Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-12-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(05-12-2015 05:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm not sure if it matters or not but I weigh 106 pounds. I'm kind of underweight.

"Kind of underweight" seems like "kind of" an understatement for a 23 year old male. Consider

Anyway...I'd recommend 5 x 5 squats using just the bar to start with. Then add ten pounds each workout until you can't hit five sets of five reps. Stick with that weight until you do 5 sets of 5 and then increase the weight by 10 lbs your next workout.

The low weight and slow but steady progression will let you train the movement and make sure all components of the movement are strong enough for heavier weights when you get there.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
05-12-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 12:44 AM by jennybee.)
Did one hour of yoga today. Krav Maga tomorrow. Probably do more yoga too. Maybe go to a farmer's market to get some healthy fruits and veggies Thumbsup
06-12-2015, 09:06 AM
(05-12-2015 07:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Did one hour of yoga today. Krav Maga tomorrow. Probably do more yoga too. Maybe go to a farmer's market to get some healthy fruits and veggies Thumbsup

Wouldn't want those unhealthy ones! Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Before our unit Christmas party today we had intended to use a tractor tire for a group workout, but the workout changed from tire flipping to taking turns pushing each other up a hill inside the tire and rolling back down. Nobody got hurt too bad, and it was still a good workout Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-12-2015, 09:17 AM
(06-12-2015 09:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 07:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Did one hour of yoga today. Krav Maga tomorrow. Probably do more yoga too. Maybe go to a farmer's market to get some healthy fruits and veggies Thumbsup

Wouldn't want those unhealthy ones! Tongue

Laugh out load That post was a late one lol Wink

I do melt chocolate chips and drizzle them over my strawberries. I think my brain was thinking about chocolate and trying to counteract that by saying noooo eat healthy since I overindulged at a mexican restaurant Friday night. Their wet burritos are amazing and I can't control myself with homemade tortilla chips and homemade guac and some cold beer. Weeping
06-12-2015, 09:20 AM
(06-12-2015 09:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 09:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Wouldn't want those unhealthy ones! Tongue

Laugh out load That post was a late one lol Wink

I do melt chocolate chips and drizzle them over my strawberries. I think my brain was thinking about chocolate and trying to counteract that by saying noooo eat healthy since I overindulged at a mexican restaurant Friday night. Their wet burritos are amazing and I can't control myself with homemade tortilla chips and homemade guac and some cold beer. Weeping

Omg tha sounds amazeballs! I could go for some Mexican right about now. Maybe I'll have a quesadilla for lunch!
06-12-2015, 09:24 AM
(06-12-2015 09:20 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 09:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Laugh out load That post was a late one lol Wink

Omg tha sounds amazeballs! I could go for some Mexican right about now. Maybe I'll have a quesadilla for lunch!

That sounds good! I love mexican food. Today I think I'm going to get some channa masala, naan, and veggie samosas at the farmer's market to have for lunch today and also get some falafels with pita bread for lunch tomorrow.
06-12-2015, 09:29 AM
(06-12-2015 09:13 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Before our unit Christmas party today we had intended to use a tractor tire for a group workout, but the workout changed from tire flipping to taking turns pushing each other up a hill inside the tire and rolling back down. Nobody got hurt too bad, and it was still a good workout Tongue

That sounds fun! Fun workouts are the best. I always push myself and even though there is definite physical exertion, I forget I'm actually working out--until the next day when my muscles are sore.
06-12-2015, 09:35 AM
(06-12-2015 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 09:20 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Omg tha sounds amazeballs! I could go for some Mexican right about now. Maybe I'll have a quesadilla for lunch!

That sounds good! I love mexican food. Today I think I'm going to get some channa masala, naan, and veggie samosas at the farmer's market to have for lunch today and also get some falafels with pita bread for lunch tomorrow.

Sadly we only have 1 Indian food place here, and I hear it's kinda crappy. Lol
06-12-2015, 09:48 AM
(06-12-2015 09:35 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  That sounds good! I love mexican food. Today I think I'm going to get some channa masala, naan, and veggie samosas at the farmer's market to have for lunch today and also get some falafels with pita bread for lunch tomorrow.

Sadly we only have 1 Indian food place here, and I hear it's kinda crappy. Lol

That sucks. That's one thing I like about where I live--lots of different ethnic food options. I love trying new food. I just found an Ethiopian restaurant near me that I really want to try.