Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-11-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(07-11-2015 09:31 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yak is very cute, but he has a girlfriend to try all those poses with Tongue

I would love doing some yoga tests with a boyfriend Hobo

My girlfriend has no interest in that kind of stuff. We mostly just annoy each other with our incompatibilities between taking care of the kids. Maybe some day when my kids are old enough to not require constant attention and my girlfriend and I finally break up, I'll get around to finding someone I actually have something in common with Tongue That does look like a blast. But for the time being, my workouts, yoga related or not, are solo.

It is very hard being in a rship when you are not compatible people. As you know, I've been there myself. I hope things get better for you guys.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Well, I'm finally back doing my four yoga classes a week and two ballet classes. I was nailed with a couple of colds after my sinus surgery and that further sidelined me. I'm working on my balance which was lost with my constant sinus infections. Last week I was doing pique turns and got all wobbely and dizzy. I'm not on pointe either so it should be easier. Grrrr.

Oh. Here's what a pique turn is.

Welp. Off to ballet. It ends up being 2 1/2 hour class when a pre warm up to the warm up is included. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-11-2015, 10:21 AM
(07-11-2015 09:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 09:31 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend has no interest in that kind of stuff. We mostly just annoy each other with our incompatibilities between taking care of the kids. Maybe some day when my kids are old enough to not require constant attention and my girlfriend and I finally break up, I'll get around to finding someone I actually have something in common with Tongue That does look like a blast. But for the time being, my workouts, yoga related or not, are solo.

It is very hard being in a rship when you are not compatible people. As you know, I've been there myself. I hope things get better for you guys.

This relationship talk is boring, so jenny when are you breathing fire.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-11-2015, 10:34 AM
(07-11-2015 10:21 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 09:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It is very hard being in a rship when you are not compatible people. As you know, I've been there myself. I hope things get better for you guys.

This relationship talk is boring, so jenny when are you breathing fire.

This? I did it yesterday in yoga class Big Grin It looks silly but it's very energizing. Here's a youtube video of a woman doing it for those of you who don't know what it is.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-11-2015, 10:53 AM
I've got one year until my oldest is old enough to get started in the children's classes at either the Brazilian jiujitsu place nearby or the Krav Maga place I go to downtown. He can be my workout buddy Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-11-2015, 11:01 AM
(07-11-2015 10:53 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've got one year until my oldest is old enough to get started in the children's classes at either the Brazilian jiujitsu place nearby or the Krav Maga place I go to downtown. He can be my workout buddy Smile

Awww that's so cute! Thumbsup I think it's good to get kids interested in exercise at a young age.
07-11-2015, 11:02 AM
(07-11-2015 10:09 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I'm finally back doing my four yoga classes a week and two ballet classes. I was nailed with a couple of colds after my sinus surgery and that further sidelined me. I'm working on my balance which was lost with my constant sinus infections. Last week I was doing pique turns and got all wobbely and dizzy. I'm not on pointe either so it should be easier. Grrrr.

Oh. Here's what a pique turn is.

Welp. Off to ballet. It ends up being 2 1/2 hour class when a pre warm up to the warm up is included. Tongue

Ballerinas are so graceful--they always make things look so easy because they have such fluid movement--but of course, it takes a lot of strength and control to dance like that.
07-11-2015, 11:51 AM
(06-11-2015 03:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  On a side note, I would love to find a guy to do yoga with because there are a lot of cool "couples" poses that would be fun to try.

[Image: 373356_178011655615934_2111655407_n1.jpg]

[Image: steve-ettinger-shares-how-to-make-the-mo...rkouts.jpg]

[Image: original.jpg]

[Image: Partner-Yoga-Pose-Sequence.jpg]

When you get back to Massachusetts ... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-11-2015, 11:51 AM
(07-11-2015 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 10:21 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This relationship talk is boring, so jenny when are you breathing fire.

This? I did it yesterday in yoga class Big Grin It looks silly but it's very energizing. Here's a youtube video of a woman doing it for those of you who don't know what it is.

No likea dragon.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-11-2015, 12:02 PM
(07-11-2015 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 10:21 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This relationship talk is boring, so jenny when are you breathing fire.

You gotta move that prana around and illuminate your skull from the inside! Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post