Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-10-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(13-10-2015 07:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 06:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Seven days without fighting makes me weak though.

I thought you did it a few times a week for some reason. I can see why you are missing it then Thumbsup

Glad you understand.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Worked out at lunch time, it was nice having it done before I finished my work day. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
13-10-2015, 09:39 PM
(13-10-2015 08:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 07:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I thought you did it a few times a week for some reason. I can see why you are missing it then Thumbsup

Glad you understand.

Yeah, I would not be happy if I could not do yoga everyday.
14-10-2015, 08:49 AM
(13-10-2015 08:59 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Worked out at lunch time, it was nice having it done before I finished my work day. Big Grin

It is nice to get workouts out of the way earlier in the day. I usually workout in the morning by doing yoga at my house or going to a 6am class. I also like to do something at night after work like take another yoga class or more recently, practice some krav maga, or sometimes I just do a night run down my street with my dog for a few miles. I'm really bad at sitting still for too long Hobo
14-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I've been trying this new thing lately called "getting enough sleep," and it's amazing! Some of the benefits I've notices are that I have more energy, more mental clarity, improved mood, get more done and make better food choices. Have you guys tried it? How it works is that you go to bed early enough that you can get 7.5 - 9 hours of sleep before you have to get up the next day... Tongue

Seriously though, I have a bad habit of burning the candle at both ends, relying on coffee to get through the day, and catching up on sleep on the weekends. I get can get a lot of work done on that schedule but it's really not conducive to kicking ass in the gym or recovering afterward. No

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
14-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Sleep time is the only time everyone leaves me the hell alone Tongue It is, therefore, way to valuable to waste on sleeping.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-10-2015, 12:57 PM
(14-10-2015 12:28 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I've been trying this new thing lately called "getting enough sleep," and it's amazing! Some of the benefits I've notices are that I have more energy, more mental clarity, improved mood, get more done and make better food choices. Have you guys tried it? How it works is that you go to bed early enough that you can get 7.5 - 9 hours of sleep before you have to get up the next day... Tongue

Seriously though, I have a bad habit of burning the candle at both ends, relying on coffee to get through the day, and catching up on sleep on the weekends. I get can get a lot of work done on that schedule but it's really not conducive to kicking ass in the gym or recovering afterward. No

I need 8 hours of sleep to be completely productive. I usually end up getting about 5-6 hours though, which is not enough for me. Part of the problem is that while I no longer share a room/bed with my ex, I do still share a room/bed with four dogs and a cat. Hobo I have a lab mix and cat that are my pets, but the other three dogs which are my ex's (a Rhodesian Ridgeback and two German Shep mixes--one of which who weighs over 100 lbs) have followed me down the hall and into my bed. Not really conducive for sleeping Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-10-2015, 08:02 PM
(14-10-2015 12:28 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I've been trying this new thing lately called "getting enough sleep," and it's amazing! Some of the benefits I've notices are that I have more energy, more mental clarity, improved mood, get more done and make better food choices. Have you guys tried it? How it works is that you go to bed early enough that you can get 7.5 - 9 hours of sleep before you have to get up the next day... Tongue

improved mood and improved mental clarity...yes. agree. i love sleep Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Earlier, ran sprints oooooh yea!! Went surprisingly well. I say surprisingly, because it's always hit or miss with sprints. Some days, I'm pumped, and run like crap. Tonight, I didn't even plan sprints, and I had speeeed.

Moral of the story...run like you don't care. Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
14-10-2015, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 08:40 PM by yakherder.)
Last workout for a few days. I have a fitness test on Sunday and I always give myself exactly 3 days recovery beforehand, with the exception of a light warmup jog the morning of. I suppose I should probably do that sleeping thing you all keep talking about as well.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post