what happened to the quotes up dere. :/

25-09-2015, 09:02 PM
(25-09-2015 04:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  not sure what happened to the quotes up dere. :/

I have trouble adjusting the quotes in pm's too. Wink I'm glad you are going to be sticking around Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Deidre, Heart you always Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
25-09-2015, 11:10 PM
(25-09-2015 09:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 04:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  not sure what happened to the quotes up dere. :/

I have trouble adjusting the quotes in pm's too. Wink I'm glad you are going to be sticking around Big Grin

love your new avatar Yes Heart thank you ((hugs))

(25-09-2015 09:19 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Deidre, Heart you always Hug

oh nurse Heart Hug

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
26-09-2015, 08:34 AM
(25-09-2015 11:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 09:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I have trouble adjusting the quotes in pm's too. Wink I'm glad you are going to be sticking around Big Grin

love your new avatar Yes Heart thank you ((hugs))

(25-09-2015 09:19 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Deidre, Heart you always Hug

oh nurse Heart Hug

Thank you Smile I love this avatar pic of me and my dog. He always photobombs my selfies Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-09-2015, 11:22 AM
(24-09-2015 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  This is the one I saw her (Avivit Cohen) in and I fangirled Heart

i plan on cross training krav maga when i take capoeira.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
26-09-2015, 12:41 PM
(26-09-2015 11:22 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  This is the one I saw her (Avivit Cohen) in and I fangirled Heart

i plan on cross training krav maga when i take capoeira.

I've wanted to take krav maga for awhile. I found the krav maga institute--it's not that far from me, it would be cool to take classes there if I end up staying in CA.

26-09-2015, 03:07 PM
At the Krav Maga Institute near me, I noticed on their website that there is a female instructor who gives private lessons. While I would like to take these classes for fun and for a work out--I primarily am interested in them as a form of self-defense. From the standpoint of self-defense--would there be any advantage to having a female instructor over a male instructor? Or a male instead of a female? Do you think I could really protect myself with these moves in a real world situation?