Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-12-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Passed my kidney stone losing 22 lbs in the process between that and some other fun health issues over last 4 months....today, I am determined to go kick myself in the ass, break some weights and start yet another climb back to where I was.

Gotta start with chest and tris day of course Evil_monster

Flex

Gonna go medium weights, high volume so I dont hurt myself and have yet another set back lol....someday I will learn.

off to the gym.....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-12-2015, 10:00 AM
(05-12-2015 09:47 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Passed my kidney stone losing 22 lbs in the process between that and some other fun health issues over last 4 months....today, I am determined to go kick myself in the ass, break some weights and start yet another climb back to where I was.

Flex

Gonna go medium weights, high volume so I dont hurt myself and have yet another set back lol....someday I will learn.

off to the gym.....

Kidney stone?! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooch! !!!

Take it easy though. Small and steady wins the race.

Off to a two and a half hour ballet class. I need to find another adult ballet class so I'm not just in the one class a week. I don't want to be in with 16 year old girls since I'm not on point anymore. I just doing it for the exercise but adult classes are hard to find.

After that I'm off to a christmas party.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-12-2015, 10:30 AM
I've started drinking coffee more often. I really didn't want to but I've discovered it makes me less hungry when I drink it. Is that weird? Haha!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-12-2015, 10:34 AM
(05-12-2015 10:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've started drinking coffee more often. I really didn't want to but I've discovered it makes me less hungry when I drink it. Is that weird? Haha!

It does do that. Although I drink it to wake up because I am soooo not a morning person. I keep trying to give it up and I just can't, so I stopped trying Tongue
05-12-2015, 11:15 AM
(05-12-2015 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 10:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've started drinking coffee more often. I really didn't want to but I've discovered it makes me less hungry when I drink it. Is that weird? Haha!

It does do that. Although I drink it to wake up because I am soooo not a morning person. I keep trying to give it up and I just can't, so I stopped trying Tongue

Waking me up is a great side effect as well! Haha!

I'm not a morning person either, but i have to be now. Ugh
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-12-2015, 11:37 AM
(05-12-2015 09:47 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Passed my kidney stone losing 22 lbs in the process between that and some other fun health issues over last 4 months....today, I am determined to go kick myself in the ass, break some weights and start yet another climb back to where I was.

Flex

off to the gym.....

Chest and tris on Saturday? Blink

But I thought it was some kind of law that Monday was chest day... Wink

[Image: 038dba018eefac6ed81b3c166913bd23.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
05-12-2015, 05:41 PM
I've been trying to get back into exercising after a long period of inactivity, and I've lost a lot of leg muscle as a result. What's the best way for me to proceed, other than "exercise more?" Tongue

Also, there's not a lot for me to do that requires me to be active, at the moment.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
05-12-2015, 05:44 PM
(05-12-2015 05:41 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I've been trying to get back into exercising after a long period of inactivity, and I've lost a lot of leg muscle as a result. What's the best way for me to proceed, other than "exercise more?" Tongue

Also, there's not a lot for me to do that requires me to be active, at the moment.

What type of workouts or exercise do you enjoy doing?
05-12-2015, 05:49 PM
(05-12-2015 05:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 05:41 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I've been trying to get back into exercising after a long period of inactivity, and I've lost a lot of leg muscle as a result. What's the best way for me to proceed, other than "exercise more?" Tongue

What type of workouts or exercise do you enjoy doing?

Mostly bodyweight exercises. I like most upper body workouts, and I'm fine with doing squats or walking/running for lower body, but I'm looking for more lower body workouts too. I'm also open to using weights.

I'm not sure if it matters or not but I weigh 106 pounds. I'm kind of underweight.

05-12-2015, 05:57 PM
(05-12-2015 05:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 05:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What type of workouts or exercise do you enjoy doing?

Mostly bodyweight exercises. I like most upper body workouts, and I'm fine with doing squats or walking/running for lower body, but I'm looking for more lower body workouts too. I'm also open to using weights.

I'm not sure if it matters or not but I weigh 106 pounds. I'm kind of underweight.

If you like using your own body weight as resistance, I used to use You Are Your Own Gym dvds by Mark Lauren. This is his novice portion of his dvd...but he also has intermediate and advanced exercises as well.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post