Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-11-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(21-11-2015 10:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 08:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug

Hug Heart

thank you for all your contributions to this thread, jennybee...i've done yoga and used to do it more regularly, but you have me wanting to make it a regular thing again. Yes

Awesome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Went to the gym today, and while I still felt sad, I managed to channel those emotions into a workout. A great workout, I might add.

Deadlifts, squats, cable rows, tricep and bicep sets, and some kettle bell rows. It was fun. Never do you ever hear someone say, 'I wish I hadn't done that workout.' Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
22-11-2015, 08:03 PM
My sports hernia is gone.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-11-2015, 08:08 PM
(22-11-2015 08:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My sports hernia is gone.

Glad you are feeling better. Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-11-2015, 09:24 PM
(22-11-2015 04:36 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Never do you ever hear someone say, 'I wish I hadn't done that workout.' Big Grin

I said that once.

A couple years ago on the leg press machine I lowered the weight too far and popped a rib. I still wish I hadn't done that workout. No

But other than that, you're right. No matter how much I don't want to work out ahead of time, I'm glad I did when I'm done.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
22-11-2015, 09:27 PM
(22-11-2015 09:24 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 04:36 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Never do you ever hear someone say, 'I wish I hadn't done that workout.' Big Grin

I said that once.

A couple years ago on the leg press machine I lowered the weight too far and popped a rib. I still wish I hadn't done that workout. No

But other than that, you're right. No matter how much I don't want to work out ahead of time, I'm glad I did when I'm done.

lol oh no! in that case, i stand corrected. there could very well be times when one might say...''i shouldn't have done that workout.'' Big Grin

Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
22-11-2015, 09:29 PM
(22-11-2015 09:24 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  

I said that once.

Gasp Hug

22-11-2015, 10:18 PM
(22-11-2015 09:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 09:24 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I said that once.

lol oh no! in that case, i stand corrected. there could very well be times when one might say...''i shouldn't have done that workout.'' Big Grin

Hug

lol!? Thanks a lot. Tongue

Anyway, what makes it worse is that leg presses weren't even part of the plan that day! I wanted to do squats, but the gym only had one squat rack and it was occupied, so I made a substitution instead of waiting. That'll teach me... Sadcryface

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
22-11-2015, 11:25 PM
I'm hungry Sad I need to go grocery shopping. Trader Joes was packed and I couldn't find a parking spot. So I said Fuck it. But now I'm hungry blah Hobo

Did an hour of yoga. Had Krav Maga class. My muscles are sore today. Probably do some restorative yoga poses tomorrow.

23-11-2015, 05:57 AM
(22-11-2015 08:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 08:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My sports hernia is gone.

Glad you are feeling better. Smile

I will work myself into another one.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube