Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-11-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(28-11-2014 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 11:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  but you can runThumbsup

Yup Big Grin So when all you ninjas heave over the horizon with your chiselled abs I'll be long gone Tongue

sounds much better than arm painTongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 04:47 AM
I wish I could find the motivation to start working out. I've found it once or twice in my life, but I can never keep it up.

I just feel that unless I devote my life to it, it won't have any results.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
28-11-2014, 05:11 AM
I've done some work out in the past but I stopped (stupid me). Now I feel a bit lazy about it. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-11-2014, 07:02 AM
(28-11-2014 04:47 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I wish I could find the motivation to start working out. I've found it once or twice in my life, but I can never keep it up.

It *is* a lifestyle, rather than just a hobby, I find... But you can get into it gradually. The trick (for me anyway) is not to *force* yourself every day to get up and work out - if you do that you end up not enjoying it. So you need to start with light exercise and only increase the workouts slowly. It helps to maintain your motivation if you can find a friend to do it with too. If you've committed to your friend then you will be much less likely to roll over and go back to sleep when you've got a workout planned.

Another trick is to enter an event. I entered a half-marathon when I first started running. I was terrified that I was gonna pitch up and not finish it, which made me quite disciplined about training. In the end I ran it even though I felt that I wasn't quite ready and it was fine.

I think the major problem if you're new to this kinda thing though is just not knowing how far you can push yourself, how much is too much, how much is too little - that stuff, if you can find either a more knowledgeable friend or a trainer, is also possible to overcome.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Some people just have fantastic genes, and can do nothing and look great as long as they remain active to some degree and eat healthy. Then there are the rest of us that in order to make a significant difference in our bodies and to be able to override our genetic predisposition, we must take drastic measures for a consistently long period of time to make meaningful change.

For example, my natural weight is about 130 lbs at 6 foot 1, I have a very small skeletal system frame and used to get sick weekly. To be healthy and 210 lbs with 18 inch arms and a 47 inch chest has required for me to be obsessively focused on eating constantly, supplementing bi-hourly, working out daily...for years....just to break 200 lbs...if I stop, my body literally eats itself, I drop weight like a dress on prom nite...sucks. If I was a girl, cool, I could eat whatever I want and be skinny, but I am a guy, and I like being strong, it matches my personality traits, I am overly assertive, and when I wear my Good Without God tshirt publicly in this church heavy, bible thumping state (Virginia) riddled with delusion, no one approaches me with anything derogatory to say Big Grin

Find your passion, something you enjoy doing, and eat lean....weight is irrelevent really, it is about being healthy, and feeling good about yourself. I like being almost 46, and looking good in my birthday suit Laughat ...well, if the lights are off anyway buahahaha Laugh out load

NO but seriously, be happy, be healthy, live long Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-11-2014, 07:42 AM
(28-11-2014 04:47 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I wish I could find the motivation to start working out. I've found it once or twice in my life, but I can never keep it up.

Here is my advice

A) Treat it like a hobby. Don't sit and think I must do it, just when you bored go fuck it working out seems fun

B) Just don't obsess about how your body looks, just workout, even if you don't see any change, I can tell you that your strength will come.

C) Martial Art, take one

Well that is it from me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-11-2014, 10:05 AM
I'd love to do some martial arts. I did Tae Kwon Do when I was little but... nope.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-11-2014, 10:31 AM
(28-11-2014 10:05 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I'd love to do some martial arts. I did Tae Kwon Do when I was little but... nope.

Meh, Mauy thai, capoeira, krav maga, and jui jujitsu is what I recommend.

28-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Even if my health returned 100%, I'd never start bodybuilding again. 230lbs and not even 5'9" was just insane. I have never felt better than when I was 175 and jogging/biking 5 times a week. I just ran everywhere, just because I wanted to... Running to or from my car, through the office or dock @ work, while shopping in the mall, dodging the slow folk with epic agility... feels so good. Master your ass; master your mass.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
28-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Having seen pictures of you, I'd say you'd better get started 'cause you are soooooo fat. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user