Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-12-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(08-12-2015 05:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 05:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did another combo whole body workout and upper body workout.

Pruning apple trees and pulling up vines, then re-laying parts of the front walk to correct some subsidence.

It was 41°F (5°C) today. Dodgy

The front walk is about 55 feet long and 4½ feet wide. I built it several years ago and it needed some work.

[Image: FrontWalk1.jpg]

Christ Chas! Gasp That's exactly what I've done to the causeway in front of our house. I took out the grass strip that was there and laid down a cobblestone looking brick so I don't have to mow or water that area. It has a slight curve similar to your walkway. And I've done the whole thing by my little ol' female self. I'd take some pictures but the weather sucks.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-12-2015, 06:00 PM
(08-12-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 05:12 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That's awesome Chas!!

People underestimate chores like that. Sometimes, those chores are worse than a gym workout...from a muscle soreness perspective. lol

So, this time next year, I probably will be married, because we want to get married next October. Then after that...going to start having babies. Holy crap. lol Gasp I better stay into fitness, so my body bounces back. UnsureBig Grin

A little advice. Give yourself a couple of years before making babies. You sound all romantic and starry eyed about this relationship but get used to each other first. Yes, stay fit and exercise but let your relationship percolate for a while before jumping into parenthood.

Let me tell you something, there's nothing that smacks sex out of a relationship faster than a baby. You probably don't believe me but after you've had a baby the hormones change and your brain is fixated on keeping that baby healthy and alive and sex takes a back seat, at least for quite a while.....like almost a year, especially if you're nursing. If your relationship with your husband isn't rock solid from the get-go a baby will dismantle love faster than a the speed of light.

I don't have any kids, but have heard this from a few friends of mine as well. At the same time, depending on your age, you don't want to wait too long if you plan on having babies.

All that said, you have to do what feels right to you, Deidre. I also have friends who had babies fairly soon after marriage and they seem to still be enjoying themselves with their husbands Wink Either way Congrats a million times over! So glad you found someone who makes you happy! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-12-2015, 06:40 PM
(08-12-2015 05:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 05:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did another combo whole body workout and upper body workout.

Pruning apple trees and pulling up vines, then re-laying parts of the front walk to correct some subsidence.

It was 41°F (5°C) today. Dodgy

The front walk is about 55 feet long and 4½ feet wide. I built it several years ago and it needed some work.

[Image: FrontWalk1.jpg]
LOVE THIS!!! Heart

(08-12-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 05:12 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That's awesome Chas!!

People underestimate chores like that. Sometimes, those chores are worse than a gym workout...from a muscle soreness perspective. lol

So, this time next year, I probably will be married, because we want to get married next October. Then after that...going to start having babies. Holy crap. lol Gasp I better stay into fitness, so my body bounces back. UnsureBig Grin

A little advice. Give yourself a couple of years before making babies. You sound all romantic and starry eyed about this relationship but get used to each other first. Yes, stay fit and exercise but let your relationship percolate for a while before jumping into parenthood.

Let me tell you something, there's nothing that smacks sex out of a relationship faster than a baby. You probably don't believe me but after you've had a baby the hormones change and your brain is fixated on keeping that baby healthy and alive and sex takes a back seat, at least for quite a while.....like almost a year, especially if you're nursing. If your relationship with your husband isn't rock solid from the get-go a baby will dismantle love faster than a the speed of light.
I'm so glad you gave me this advice, yes maybe you are right. I have friends with kids and my mom has told me similar advice. lol

Thank you for this!!

(08-12-2015 06:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A little advice. Give yourself a couple of years before making babies. You sound all romantic and starry eyed about this relationship but get used to each other first. Yes, stay fit and exercise but let your relationship percolate for a while before jumping into parenthood.

I don't have any kids, but have heard this from a few friends of mine as well. At the same time, depending on your age, you don't want to wait too long if you plan on having babies.

All that said, you have to do what feels right to you, Deidre. I also have friends who had babies fairly soon after marriage and they seem to still be enjoying themselves with their husbands Wink Either way Congrats a million times over! So glad you found someone who makes you happy! Heart

Thank you jennybee!! Big Grin I honestly never saw myself getting married...just turned so many guys away, and I wasn't dating the past few months, just slowed things down to enjoy me for a change. The fact that he is moving back to the states, we got together, and the love is still there, is the best gift ever right now. I never thought the idea of marriage would make me so happy. I was already happy, but you know what I mean? Smile

Tonight, I went for a run and managed to add sprints into the mix. It was awesome. Went about 4 miles. I say 'about' because it's a route I traditionally take and that's the distance. Nice to see all the lit up houses for the holidays, along my route tonight. Chase

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
08-12-2015, 06:41 PM
(08-12-2015 12:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I always forget how much better I feel after getting back into exercising.

that's so nice to hear!! Thumbsup

08-12-2015, 08:52 PM
RANT

I hate looking at my self. i need to lift more, my arms are only 5 inches when flexing, they need to be 12. and worst my hand is shaking. all i did was punch a tree for 30 minutes. i need to train more days a week and more hours a day.

