Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(31-10-2015 12:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 10:23 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I love animals but when I go for a run, it's irritating to run past people whose dogs are not on leashes, and the dogs are big and potentially dangerous. And the dogs look like they are going to come after me. I'm so tired of it. Because I take the same route, these are neighbors of mine so I don't want to make a huge deal, but I should be able to go for a run out of my neighborhood without fearing a dog is going to chase me because his/her owner doesn't have them on leashes. Angry

I agree about dogs on leashes. I used to live in a loft in the city and the building had its own private dog park. While the dog park was off leash, getting to it from the building was not. It always amazed me how many people just let their dogs run free without leashes on the way to the dog park. Their dogs would start shit with my dogs who were on a leash. It is really hard to control a leashed dog when another dog comes at them not on a leash. Now living out country, the only time I let my dogs off leash is in the dog park or when I take them hiking on an off leash trail. It is common courtesy for people to keep their dogs on a leash. I'm sorry your neighbors aren't more responsible with their dogs.

I'm glad you posted this. The dogs themselves aren't safe, so not sure what the owners are thinking. If the dog sees another dog, he may just dart across the street and get hit by a car, etc It is very irresponsible. Upsets me when I see it ...

Today, woke up not feeling so good. People at work have been sick, hoping I don't end up with a virus or anything. No

Happy Halloween TTA Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
31-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Have a question for you all - when you're not feeling well, headache/aches/sore throat/no fever - do you still work out? I feel bad that I didn't work out today. In part, I didn't feel well, but I also was busy.

[Image: mQo0v40.gif]

Doggie treadmill Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
01-11-2015, 10:35 AM
(31-10-2015 11:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Have a question for you all - when you're not feeling well, headache/aches/sore throat/no fever - do you still work out? I feel bad that I didn't work out today. In part, I didn't feel well, but I also was busy.

OMFSM, so cute! I think it's good to rest from workouts when you're not feeling well. I don't workout when I'm sick--unless it's to do yin yoga--a more gentle form of yoga.

I hope you feel better soon!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-11-2015, 11:24 AM
(01-11-2015 10:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 11:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Have a question for you all - when you're not feeling well, headache/aches/sore throat/no fever - do you still work out? I feel bad that I didn't work out today. In part, I didn't feel well, but I also was busy.

OMFSM, so cute! I think it's good to rest from workouts when you're not feeling well. I don't workout when I'm sick--unless it's to do yin yoga--a more gentle form of yoga.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you jenny Hug I'm feeling a little better today, and thought of a short run, maybe sweat out some toxins? Unsure

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Feeling slightly guilty for going "off menu" for Halloween weekend.

Back to the fold today.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
01-11-2015, 12:04 PM
(01-11-2015 11:38 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Feeling slightly guilty for going "off menu" for Halloween weekend.

Back to the fold today.

Meh, a day here and there isn't 'bad.' Often, we gain a lb from a weekend binge and it's water weight. Getting back on track immediately, and it's like it never happened.

Candy companies are Evil_monster

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
01-11-2015, 12:05 PM
(01-11-2015 11:38 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Feeling slightly guilty for going "off menu" for Halloween weekend.

Back to the fold today.

Guilt = Cortisol which just makes cheating worse.

So if you go "off menu," you might as well let yourself enjoy it. Yes

If I excel at anything, it's giving myself a pass for dietary indiscretion.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
01-11-2015, 12:38 PM
I figure if I let myself cheat occasionally I won't feel so bored the rest of the time. Lol
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM
I ate like a pig Wink
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
01-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Went for a run today, and it was just ok. I think there's a bug still lurking in me, hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow. Hate going to work not feeling well. I then had a yummy protein shake, and thinking of butternut squash for dinner later. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post