Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-12-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(20-12-2015 12:21 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm going to plan for a long run today, wish me luck. Long meaning 6 miles. Since I've been hovering around 4 miles, it will seem long. Unsure Big Grin

Good for you! That is a long run, let us know how you do Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2015 07:20 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
Just for fun...

[Image: c29f100c75f223ca4dc11507045131b3455343b5...c112bb.jpg]

On a serious note, I've been more of an "Atheist who used to work out" lately, but I'm taking the week off between Christmas and New Year's and plan on two-a-days to kick my own ass and get as much of that initial soreness out of the way as possible. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
20-12-2015, 07:49 PM
(05-12-2015 06:13 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 05:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm not sure if it matters or not but I weigh 106 pounds. I'm kind of underweight.

"Kind of underweight" seems like "kind of" an understatement for a 23 year old male. Consider

Anyway...I'd recommend 5 x 5 squats using just the bar to start with. Then add ten pounds each workout until you can't hit five sets of five reps. Stick with that weight until you do 5 sets of 5 and then increase the weight by 10 lbs your next workout.

The low weight and slow but steady progression will let you train the movement and make sure all components of the movement are strong enough for heavier weights when you get there.

And while you're doing these squats, Mark Rippetoe suggests drinking a gallon of whole milk per day to get your weight up.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
20-12-2015, 10:27 PM
This is what I ended up getting my yoga instructor for her holiday gift. It's a mandala necklace from Satya.

[Image: photo.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
20-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Loooove that, jennybee!

Well, I did not work out today, but made cookies with my fiance tonight. lol Time to get fat. lol Jk, but I must work out or that will happen. Unsure lol

Sleep well, my lovelies.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
20-12-2015, 11:19 PM
(20-12-2015 11:08 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Loooove that, jennybee!

Well, I did not work out today, but made cookies with my fiance tonight. lol Time to get fat. lol Jk, but I must work out or that will happen. Unsure lol

Sleep well, my lovelies.

Oh no, it's not time yet. No

You've got wedding pictures on 10/8/2016. Then it's time to get fat. Or not. It's totally up to you. Big Grin

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
20-12-2015, 11:26 PM
(20-12-2015 11:19 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  

Sleep well, my lovelies.

Oh no, it's not time yet. No

You've got wedding pictures on 10/8/2016. Then it's time to get fat. Or not. It's totally up to you. Big Grin

LMAO!!! I will wait then. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
21-12-2015, 12:34 AM

Sleep well, my lovelies.

Thank you, I'm hoping she likes it. I'm giving it to her in class tomorrow. My Krav Maga instructor loved the Walking Dead Risk game. I like it too and want one for myself Tongue. I am having some friends over for Christmas Eve and I think it will be fun to play.

Your cookies sounded Drooling I want some!
22-12-2015, 02:59 PM
At the advice of some other fitness nerds, I filled an anti burst stability ball partially with water to make an odd sort of weight. Kind of like working with a sandbag, except the weight is trying to change position as I lift it. Good for grip/stability training Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
22-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Wife brought home one of those wheels you roll along the floor to work the abs (Ab Carver it’s called https://abcarverpro.com/cart/?gclid=COOV...aQodn9EODA)

I don’t know if it’s helping me “carve” my abs but it sure as shit feels like I’m about to cough up an ab muscle Hobo

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post