Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-11-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(27-11-2015 12:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Been a while since I posted. Lost another three kilograms since last time. My weight is now spot on 90 KG.

Awesome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Went to yoga this morning. It made me feel much better. I actually didn't over eat yesterday but then there's still a lot of leftovers. Grrrrr.

I may take a walk around 6:30 in the evening if the cold East winds don't blow too hard. I don't like to eat late in the evening. Six o'clock is about my cut off time. I like to wake up in the morning with a bit of hunger because I find it more invigorating, then I eat a fairly light breakfast. My biggest meal is at lunch time. I'm weird, I know.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-11-2015, 04:01 PM
(27-11-2015 03:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Went to yoga this morning. It made me feel much better. I actually didn't over eat yesterday but then there's still a lot of leftovers. Grrrrr.

I may take a walk around 6:30 in the evening if the cold East winds don't blow too hard. I don't like to eat late in the evening. Six o'clock is about my cut off time. I like to wake up in the morning with a bit of hunger because I find it more invigorating, then I eat a fairly light breakfast. My biggest meal is at lunch time. I'm weird, I know.

No yoga yet for me. Going to class later though. Ate like a pig yesterday. I didn't eat much today though--still full from yesterday. I think I'm going to go for a run later too.

I usually just have a latte in the am. I'm usually not hungry when I first wake up, probably because I'm still half asleep and am not a morning person. I usually eat breakfast at like 10:30 or 11am and lunch at 2 or 3 and then maybe a snack later on and then a late dinner.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-11-2015, 04:10 PM
The public gym in the town I’m visiting is great. $5 per visit.
Geared towards the everyman and not bodybuilders, has all the machines, some free weights and has next door an indoor basketball court and heated pool.

We worked out doing the circuit, 3 sets per machine, superset two exercises at a time and added either crunches, jumping jacks or leg lifts in between. 45 minutes of intense workout then a pickup game with the local kids. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-11-2015, 07:49 PM
90 minutes yoga. My ponytail holder broke half way through class so I had to tuck my hair into my sports bra, it was a look let me tell you Wink

I think I'm going to go for a run later and make a healthy stir fry for dinner.

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
27-11-2015, 10:36 PM
I've just emerged out of a food coma...omg. I probably need to run a marathon everyday for a week to burn off the calories from yesterday. Big Grin

Maybe not a whole week. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
28-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Ran today, roughly 4 miles. I was a wee bit sluggish, most likely because of the holiday feast. Big Grin
Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend? Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
28-11-2015, 08:05 PM
(28-11-2015 07:13 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Ran today, roughly 4 miles. I was a wee bit sluggish, most likely because of the holiday feast. Big Grin
Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend? Smile

Good so far Smile Went out for bagels for breakfast. Went to yoga class. Watched a movie and ate popcorn and candy Wink Now making some dinner. Friend coming over in a bit to go for a run. I think I might do some holiday shopping later.

Going to Krav Maga class tomorrow. Errands. Then probably out to dinner somewhere. Then Walking Dead Wink

28-11-2015, 08:12 PM
(27-11-2015 07:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  90 minutes yoga. My ponytail holder broke half way through class so I had to tuck my hair into my sports bra, it was a look let me tell you Wink

You must have long hair or a very high-up sports bra. Laugh out load

I always put my hair up in a loose bun with hair pins. I can't stand having it fall in my face.

Edit: I'm on the search for a decent sports bra. The one I have is losing its stretch but I don't like them too tight around my boobs either.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-11-2015, 08:58 PM
(28-11-2015 08:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 07:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  90 minutes yoga. My ponytail holder broke half way through class so I had to tuck my hair into my sports bra, it was a look let me tell you Wink

You must have long hair or a very high-up sports bra. Laugh out load

I always put my hair up in a loose bun with hair pins. I can't stand having it fall in my face.

Edit: I'm on the search for a decent sports bra. The one I have is losing its stretch but I don't like them too tight around my boobs either.

Yeah, my hair is pretty long. I usually put it up in a yoga bun just piled on top of my head or in a ponytail.

I need a fairly tight sports bra or I don't have enough support and my boobs will get in the way of the poses Laugh out load I have some Zerlar yoga bras I like. You could also check lululemon.