Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-11-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(16-11-2014 12:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't work out but I want to start, I look like a pregnant man Sadcryface2. Have an exercise bike which I think I'll start using and maybe go for runs when it becomes summer again. I would die if I tried to run in Michigan winter.

Why run, do interval training, burns as many calories and with half the time, hell you can do two if you want.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
16-11-2014, 12:46 PM
(16-11-2014 12:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 12:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't work out but I want to start, I look like a pregnant man Sadcryface2. Have an exercise bike which I think I'll start using and maybe go for runs when it becomes summer again. I would die if I tried to run in Michigan winter.

Why run, do interval training, burns as many calories and with half the time, hell you can do two if you want.

Because I don't know what interval training is.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-11-2014, 01:17 PM
(16-11-2014 12:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 12:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why run, do interval training, burns as many calories and with half the time, hell you can do two if you want.

Because I don't know what interval training is.

You basically do non stop workouts until the time is up, I lost it but one workout was only 10 minutes but was the equivalent of playing a entire hockey game.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-11-2014, 02:23 PM
back from the gym, oh man I should have eaten again an hour before I left, Fing wrung out like a crack addict after a week long binge.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
16-11-2014, 03:50 PM
(16-11-2014 01:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 12:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Because I don't know what interval training is.

You basically do non stop workouts until the time is up, I lost it but one workout was only 10 minutes but was the equivalent of playing a entire hockey game.

Sounds tough

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-11-2014, 03:57 PM
(16-11-2014 03:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 01:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You basically do non stop workouts until the time is up, I lost it but one workout was only 10 minutes but was the equivalent of playing a entire hockey game.

Sounds tough

It is, and I add capoeira to it.

17-11-2014, 03:55 PM
(16-11-2014 03:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 01:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You basically do non stop workouts until the time is up, I lost it but one workout was only 10 minutes but was the equivalent of playing a entire hockey game.

Sounds tough

If you're just looking to lose weight and get fit I'd avoid this kind of thing - it's very likely to result in injury. Once you've got yourself into regular exercise then you can consider tough workouts but for now, important to be patient and regular, more than worrying about how fast you're going, how much weight you're losing etc.

Just try to make sure you make those few minutes every week (initially, extend it as time goes by), don't *overdo it*, get enough sleep, and try to eat reasonably healthy food - I shall not provide a def of what healthy food is 'cos it's easier to say what it ain't - pizza & coke.

Of course if you try to force yourself to never eat another pizza again it's just not gonna work, so same trick as with the exercise, you have a certain amount of leeway built in for cheating in your diet - think of it as rewarding yourself. OK so *if* I do this exercise routine today *then* I can have a treat later. Just be careful not to reward yourself too much Wink

Other thing is, this will take a bit of time to show results, but you'll start to feel better after a few weeks.
- You have better, more regular sleep patterns.
- You feel more alive, literally.
- Eventually fat starts to come off, but don't expect it to happen all at once.
- Weight is a bad thing to measure since muscle actually weighs more than fat, so you may *increase* in weight - if you are overweight though, you will lose some. But the primary thing you look for is how your body *looks* rather than weight. Also you can calculate your BMI as a rough idea of how fit you are - plenty of tools for that on the web.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-11-2014, 05:16 PM

(((hugs))) Maybe join a gym? I find that to be incredibly helpful and motivating. Diet is the key though to it all. If you work out, but don't change your diet, you won't see your hard work come to fruition...but you already know this, I'm sure. I'm just ...repeating it. Big Grin Angel

Find something you Heart to do, and start out slow. Eventually, it will be something you look forward to. I like Zeke's idea of interval training.

Be true to yourself. Heart
17-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I now do an ab workout every morning Sleepy

17-11-2014, 05:24 PM
(17-11-2014 05:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I now do an ab workout every morning Sleepy

show off!

just kidding! Laugh out load

In all seriousness, that's awesome, Zeke.

Be true to yourself. Heart