Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-12-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(10-12-2015 10:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  One of my yoga idols giving an Ashtanga yoga demonstration: Kino MacGregor. Heart

She's so cute Laugh out load

That last pose, feet behind the neck, I used to be able to do that when I was a teenager. I can't do it now, nor do I want to. I know yoga isn't so much about making pretty lines and stuff and the feet behind the neck shows great flexibility in the hips and back but.....well....... it is rather an ugly pose. Just sayin. Tongue

Yes, some of the poses are more odd looking than graceful, but I actually love the art of contortion--so to me it's all beautiful--even the odd poses--in a grotesque dark sort of way. I like that yoga moves through beautiful poses that really accentuate the human body--making it look like a work of art--like a sculpture. I also like the weirder looking poses because I think it shows how far the human body can be stretched without breaking--and in a sense, is a metaphor for life and for yoga. Yoga really helps harness stress and channel it, so you can be pushed to extremes in life and not succumb to life's pressures...or at least learn to handle them in a better, more graceful, calm way.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 11:24 AM
(10-12-2015 11:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 10:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  That last pose, feet behind the neck, I used to be able to do that when I was a teenager. I can't do it now, nor do I want to. I know yoga isn't so much about making pretty lines and stuff and the feet behind the neck shows great flexibility in the hips and back but.....well....... it is rather an ugly pose. Just sayin. Tongue

Yes, some of the poses are more odd looking than graceful, but I actually love the art of contortion--so to me it's all beautiful--even the odd poses--in a grotesque dark sort of way. I like that yoga moves through beautiful poses that really accentuate the human body--making it look like a work of art--like a sculpture. I also like the weirder looking poses because I think it shows how far the human body can be stretched without breaking--and in a sense, is a metaphor for life and for yoga. Yoga really helps harness stress and channel it, so you can be pushed to extremes in life and not succumb to life's pressures...or at least learn to handle them in a better, more graceful, calm way.

I'm kinda funny with yoga. I have to make it look pretty because pretty lines were kinda beaten into my thinking in ballet classes. It's a whole different mind set but, hey, it's all good. Actually the hardest thing for me is the meditation. The yoga teacher usually plays music in the background during meditation and I find myself dancing in my brain to the music, not really meditating. Sometimes I start to tap my fingers or move my head to the beat of the music. I'm bad I tell you. Bad to the bone. Tee-hee.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-12-2015, 11:32 AM
(10-12-2015 11:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 11:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yes, some of the poses are more odd looking than graceful, but I actually love the art of contortion--so to me it's all beautiful--even the odd poses--in a grotesque dark sort of way. I like that yoga moves through beautiful poses that really accentuate the human body--making it look like a work of art--like a sculpture. I also like the weirder looking poses because I think it shows how far the human body can be stretched without breaking--and in a sense, is a metaphor for life and for yoga. Yoga really helps harness stress and channel it, so you can be pushed to extremes in life and not succumb to life's pressures...or at least learn to handle them in a better, more graceful, calm way.

I'm kinda funny with yoga. I have to make it look pretty because pretty lines were kinda beaten into my thinking in ballet classes. It's a whole different mind set but, hey, it's all good. Actually the hardest thing for me is the meditation. The yoga teacher usually plays music in the background during meditation and I find myself dancing in my brain to the music, not really meditating. Sometimes I start to tap my fingers or move my head to the beat of the music. I'm bad I tell you. Bad to the bone. Tee-hee.

It is very hard to focus during meditation. I like when we do chants because that helps me kind of zone a bit and get into it more.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-12-2015, 12:53 PM
(10-12-2015 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  One of my yoga idols giving an Ashtanga yoga demonstration: Kino MacGregor. Heart

I wish I were still that flexible!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
(10-12-2015 12:53 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

I wish I were still that flexible!

If you don't have any injuries you can work to getting back to it.

10-12-2015, 07:06 PM
(10-12-2015 11:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 11:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm kinda funny with yoga. I have to make it look pretty because pretty lines were kinda beaten into my thinking in ballet classes. It's a whole different mind set but, hey, it's all good. Actually the hardest thing for me is the meditation. The yoga teacher usually plays music in the background during meditation and I find myself dancing in my brain to the music, not really meditating. Sometimes I start to tap my fingers or move my head to the beat of the music. I'm bad I tell you. Bad to the bone. Tee-hee.

It is very hard to focus during meditation. I like when we do chants because that helps me kind of zone a bit and get into it more.

Sometimes during meditation I'm even thinking of what I need to buy at the supermarket for dinner... and gee, I need to stop by the bank first and then get some gas and then make sure I remember to buy the special food my cat likes best and then I've gotta hand wash my husband's silk sweater because if I don't do it he'll toss it in the washing machine and totally ruin it.

I wonder what language the lady on the mat next to me was speaking. I sounded like Cambodian or something. I wonder when she came to the US and if she had a hard time getting here. That's gotta be hard to leave your home country. That guy over there on that mat, he's a nut. My hair is all stupid from being in downward dog. Humm....wonder what time it is.

This is literally what I was thinking today during meditation. Laughat Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-12-2015, 05:23 AM
Hey! It looks like someone caught a rare photo of Deidre's other man workin' out. Wink

If you want sexy Jesus delts, you gotta do fish presses. Thumbsup

[Image: B5JeGbxIAAABkc1.png]

[Image: 39-jesus-anomoly.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
11-12-2015, 02:44 PM
On top of being sick, I just got my period Weeping Going home early and going to wrap myself in my comforter, do some moon cycle yoga, and crash watching some zombie movies.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-12-2015, 04:10 PM
(11-12-2015 02:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  On top of being sick, I just got my period Weeping Going home early and going to wrap myself in my comforter, do some moon cycle yoga, and crash watching some zombie movies.

Zombie movie? With all that blood??

Get better and take care of yourself. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-12-2015, 04:15 PM
(11-12-2015 05:23 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Hey! It looks like someone caught a rare photo of Deidre's other man workin' out. Wink

If you want sexy Jesus delts, you gotta do fish presses. Thumbsup

[Image: B5JeGbxIAAABkc1.png]

[Image: 39-jesus-anomoly.jpg]

Can 'O Beans, I'm curious. What the hell is that second picture with Jesus holding the baby Jesus supposed to be.

Oh.

Maybe I just answered my own question. So it's Jesus/god holding the Baby Jesus/god. So does this means that god was once a little baby? Huh

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post