Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Taking my first krav maga class this weekend. My instructor looks a lil intimidating Confused *yikes*

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-10-2015, 07:37 PM
(08-10-2015 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Taking my first krav maga class this weekend. My instructor looks a lil intimidating Confused *yikes*

That's a good thing Smile

'Murican Canadian
08-10-2015, 07:54 PM
(08-10-2015 07:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 07:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Taking my first krav maga class this weekend. My instructor looks a lil intimidating Confused *yikes*

That's a good thing Smile

I'm hoping my yoga background will help with balance, strength, coordination etc. I also took kickboxing classes in the past and karate when I was a kid. So hopefully, all will go well and maybe someday I can kick ass like Avivit Cohen. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Okay, so I've had a migraine for like three days now, and today was almost as bad as when it started. It's not that 'time' (sorry tmi) so not sure what this is about. I'm thinking I consumed too much sugar this week, not a lot on average but I don't eat a lot of sugar anymore and I wonder if that could be the culprit. So annoying, it stops you from being productive. Weeping

Be true to yourself. Heart
10-10-2015, 04:25 PM
(10-10-2015 03:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Okay, so I've had a migraine for like three days now, and today was almost as bad as when it started. It's not that 'time' (sorry tmi) so not sure what this is about. I'm thinking I consumed too much sugar this week, not a lot on average but I don't eat a lot of sugar anymore and I wonder if that could be the culprit. So annoying, it stops you from being productive. Weeping

Hug I hope you feel better soon!

10-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Down 17 pounds from mid July: aerobic capacity better, lifting more, better balance/flexibility. Why do I still feel so flabby/fat??? Annoying. Refuse to believe it's the extra wine this week plus a night of Mexican. Will blame on the change redistributing fat into odd places.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
10-10-2015, 05:26 PM
(10-10-2015 04:55 PM)julep Wrote:  Down 17 pounds from mid July: aerobic capacity better, lifting more, better balance/flexibility. Why do I still feel so flabby/fat??? Annoying. Refuse to believe it's the extra wine this week plus a night of Mexican. Will blame on the change redistributing fat into odd places.

Wow good for you! You shouldn't feel flabby/fat, you sound like you are doing great!

10-10-2015, 05:59 PM
(10-10-2015 05:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 04:55 PM)julep Wrote:  Down 17 pounds from mid July: aerobic capacity better, lifting more, better balance/flexibility. Why do I still feel so flabby/fat??? Annoying. Refuse to believe it's the extra wine this week plus a night of Mexican. Will blame on the change redistributing fat into odd places.

Wow good for you! You shouldn't feel flabby/fat, you sound like you are doing great!

I'm definitely proud of making some positive changes and seeing the results… I think the problem is that I used to be in REALLY good (fitness model-level) shape. Of course, at that point in my life I had the time to teach 20 exercise classes per week and work out on top of that, which I do not now. Somehow the closer I get to a decent level of fitness, the farther away from it I feel. It's kind of like when you stop doing something for a while, you start again and at first you just feel kind of great, and then the critical sense kicks in and you realize how far you have to go to regain your old skills.
10-10-2015, 07:22 PM
(10-10-2015 05:59 PM)julep Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 05:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Wow good for you! You shouldn't feel flabby/fat, you sound like you are doing great!

I'm definitely proud of making some positive changes and seeing the results… I think the problem is that I used to be in REALLY good (fitness model-level) shape. Of course, at that point in my life I had the time to teach 20 exercise classes per week and work out on top of that, which I do not now. Somehow the closer I get to a decent level of fitness, the farther away from it I feel. It's kind of like when you stop doing something for a while, you start again and at first you just feel kind of great, and then the critical sense kicks in and you realize how far you have to go to regain your old skills.

I know what you mean, I used to be in extremely good shape as well from teaching exercise classes plus working out on my own on top of that. I still consider myself to be in pretty good shape--but nowhere like I was. At this point in my life, I'm kind of happy to have a Sofia Vergara-like body as opposed to a "model skinny" athletic body that I used to have and needed to work extra hard to maintain. I like drinking wine and eating sweets and junk food on occasion. I used to avoid all of that stuff. I'm much happier now. I also find I get more attention now from the opposite sex having toned curves than I did when I had a more athletic body.

I am sure you will get yourself back to where you once were if you keep working hard--especially since it sounds like you know what you are doing from having a background in fitness. It'll just take a little time, but you will get there. Smile

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
11-10-2015, 12:26 AM
(10-10-2015 07:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It'll just take a little time, but you will get there. Smile

That's what she said...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post