Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-11-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(06-11-2015 05:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 05:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  that looks like so much fun!!! YesBig Grin

How tall are you, Deidre? Laugh out load

Laugh out load 5'5''

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-11-2015, 06:42 PM
(06-11-2015 03:41 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm going for a run, got done with work early, and it's been an awesome week! Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I'm one of those people who needs to be in a good mood to work out. lol I have worked out in a bad mood, and my mood has turned around as we know exercise is good for that, but my workouts are even better when I'm in a good mood. Just more focused.

Happy Friday! Banana_zorro

For me it's not so much the mood as the music. GIven the right workout music, I'm pumped!

And I love the most awful disco-et 80s and 70s tunes, those are the ones that do it for me. I have okay musical taste everywhere but working out, give me a good disco beat and I'm happy…
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-11-2015, 08:20 PM
(06-11-2015 06:42 PM)julep Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 03:41 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm going for a run, got done with work early, and it's been an awesome week! Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I'm one of those people who needs to be in a good mood to work out. lol I have worked out in a bad mood, and my mood has turned around as we know exercise is good for that, but my workouts are even better when I'm in a good mood. Just more focused.

Happy Friday! Banana_zorro

For me it's not so much the mood as the music. GIven the right workout music, I'm pumped!

And I love the most awful disco-et 80s and 70s tunes, those are the ones that do it for me. I have okay musical taste everywhere but working out, give me a good disco beat and I'm happy…

haha that's funny. whatever works, yes? Big Grin

i like songs that have few words or no words...just endless beats like a strong fast dance mix...

sometimes i run with no music, but i need music at the gym.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-11-2015, 11:04 PM
(06-11-2015 05:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 05:20 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Are these for actual couples, or just one male and one female?

Just one male and one female. I have seen pics of two females doing the same poses--but honestly, I'd feel safer doing them with a guy due to the fact that they have greater body strength and you are relying on your partner to stay steady. And I'm also kind of tall--5'6''-- so I think a guy would be better than a female due to my height, unless I found a woman who was taller than me.

Surely your preference for a guy doesn't have a basis in anything else, now does it? Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
07-11-2015, 12:04 AM
(06-11-2015 03:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  On a side note, I would love to find a guy to do yoga with because there are a lot of cool "couples" poses that would be fun to try.

[Image: 373356_178011655615934_2111655407_n1.jpg]

[Image: steve-ettinger-shares-how-to-make-the-mo...rkouts.jpg]

[Image: original.jpg]

[Image: Partner-Yoga-Pose-Sequence.jpg]

Suddenly yoga looks much more fun. I wonder how many poses the average couple makes it through in a session before it transforms into not yoga.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-11-2015, 12:43 AM
(07-11-2015 12:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 03:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  On a side note, I would love to find a guy to do yoga with because there are a lot of cool "couples" poses that would be fun to try.

[Image: 373356_178011655615934_2111655407_n1.jpg]

[Image: steve-ettinger-shares-how-to-make-the-mo...rkouts.jpg]

[Image: original.jpg]

[Image: Partner-Yoga-Pose-Sequence.jpg]

Suddenly yoga looks much more fun. I wonder how many poses the average couple makes it through in a session before it transforms into not yoga.

I'm sure Jenny would be more than happy to run some tests on that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
07-11-2015, 09:02 AM
(06-11-2015 11:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 05:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just one male and one female. I have seen pics of two females doing the same poses--but honestly, I'd feel safer doing them with a guy due to the fact that they have greater body strength and you are relying on your partner to stay steady. And I'm also kind of tall--5'6''-- so I think a guy would be better than a female due to my height, unless I found a woman who was taller than me.

Surely your preference for a guy doesn't have a basis in anything else, now does it? Tongue

Tongue No, just that. Hobo Of course, it would be nice if he was also intelligent, funny, active, adventurous, and willing to do all the crazy things I want to do in my life Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-11-2015, 09:21 AM
(07-11-2015 12:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  

If you are attracted to each other, probably not very long Wink

I think just trying to get up into the poses can be fun though (until you get good at it). A lot of the videos I've seen usually involve people completely falling over each other, but they look like they are having fun and that is an important part of doing yoga.

Here's a couples yoga fail at the 3:06 mark.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-11-2015, 09:26 AM
(07-11-2015 12:43 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 12:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Suddenly yoga looks much more fun. I wonder how many poses the average couple makes it through in a session before it transforms into not yoga.

I'm sure Jenny would be more than happy to run some tests on that.

Yak is very cute, but he has a girlfriend to try all those poses with Tongue

I would love doing some yoga tests with a boyfriend Hobo
07-11-2015, 09:31 AM
(07-11-2015 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 12:43 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'm sure Jenny would be more than happy to run some tests on that.

Yak is very cute, but he has a girlfriend to try all those poses with Tongue

I would love doing some yoga tests with a boyfriend Hobo

My girlfriend has no interest in that kind of stuff. We mostly just annoy each other with our incompatibilities between taking care of the kids. Maybe some day when my kids are old enough to not require constant attention and my girlfriend and I finally break up, I'll get around to finding someone I actually have something in common with Tongue That does look like a blast. But for the time being, my workouts, yoga related or not, are solo.

'Murican Canadian