Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-11-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(20-11-2015 06:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 06:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Go to a local yoga studio, tell them you are a newbie. Take a beginner class. Most studios have yoga prop rentals (i.e block, strap, mat etc.). But definitely call ahead to make sure. You can also easily buy your own for under 50 bucks. Definitely use yoga props (block/strap) as a newbie. Wear comfortable clothes that breathe and you can move easily in.

Damn, i am too poor.

Do you have ten bucks to put towards it a month? If so--you can go to gaiam tv and take unlimited yoga classes online. I use it myself when I'm not going to the studio. It's an awesome site!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-11-2015, 09:13 AM
(20-11-2015 06:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 04:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't know where to start though

Go to a local yoga studio, tell them you are a newbie. Take a beginner class. Most studios have yoga prop rentals (i.e block, strap, mat etc.). But definitely call ahead to make sure. You can also easily buy your own for under 50 bucks. Definitely use yoga props (block/strap) as a newbie. Wear comfortable clothes that breathe and you can move easily in.

Yoga props:

[Image: ac75ef81df22a6677a39cc60b094f4c0.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-11-2015, 09:18 AM
(21-11-2015 09:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 06:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Go to a local yoga studio, tell them you are a newbie. Take a beginner class. Most studios have yoga prop rentals (i.e block, strap, mat etc.). But definitely call ahead to make sure. You can also easily buy your own for under 50 bucks. Definitely use yoga props (block/strap) as a newbie. Wear comfortable clothes that breathe and you can move easily in.

Yoga props:

We only use the iron maiden in the advanced classes Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-11-2015, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 04:26 PM by jennybee.)
Just got back from indian restaurant. Chana masala, naan, veggie samosas...So good!! Drooling Definitely need to work out now Tongue

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-11-2015, 05:24 PM
After three days of traveling I got back into a gym today and feel much better. I’m always surprised how the more I work out the more the body craves it.

[Image: tumblr_m0s3e6tJD51qbzahao1_r1_500.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
21-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Did one hour kundalini yoga. Now going for a run with my dog to burn off some of the indian feast I had for lunch Wink

21-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Haven't worked out today or yesterday, my friend passing has been rough. Sad Her funeral was today, and while it was a beautiful service and great to see family and friends, it still sucks that she's gone. She was only in her 20's.

Tomorrow, a run is in order, no matter what.

Be true to yourself. Heart
21-11-2015, 08:19 PM
(21-11-2015 09:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Yoga props:

[Image: ac75ef81df22a6677a39cc60b094f4c0.jpg]

the iron boot. wonder what that's about. Consider

21-11-2015, 08:28 PM
(21-11-2015 08:17 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Haven't worked out today or yesterday, my friend passing has been rough. Sad Her funeral was today, and while it was a beautiful service and great to see family and friends, it still sucks that she's gone. She was only in her 20's.

Hug

21-11-2015, 10:57 PM
(21-11-2015 08:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 08:17 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Haven't worked out today or yesterday, my friend passing has been rough. Sad Her funeral was today, and while it was a beautiful service and great to see family and friends, it still sucks that she's gone. She was only in her 20's.

Hug

Hug Heart

thank you for all your contributions to this thread, jennybee...i've done yoga and used to do it more regularly, but you have me wanting to make it a regular thing again. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post