Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-11-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Agreed. I'm certainly not anti gym, that's more just personal preference. Don't know how much I can bench, but I do know how much I can load in my ruck and still make my way up a rope.

Like Matazoa Zeke, I'm just anti using not having gym access as a reason not to work out. We all have our preferences, but ultimately resistance is resistance whether it comes from free weights, a bag of rocks, or your own body weight.

If anyone has any specific goals they're not sure about, lay it out and I'll tell you how to accomplish it using minimal, easily improvised equipment.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2014, 01:04 PM
So my arms are super sore, yet I still want to do a chest workout. These are the problems I face every day.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-11-2014, 12:46 PM
I had one of the best runs I've had in a long time yesterday and ran 14 miles. Lately, since my calf pull and achilles tendon problems, I've been running slower at a 10 min/mile pace to make sure I rebuild muscle strength without re-injuring anything. So I set out to run the 14 miles at that pace, but was finding it difficult to hold back. About a 9:15 pace actually seemed easier so I decided not to fight it and continued at that pace.

Around 3 miles I looked at the end of the road in front of me and noticed it was shifting left and right slight which meant that it was really me that was shifting in my running and wasting energy and forward momentum. So I tried to focus on making it still, but was only partly successful. After awhile, my mind wandered and I stopped trying.

Around 10 miles, I suddenly noticed that I was feeling great. My running was effortless, I wasn't tired at all, and I looked at the end of the road and it was still! My GPS watch showed I was now running at a 9:10 pace. 2 miles later, Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself started playing on my playlist. I have that song in my running playlist because it supposedly plays at 180 beats per second which is supposed to be the perfect running cadence. So I decided to try to keep up. I ran at that cadence for the whole song which brought my pace down to 9:08.

I finished feeling great and my average pace for the run was 9:10. I waited until today to post this because sometimes injury pain doesn't show up until the next day. But I'm happy to report that, except for some normal soreness, everything seems to be fine. I assume that means I'm fully healed and don't have to be quite as cautious anymore. Woohoo! Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-11-2014, 01:18 PM
(23-11-2014 12:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I finished feeling great and my average pace for the run was 9:10. I waited until today to post this because sometimes injury pain doesn't show up until the next day. But I'm happy to report that, except for some normal soreness, everything seems to be fine. I assume that means I'm fully healed and don't have to be quite as cautious anymore. Woohoo! Smile

Awesome man Smile I also got some good running in this weekend... race this morning. I cramped at the end but still got what I thought was a decent time so I'm happy Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-11-2014, 02:57 PM
(23-11-2014 01:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  Awesome man Smile I also got some good running in this weekend... race this morning. I cramped at the end but still got what I thought was a decent time so I'm happy Smile

Thanks. I'm glad to hear you were happy with your race. Congratulations. Thumbsup

I've never had to deal with cramping while running, but I've occasionally had cramps on the bottom of my foot and in a calf muscle while not running and it's painful.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-11-2014, 08:37 PM
my arms are on fire.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-11-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm just recovering from a cycle of my neurological troubles, so I'm starting up again with bodyweight stuff, some weight vest, and some dumbbells. Pushups are seriously giving me a bad time... But I still find A set of 30 pull ups effortless, which is likely more useful in real world situations.
27-11-2014, 11:28 PM
(27-11-2014 08:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  But I still find A set of 30 pull ups effortless, which is likely more useful in real world situations.

Lol. I can't even do one Tongue I'm so weak on my upper body that it's a joke...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-11-2014, 11:37 PM
(27-11-2014 11:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 08:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  But I still find A set of 30 pull ups effortless, which is likely more useful in real world situations.

Lol. I can't even do one Tongue I'm so weak on my upper body that it's a joke...

but you can runThumbsup

28-11-2014, 12:06 AM
(27-11-2014 11:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  but you can runThumbsup

Yup Big Grin So when all you ninjas heave over the horizon with your chiselled abs I'll be long gone Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post