RANT OVER..

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-12-2015, 08:59 PM
(08-12-2015 08:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  RANT

I hate looking at my self. i need to lift more, my arms are only 5 inches when flexing, they need to be 12. and worst my hand is shaking. all i did was punch a tree for 30 minutes. i need to train more days a week and more hours a day.

RANT OVER..

You will do it...set some goals that are achievable every day...every week. Yes

09-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Recent post from my fitness idol.

Rants by Ross: Adversity is What Makes You

Quote:[Image: dontquit.jpg]

One of the biggest myths of all is to believe that you’ll someday achieve a level of success that catapults you beyond the struggles of life. Over the years, I’ve seen countless athletes and entrepreneurs who’ve been fooled to believe in such a fantasy. Success is falsely perceived to be a lavish world that’s free of pain, worry, and misfortune. Sadly, no such world exists. Life will always include its share of hardship. With that in mind, don’t shy away from the truth. Instead, change your perception of adversity so that you can eventually benefit from its experience.
No One Is Immune

In the brief video below, Joe Rogan discusses adversity and its relevance to us all. It’s a short clip that’s well worth a listen.

Rogan’s words resonated with me, as I instantly thought back to one of my favorite quotes.

“When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.”

It was many years ago, but I still recall reading these words for the first time. I nodded my head in agreement as I replayed certain experiences in my life that proved such words to be true. There’s no doubt that I wouldn’t be the man I am if I hadn’t faced some of the challenges that I did as a youngster.

Ironically, not long after I saved that quote to my list of favorites, I found myself living out those words again. It was four years ago this month when I woke up one morning to hear that my best friend had been tragically killed in a car accident.

We were best friends as children and throughout my adult life. We had both worked hard to build successful careers and happy families. Life was going well for each of us. There were actually times when I thought to myself, “Holy shit, we really made it.”

But then out of nowhere, I was once again reminded that whatever you have can be gone in an instant. There’s no such thing as working yourself to the point that you are immune to pain and struggle. Life doesn’t care who you are or what you’ve done. It can come out of nowhere and snatch away everything you’ve worked to achieve.
The Moral To The Story

I’m not sharing my story for sympathy, but rather as a reminder that adversity doesn’t discriminate. Eventually, it finds its way into everyone’s life. Therefore, don’t use your struggles as an excuse. No matter what you are going through, someone else has it just as bad (or worse). That’s not a reason to stop living. If anything, it’s a reason to keep going.

Losing my best friend hit me hard. I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m an emotional person and I was a mess afterward. Even writing about it 4 years later is upsetting. Yet, as much as I wish it didn’t happen, I know that I’m a stronger person because of it.
Final Thoughts

As depressing as this entry may sound, it’s important to be realistic about life. I’ve seen far too many athletes achieve some early success only to come crashing down after encountering an unexpected hardship. They basically bought into the idea that they were too good to be knocked down by life. As a result, they weren’t prepared when it happened.

Consequently, I’m always brutally honest with my athletes. I remind them that everything they’ve worked for can be gone in a flash. So don’t waste your time or talent. Just because you’ve tasted success doesn’t mean you can take your foot off the gas and continue to thrive.

There is no easy way to get ahead or to stay on top. Anyone who has accomplished anything worthwhile had to travel a difficult road to get there. Never be foolish enough to believe that your problems are the only problems in the world. Things can always be worse.

Fortunately, it’s also true that you can always do more. It won’t be easy, but life isn’t supposed to be. Living is a privilege that’s revoked to many each day. So stop making excuses and instead make the most of your time while you still can.

+++++

“You’ll never find a better sparring partner than adversity.” – Walt Schmidt

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Did 90 minutes Ashtanga yoga. Lots of float backs and jump backs to chaturanga Heart

This guy has amazing form and he kinda looks like Jason Statham Drooling ...

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-12-2015, 08:13 AM
One of my yoga idols giving an Ashtanga yoga demonstration: Kino MacGregor. Heart

She's so cute Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-12-2015, 10:53 AM
(10-12-2015 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  One of my yoga idols giving an Ashtanga yoga demonstration: Kino MacGregor. Heart

She's so cute Laugh out load

That last pose, feet behind the neck, I used to be able to do that when I was a teenager. I can't do it now, nor do I want to. I know yoga isn't so much about making pretty lines and stuff and the feet behind the neck shows great flexibility in the hips and back but.....well....... it is rather an ugly pose. Just sayin. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post